“Beautiful modern hotel”

Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Guadalajara
San Juan, PR
“Beautiful modern hotel”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Great location,next to the expo. Rooms are really big, the bed was comfy and shower was big. Nice machines at the gym. Great service, everybody was very friendly and helpful. Concierge helped me arrange a tour of the city.

• Stayed April 2014
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Mari R,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent experience at The Westin Guadalajara.

We appreciate spending your time to send us your comments; it's good to know that your experience was up to your expectations. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Guadalajara in the near future.

Manuel Dieguez R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Directly across the street from the Expo Guadalajara, this is a great location if you are involved in an event there. The rooms were fairly large and comfortable. service was excellent. There was quite a bit of noise and music at times but it only made me dance a little in my room and ended before I went to sleep so no harm done. I had some troubles with the internet but the front desk assisted immediately every time, so again, no harm done. Breakfasts were great, but other meals required planning because service was sometimes very very very very very slow.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Chris s,
Thank you very much for taking the time in share your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
We are happy to read that you enjoy our facilities, rooms and service.
It will be a pleasure welcome you back at The Westin Guadalajara.
Aurora, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was there for Expo Plasticos convention. This is very convenient location to the Expo Guadalajara. The hotel Concierge Carla was great, she helped make dinner reservations, helped with shipping in & out of packages. The hotel restaurant is good. The staff was very friendly. The only draw back is there is no swimming pool. This was disappointing as the days were mid to upper 80's, hot. But would highly recommend this hotel. It is about 20-30 minutes from airport. And centrally located to most places in Guadalajara. The gym was very nice too. Nice equipment and clean.

Room Tip: Check around if you need a swimming pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Todd H,
Thank you for choosing The Westin Guadalajara as your best option to stay at the city during Expo Plasticos.
We appreciate your encouraging comments regarding the quality of the facilities, concierge services and the location of the Hotel, just in front of Expo Guadalajara.
It will be a pleasure welcome you to The Westin Guadalajara in a near future.
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've stayed in many hotels in Guadalajara and this one by far is the best one. I personally think this one is much better than the Riu which is also much more expensive.. Only draw back is that it lacks a pool. Restaurant is very nice and decor is great as well

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nabster1987
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Nabster1987,
Thank you very much for taking the time in comment regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
It is a pleasure to read that you find in our hotel the best option to stay in Guadalajara.
We will be glad to welcome you soon at The Westin.
Manuel Dieguez
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Even though the team was a little distracted with the details on the reservation, at the end they ended up fixing the issue and the support provided was outstanding. First hotel in Mexico to provide complimentary nights with all meals included!
Very business ambiance, modern yet elegant, sharp looking and high quality decor and materials.
I wished there was a pool; however, the gym and business center is great!
Excellent location!
I got just the rest I needed for my Running to the End of the World journey!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Jmkliur,
Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
We are so proud to contribute to the success of Running to the End of the World journey!
We hope have the opportunity to welcome you at The Westin Guadalajara again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I recently switched from the Hilton brand to the SPG brand and let me tell you this experience was great. Hotel was really nice and modern, located in a nice area and the rooms were great. I really enjoyed the change of pace from the Hilton offering which happens to be next door. I was on the 8th floor facing the convention hall and had a great sunset view. Overall the hotel was great, my room smelled clean and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul M
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Paul M,
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
We are happy to read that you prefer The Westin Guadalajara and our loyalty program Starwood Preferred Guest.
We will be pleased to welcome you soon at Westin again.
Be well,
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin Guadalajara for a short business trip. The top level floors are SPG floors. The hotel is located across the street from the Guadalajara Expo convention center and about 35m from the airport.

The check-in experience was slower than expected. I arrived early and they had to locate a clean room for me. There was some computer mix up with my SPG account (Gold status was not appearing) and so I was told I would have to call SPG member services to get this fixed. I was given an SPG room nonetheless. The staff were all able to speak English, so communication was not an issue.

I was given a west facing room on the 17th floor. The room had floor to ceiling windows making it an awesome vista to watch the Guadalajara sunsets. The downside is that the sunlight cooked the room, which the AC could not keep cool. The windows have heavy drapes that can be kept closed to keep it cooler. The rooms are spacious and new, and the standard Westin heavenly bed lived up to its namesake. Its all about a good nights sleep! I was charged for Wireless Internet access, which was surprisingly fast. Accessing from the Lobby is free.

If you're looking for an authentic Mexican Meal, stay away from the Hotel's restaurant. There is little in the way of local cuisine found on the menu. The breakfast buffet is pricey for what is offered. The room service menu offers some decent choices, but of course there is a premium cost as well as a service charge.

The concierge was helpful with finding restaurants and entertainment as well as arranging transportation. I would stay at this property again. Starwood's only other property in Guadalajara is an Aloft. I gave this Hotel 4 stars for being new. I would have given it 5 stars if the service was par with other Westin properties. By comparison, the service was slow, and impersonal. I did not feel valued. It would have been nice to have someone help me with SPG status issue, which I must now chase and fix on my own.

Room Tip: Pick a room that is oriented North or East. The West and East rooms are hammered by the sun and the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BruceS911
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear BruceS911,
First of all we want to thank you for your accurate review regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
We want to offer our apologies if check in process took longer than you expected.
Otherwise, we are happy to read that you enjoy your upgraded room.
Regarding our menu selection, next time you visit us, we will be glad to offer some Mexican alternatives for your meals.
We really appreciate your feedback, we are looking welcome you soon at The Westin Guadalajara again.
Manuel M. Dieguez