“Great place”

Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great place”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Everything was perfect! Great location, friendly staff, nice/modern furniture, etc.
The only bad part was the shower: The curtains, walls and floor of the shower were full of mold (do not forget your flip flops!!!)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank horaciorv
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your feedback. My sincere apologies for this unacceptable mistake we made. Our expectations are much higher than this and it's an embarrassment that it occured. I only wish you would have told us immediately so we could have moved you to a different room. We have obviously done a thorough sterilization and cleaning and now monitor the humidity levels in all rooms daily. I hope we will see you again on your next visit to Guadalajara.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was my first trip to mexico, and it was suggested that we stay at LaFe because it was in the center of what is the best of Guadalajara. The hotel is walking distance from an array of wonderful restaurants,cafes and historical sites. the staff at LaFe were top notch and more than willing to attend to the needs of the guests, the staff all spoke English, so it was easy for someone like me that doesn't know Spanish! We stayed in a room called RULFO. The room was clean and comfortable. all in all a very good stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Guadalajara! :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank plfmedia .
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
It was our pleasure to have you stay in the hotel and we sincerely appreciate the feedback. We hope to see you again soon in our wonderful city!
Leon, Mexico
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had to renew my visa so I stayed at La fe because it was closer and not knowing what to expect and they blew my mind, the hotel is calm, the breakfast was included and the staff is amazing and honest. I left my laptop and checked out and they immediately called me to come pick it up, I had money in there too and it was all there when I picked it up.

Room Tip: I stayed in Galindo and it was just what I needed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Manuel H
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you sir for staying with us at LA FE and for taking the time to give us feedback. It is so important to us and to our guests to know how we are doing and where we can improve. We hope to see you again on future trips to Guadalajara. Saludos!
Oslo
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good location in a trendy area of Guadalajara, Chapultepec. Cute and stylish rooms and not a bad hotel in general, but not so much more. The staff were nice and helpful, although not always available.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank staycold
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. We recognize it's impossible to please all of the people all of the time but we certainly have that as our goal. We will continue to focus on constantly improving every detail of the hotel. I do hope you'll give us another try on your next visit to Guadalajara. Again, thank you for your feedback and for staying at LA FE Hotel.
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I live (& work) in Leon so we like to spend the puentes (long-weekends) visiting other nearby cities. This was our 3rd time in the past year that we have been to Guadalajara & our first time at La Fe. La Fe is definitely our favorite place we have stayed at in Guadalajara & next time we visit, we will not hesitate to stay their again. The location is so close to great restaurants, walking streets, etc. We loved just walking out the door to get to everything we wanted to see. Beyond the location, the staff is amazing (I wish I could give the staff a 'super excellent' score on TripAdvisor)! The staff and owners are so friendly, helpful, & they are bilingual. The rooms have everything one could want, including nice balconies. If I had one suggestion, it would be to add a couple patio chairs on the balconies but that is minor. We slept very comfortably & even though there were other guests at the hotel, the rooms are so private, we felt like we were the only ones there. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Room Tip: We liked being on the second floor but I think all the rooms looked nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thanks so much Aaron for your kind words and taking the time to give us feedback. We take great pride in our work and providing an excellent experience to our guests is job #1. You'll be happy to know we've added very comfortable chairs and tables for the balcony for you to enjoy on your next visit. Hope to see you again very soon!
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed at the suite Orozco and honestly it was great, you have privacy and everything works perfectly, the wifi etc.

Even if the breakfast is included in the rate I think they should have more options like different kinds of break or peanut butter or more fruit, just more options for different people.

The only thing that I would change was that the stairs to the suite are very narrow and they are difficult to climb, specially if you have heavy luggage, it could be dangerous if you are clumsy.

The stairs for the other rooms are safe.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jeff C, Guest Relations Manager at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so much Jose for the feedback. It really helps us to identify areas of improvement and we are constantly looking at ways to do just that. We've recently standardized our breakfast and will be adding daily fresh squeezed orange juice along with a selection of fresh fruit to our current menu. Unfortunately, we can't do much about the interesting staiway to the suite right now but we are always here to assist with carrying luggage or other items upon request. Thanks so much for your business and we hope to see you again soon!
Saludos!
Merida Yucatan Mexico
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at Le Fe during a weekend of art exhibit openings at galleries in the neighborhood and at the Museo de Arte Zopopan this February. All of my friends were staying at the nearby Hotel Demetria. My room was very stylish and comfortable. The service was excellent. The owners were very kind and helpful. My room at the back of the hotel was dark and quiet exactly what I wanted. I thought I would prefer to be downtown but after a weekend of walking around the city I realized that Colonia Americana is the best place to be for cafes, bars and restaurants you can walk to and there are very few of the tourists. I prefered to have the breakfasts at Hotel Demetria but everything else at La Fe was perfect for me.

Room Tip: Light rooms on the front of the hotel that might have some street noise on the weekends. Darker quie...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jeff C, Owner at LA FE Hotel and Arts, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking to time to give us a review and for the kind words. The team at LA FE is always looking for ways to improve the guest experience and your note about the breakfast is duly noted. While we do not have a restaurant for hot breakfast we are trying to offer a very nice and full continental breakfast with coffee, tea, juice, yogurt, granola, cereal, milk, sweet breads/pastries and fruits. Please come again soon!