“Very nice, affordable hotel”

Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Hotel is very nice and comfortable, the beds are good and the rooms are clean. The service staff is professional and friendly. The location is good, there is a small in walking distance and various restaurants. It looks more expensive, but it was fairly affordable.

Room Tip: Choose a top room overviewing the city
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed for a week during a Forum in Expo Guadalajara. You have to get a taxi to go to the Expo, but the rooms are very comfortable (everything is new), the room service very good and the food in the restaurant is delicious. In front you have a mall, not the most fancy, but it is big. In the opposite corner there is a Sanborns. The city center is a short taxi drive away. I definitely recommend staying there. A good value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The last time I stayed in this hotel a couple of years ago it was under remodelation. Now it is great. The romos ample, great air condition and TV, great ammenities and great Executive Room. The only thing that needs improving immediately is the valet service. It takes for ever to get your car. You can always ask in advance and will be waiting for you, but if you forget you can wait up to 20 minutes. this is due to a light that takes forever, but this can be easily resolved if the driver take a Little longer routh, but fastest. But they are not allowed because of an insurance issue. Should work on that, otherwise perfect.
Another issue I had before was the internet. Resoved: free and two networks, one for Macintosh and one for PC.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I had my worst experience ever in any hotel at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara... and I've stayed at some very bad hotels in my lifetime.

I booked 3 weeks in advance. I am a Platinum Elite at IHG Rewards so I got a bigger room from them, although it looked old and not well maintained. The room AC was not working so I asked the front desk manager to repair it or move me to another room. When I came back from dinner I was told that their AC was broken and, since they did not want to downgrade my room, they put a fan in my room (yes that was their solution) to see if I would feel more comfortable.

I hesitated, but accepted to try this. Thinking this is supposed to be an "Intercontinental" hotel but keeping in mind I am in Guadalajara, Mexico... so maybe it was too much to ask.

When I got back to the room I started working and suddenly started seeing bugs "all over" (see attached pictures). I spotted at least 10 of these in the surroundings of the desk. I was on a high floor and the window was not open.

I called the front desk and told them about it and they asked me to wait and they would call me back... I waited. After what seemed an eternity I called again and asked them to send the bell boy to pick up my luggage since I'd rather wait at the restaurant drinking a soda and not in this infested room... I kept waiting. I took my luggage downstairs and found out that there was another guest with the same "bug problem"

The front desk manager pulled out a report on the bugs, told us that the hotel had knowledge about them and that they were "not harmful"... I asked them to give me a "non infested" room and they finally informed me that they were booked and could not meet my request... I left my contact information and walked out.

After almost a week I had not gotten a refund. I called and they put me through to the General Manager of the hotel... I can't believe I had to call to ask for a refund and an apology.

I hope the bugs got cleaned out and this bad experience is not repeated at any Intercontinental hotel... I wish I never have to go back to this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Ricardo T
Gustavo S, Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Ricardo T,

We are extremely sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations nor under the standards we are used to provide our guests.
We would like to inform you that we have taken immediate actions regarding the plague you mentioned. These insects that usually exist in the trees during summertime were fumigated with our company SIECOC to eliminate this problem.
Please find the attached document with the technical report of insects; I would like to approach you by e-mail, I leave here my contact information to looking forward to hear from you soon.
Generally in life we find times of emergency which must be solved immediately, as we did it in this case.
We hope you give us a chance in the future to serve you again.
Gustavo Staufert

