“Stay away...Cheap”
Review of Hotel Aranzazu ECO

Hotel Aranzazu ECO
Ranked #112 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. The girls behind the front desk are very rude. The hotel is old The bathrooms are disgusting. You need flip flops to showers. The walls are not house proof. The beds are hard. They require a deposit for TV control and long distance calls. Please make sure you ask for a deposit receipt, if not they will not return your deposit...pay the extra money and stay somewhere else. This hotel is used for lodging of the Mexican tourists. the tiny lobby was always full of people coming in and out, tour buses, outside, loud area. The one positive is they have WiFi in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mvictoria72
AranzazuCentro, Gerente at Hotel Aranzazu ECO, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your opinion.

We are in the process of renovation. We already have new beds and are in the process of changing the windows to "windows Anti-noise". We are interested in the welfare of clients.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We arrived by bus into Guadalajara at night and with not speaking Spanish it can be over whelming.The taxi driver recommended the Aranzazu Eco.. It is defiantly a budget hotel.we found it clean.A/C worked. Not fancy but you can't expect much for 50 bucks including breakfast. The staff spoke English and were very accommodating.Good location. Its at el centro of the historical part of town in the middle of the shopping district.Very large presence of Federalies staying there. We would stay there again. It's just ok.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sylPortAlberni

Thank you for your opinion.

We will be very pleased to give us the opportunity to serve again

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2009

No hotel service should promote this place--hell whole! I gasped when I walked out of the elevator onto the 8th floor leading to my room. The room I was given had no air conditioning on a very hot day. The staff agreed to move me and the next 3 rooms I was taken to had not had the beds made from the last guests. Finally, I was in a room that had decent air conditioning, but the roaches and the unidentified flying insects liked the cool air, too! The food at the restaurant--I was desperately hungry to eat there, was awful. I had a carne asada that was like beef jerky! Stay far, far away from this place!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
AranzazuCentro, Gerente at Hotel Aranzazu ECO, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your opinion.
We are in the process of renovation. We already have new beds and "windows Anti-noise". We are interested in the welfare of clients.

Reviewed 28 September 2008

I have been racking my brain for one nice thing to say, and I guess all i can find to say is, the maid folded the TP into a nice fan shape ( however it obviously cut into her time for cleaning the room) from the minute I hit the front door and the bellman turned and walked off as i struggled to carry my bags up the steps, to walking in to reception and being told the wireless access was over $7.00 an hour ( with my own laptop). To the dingy, dirty poorly furnished room with absolutely no ventilation, and the pool which is missing half of the tiles on the bottom I really can't reccomend this place. I am a failry well traveled guy, and this place is down there with the places in the poorer sections of New Delhi. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for your opinion.
the internet... is free!!!

Reviewed 12 April 2008

We arrived and the lobby looked Ok so we decided to stay because it was like $48 the night. The first room they gave us was dirty, full of dust and looked old, it was hot in guadalajara at the time, and the AC didnt work, so we asked for another room, so the next room was ever worse, the AC didnt worked as well and the bathroom was sooo dirty and this room was not cleaned in months because the water in the WC had those little worms Yes! I thought they were hair but when I got closer they were moving! I had to call the cleaning lady to see that for her self because it was too much. Im so sorry I didnt took a picture of this!, one of the beds didnt had pillows and it had crumbles of bread or cookies inside, and of course the AC still didnt worked at all, the bellboy (by the way he was the only friendly person in the hotel staff) confessed that all the people that stayed in the hotel complained about the AC and everything else, So we Ran out ASAP.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Amaliabatista

A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed 29 April 2006

I stayed there for 3 nights in April. The only GREAT things about this hotel are it's location and it's price. I paid $48 per night through Travelocity. I believe the hotel charges more per room, per night if you book through them when you arrive. My room looked just like the photos posted on various websites, (maybe slightly larger than they appear in the photo). I was on the 7th floor and had a view of the pool. I would have loved to have gone swimming in the pool, but due to the mucky, far-from-clear color of the water, I would't even consider cleaning my feet in that pool. NASTY. I don't know if this is an all the time situation or if it was just during my few days there. The water appears clear in photos on certain websites,, and you can actually see the decal on the bottom of the pool....when I was there, I couldn't tell what was on the bottom. The rooms are old, but clean with remote controlled TV, airconditioning, decent sized bathroom with just a small shower....no tub. Some of the outlets worked, some didn't. Staff was always friendly, roomservice was generally quick and the restaurand downstairs has decent food. There is a buffet for breakfast. There is also a salon downstairs. The hotel really does enjoy a good location, it is only about 4 blocks from the cathedral and all the markets. There is a 7-Eleven and banking right aross the street and good restaurants and small shops all right there. If you want a cheap place to stay with a great location and plan to spend most of your time outside of the hotel, then this is a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 18 April 2006

WE just returned from Guadalajara where we enjoyed ourselves, especially the markets. We stayed at this hotel which was very reasonable and right downtown. We had a suite which gave us 2 rooms and a lot of space. We had a problem with the tub not draining but they came and fixed it right away.

• Stayed: April 2006