I booked two low priced internet-rate rooms from a travel site, one for us and one for our friends. One of the rooms was a spectacular suite with two balconies and the other a small stuffy windowless room. It was as if Candid Camera was playing a joke on us filming our faces when we arrived at our rooms. First there was delight with us all waltzing around the grand room and then our sad faces of "what the...???", when we saw room #2.
Of course we wanted another balcony suite but were told by the front desk the hotel none were available. We were shown a room with one window, no balcony, and two single beds (which was occupied). We looked at a couple of more double bed rooms and then we offered to pay extra for an upgraded room. Eventually we found a room that made us happy but it was with a lot of effort from our bell-man Jose who worked directly with the manager by-passing the front desk.
Over-all the hotel was great and the reviews here on Trip Advisor are accurate. We would stay at Hotel Morales again. Next time however, I will book directly and specify a room hoping the front desk will honor my request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms have Colonial Decoration & Architecture, T.V. with Cable and Remote Control, Free High-speed Internet access and/or wifi, Air Conditioning, Safe Box, Wood Floor, Electronic Lock, Coffee Maker with a free courtesy on the first night, Telephone, Wardrobe , Alarm clock, Iron & Ironing Board and Private Bathroom with Hairdryer and Vanity Mirror. We are happy to inform you that we have a CONCIERGE who can help you with just about anything you need: Car rental, restaurant reservations, information about the different tours or places to visit in Guadalajara, etc. His name is Manuel Mejia FACILITIES:guest's Parking, Spa, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Gym, Room Service 24 hrs,Bar with live music Wednesday and Thursday from 19:00 to 22:00 , Panoramic Terrace, Meeting Rooms, Two Elevators, Business Center, Public Telephones, among other services. Historic & Colonial building under protection of I.N.A.H. (National Anthropology & History Board of Mexico). Artistic Heritage and Architectonical Jewel of this city, restored in 2005. Is is located 3 blocks away from Cathedral, Government Palaces and Degollado Theater. Do not forget to visit our web page where you will find everything about the fascinating Hotel Morales our History and our most distinguished guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Morales Historical And Colonial Downtown Core
- Hotel Morales Guadalajara