México 45050

Atention: Lic. Gustavo Staufert Buclon
OCCASIONAL INVADERS
Ernobius punctulatus(LeConte) Coleoptea:Anobiidae
Adults are bright reddish brown and measure 2.5 to 4.5mm in length. The larvae in a "C" are white, yellowishbrown head.
CYCLE OF LIFE AND HABIT: generasiones present twoper year. During April and June are cones that matured eggs in previous years and current year conillos aborted.
The larvae feed on dry, hard material cone dead. Mature larvae to pupa summer and spend a few weeks to adulthood adults come to lay eggs on cones and seeds released, in which the larva spend the winter.
DAMAGE: larvae and adults feed on mature cones or dead, damaged scales and seeds (cones atancan not alive).
SIGNIFICANCE: It doesn’t matter
Control: Not control
In the category of cone and seed insects to insects include limiting the harvest of viable seed, which affect fruiting structures infested trees and some may also affect the shoots and buds, but do not cause death of the trees, and reduce growth. Belong to a wide variety of families of six orders of insects. In the order Lepidoptera larvae families Tortricidae, Pyralidae and scuttling cochylidae feed and cones of conifers, which cause death or deformation. Some species feed on seeds, without causing external symptoms of attack.
Insects Boxelder Tree
The autumnal invasion of insects boxelder tree more than a nuisance is a threat. Although insects do not bite or harm people, when large amounts internal spaces, their droppings can stain fabrics and surfaces.
Insect Life
Generally, boxelder tree insects overwinter in cracks and crevices of tree trunks. Unfortunately, bugs do not distinguish between a house and a tree, once the bugs are introduced into the house, usually overwinter in attics or wall voids. On sunny days, temperate insects are most active and heat-seeking internal spaces.
The bugs look sunny places, usually near the windows added.
In spring, the bugs go outdoors, where adults feed, mate and lay eggs. The youngsters are given the great feast all summer, growing to maturity. His favorite food is the seed pods of the trees,they also feed on ash and maple seeds.
Life Cycle
In the fall, a large number of these species congregate on the south side of trees, buildings and sun-exposed rocks. It is during this period that the proliferation of these insects are abundant. Insects of "boxelder" adults often try to penetrate into the interiors of buildings in an attempt to secure a place in the winter that can protect and it is in these places where we will be constantly protected as part of our responsibility to this Institution but prevent their entry will not be a simple task and our best professional offering is to go to his call as many times as necessary to prevent their proliferation.
Key points to consider:
1. Insect populations swell boxelder tree in dry, hot summers and if the latter was rather warm spring and summer, sultry and steamy, boxelder tree insects are numerous in the fall.
Two. Boxelder tree insects feel a great attraction of buildings, big walls, sunnier for its orientation towards the west or south.
For our part we make an application humectadle powder to counter this scourge entry last Monday
and this exercise was reinforced inside and outside around the hotel
The product you are using contains the exclusive formula for bidirectional Bayer also control other
surface insects like ants, fleas and ticks insects added to the tree giving protection for up to 30 days
approximately.
Actions
Most infestations begin slowly and these actions can be stopped before they become established.
Use cypermethrin is most recommended for a quick death. The application of product on the trees,
plants or accumulate structure where these pests will be our next target once we achieve
identification. This treatment reduces assets seeking to nest in and around the property.
The application of Cypermethrin end up with those that are emerging. However, for long-term
control, treatment should boxelders get to where they are nesting.

Cordially
Rogelio Lopez Agular MBA
General Manger
SSA Lincense 1014A-09

Reviewed 17 August 2013

very good service, especially to ramiro at check-in was very helpful and attentive, the place was very clean, very safe and excellent location very spacious room and all very professionals throughout the week I was staying,I will be back soon a great experience and thank you very much for your services

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Eduardo S
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stated here about 10 years ago and was happy to learn it was remodeled. However, this time it was a really bad experience!!! There was a cockroach in the room!!!! This is beyond acceptable for a 5 star property!! Furthermore, my mom is insulin dependent thus she needs to keep the medicine cold at all times, we gave our dry ice to the hotel staff to keep it in the room service or restaurant freezer. However they lost it!. At check out time they looked for the ice for over 2 hours, we almost lost our flight because of this. We find it extremely irresponsible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mbrof
Gustavo S, Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

We sincerely regret the trouble we have caused with the misplacement of your insuline, reason why we immediately decided to refund the amount indicated by you.
We continually strive to improve our standards in order to serve you better and to prevent that any similar event re-occurs.
We are going to retrain our restaurant staff to follow the proper procedures regarding our guest belongings

Gustavo Staufert