“Lovely Boutique Hotel”

LA FE Hotel and Arts
Ranked #35 of 131 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Very nice boutique hotel with the friendliest staff ever! The location is great, but is a little noisy due to the close proximity to night clubs. This did not bother us one bit, but might disturb others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank APLewisSanCarlos_CA
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thanks so much for staying with us and for the feedback. We take every guest comment and all feedback seriously and do everything we can to ensure you have an excellent stay. Hope to see you again one day soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

La Fe is easily the nicest hotel I have stayed in in Guadalajara – with regular trips to the city I have visited my fair share of hotels but nothing comes close to La Fe.

It was located within walking distance of Chapultapec (a popular place with many bars and restaurants) and situated in a very safe area of the city.

The hotel itself is beautiful, it has a traditional Mexican feel as it is located in an old colonial home and many of the original features (such as the beautiful tiling on the ground floor and staircases) have been maintained and restored. The ground floor of the hotel is home to the reception, a kitchen and a beautiful, comfortable seating area – the entire space is framed with beautiful pieces of art from local artists – (I spoke to the manager about the art gallery and he informed me the art work and sculpture exhibitions will be changed every 3-4 months). It is a very interesting space with a lot of natural light. There is a great terrace on the roof, it was locked when I stayed however the manager informed me of plans to use to space there too.

The rooms; the hotel room we stayed in was beautiful, we stayed in the front of the hotel and had access to a balcony via a huge wooden door with beautiful shutters. The beds were perfect, not too hard and not too soft (had a great 12 hour sleep on my first night) and the sheets were some of the softest I have ever felt – rare for a hotel! The bed had a beautiful handcrafted Mexican throw at the foot and the furniture (wardrobe, desk, and bed head were in a beautiful, rustic wood. There was a flat screen tv although we didn’t use it and the bathroom was beautiful – immaculately clean, modern and the shower was excellent!

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. We ate great Indian food and could walk to and from the hotel with no problems, it is located opposite a bank and close to an oxxo (like a 7 11) so we had everything we needed without a car or cab. Jeff and Hugo were great to us, told us lots about the hotels history and told us places to visit in the area. It’s great that the staff are bilingual and know a lot about the area. I will be staying in La Fe again in April, this time with my in laws too.

Room Tip: Use a room in the back for quiet and a room in the front for a cute little balcony!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We look forward to your April return!!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is one of the best places to stay at Guadalajara. It is a very comfortable, cozy and quiet place to hang out, organized and clean, showing very interesting pieces of art. All the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The plus is the location, it is located in a very safe area and close to many bars and restaurants. it is two blocks away from both of the most important avenues (Av. Vallarta and Chapultepec) so it is perfect if you are going to the US Embassy.

Room Tip: I stayed at the Rulfo room which has a nice balcony to see outside but if you prefer to be more quie...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. It means so much to us that our guests will take the time to give us feedback. And the positive comments about our staff are much appreciated. Ensuring each guest has a wonderful stay is our top priority. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to Guadalajara and especially my stay at La Fe! I don't understand why Tripadvisor is categorizing La Fe as an Inn because it was a wonderful boutique hotel with great art :)

Room Tip: Choose the "Rulfo" room. It has a nice, little balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit to Guadalajara!

Saludos!!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

With the coziness of a bed & breakfast and only 7 rooms, the Hotel la Fe and arts really is a great choice for anyone who wants to be where things are happening in Guadalajara. Built with love, care and style in an old Guadalajara Casona its interlaced Art exhibits with hip and emerging artists from the area get you connected to interesting and up beat locals in no time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for the kind words and please come back soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I just returned from Guadalajara where I had the pleasure of spending four nights at the newly opened La Fe Hotel. What a treat !!!! La Fe is a small boutique hotel which has all of the following; Very clean, new and unique furnishings; fabulous service oriented and friendly staff (fluent in both English and Spanish) and a great location. My son lives in Guadalajara and it's nice to know I've finally found such a nice place to stay when I visit. As a plus, I loved the art/sculptures that were on display (artist: Rodo Padilla) and was able to purchase a piece to bring home with me. In short, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks to your new friends from Colorado and Hawaii! We look forward to your return!!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very Hospitable clean and safe this Re-amped hostel with a modern-art feel is very convenient and affordable. The cute hotel is very cozy, located next to historical landmarks surrounded by beautiful architecture in the heart of Guadalajara. If you're a music lover you will be able to stumble to many disco-techs and bars.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you lovely lady!! On your next visit we'll get you in a balcony room. Hope to see you again soon.