Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core
  • Free Internet
Hotel Porto Alegre(Guadalajara)
Perla Central Hotel(Guadalajara)
1,879 results
All reviewsimperial suiterooftop poolmodern conveniencesla gordaold world charmwithin walking distancebeautiful buildingthird floorfew blockscentral locationstreet noisehotel restaurantfree internetdefinitely stay here againwonderful hotelbreakfast buffetrooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Morales is very well located, all MUST SEEs are within walking distance. The rooms are nice, clean and quiet. WIFI is free. The Restaurant is good for Breakfast but also for Dinner. Money well spent!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Hotel Morales went above and beyond our expectations. They complimented the beauty and hospitality of the city of Guadalajara. We landed in Guadalajara at 6:00 AM, and they were gracious enough to allow us an early check-in. We booked a Royal Suite with the jetted tub and private balcony. The hotel and room were incredibly clean and quiet, even though the hotel is located in the busy downtown district. Our room was overlooking the busiest cross streets and we did not experience any issues with noise at all. The hotel is located in a very convenient location, walking distance from the historical sites, churches, and restaurants. Room service, the FOOD, and wine were excellent but what made the huge difference was the live music and romantic, colonial style of the hotel. The concierge helped us book amazing tours to local historical and archeological sites (Guachimontones, Hospicio Cabanas with Jose Clemente Orozco murals), including Tequila, lake Chapala, Jocotepec, Ajijic, Tlaquepaque (mmm: Tequila and Mariachi music). The hotel restaurant has great food and service with affordable pricing, and the room service tab for our 4-day stay was incredibly affordable. We enjoyed the outdoor pool on the rooftop overlooking the city. WE MOST DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HOTEL MORALES TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A NICE, CLEAN, AFFORDABLE AND WELL LOCATED HISTORICAL HOTEL WHETHER YOUR TRIP IS FOR BUSINESS OR PLEASURE. WE LOVED IT AND ARE PLANNING OUR NEXT TRIP IN 2014 TO GUADALAJARA FOR A LONGER STAY AT HOTEL MORALES. Mexico is safe and the people are so welcoming of visitors. Surprisingly, it's nothing of what we see or hear of in today's news. THANK YOU TO ALL HOTEL MORALES STAFF FOR MAKING OUR STAY SO MEMORABLE!

Room Tip: The best value is the Royal Suite, it comes with a jetted tub, private balcony, and a large room with antique décor. Don't hesitate to request room service or dine in their restaurant, the food and wine selection .......exquisite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hotel Morales is a clean, well run hotel in the historic heart of Guadalajara. This boutique hotel surpasses expectations in its class. Despite the additional effort we had to put into getting the right rooms, Hotel Morales' Mexican charm, amazing location, and genuinely helpful staff made our trip so much more memorable.

My partner and I were taking my elderly mother - who suffers from Parkinson's Disease - to Guadalajara to fulfill her wish of experiencing a real Mexican city. I was concerned that my mom's physical limitations would make the trip too overwhelming for her, especially without the amenities she has at home. Thankfully, Hotel Morales helped to eliminate my worries.

We made our reservations months in advance and asked for two side-by-side suites with windows to the exterior (for natural light) on an upper floor. Alas, when we arrived, we were led to two smallish, dark rooms, each only with a window to the interior courtyard. Our room had only one full size bed, which the hotel staff identified as a queen size bed. Mexican people are generally very respectful and well-mannered. So, I politely expressed my disappointment to the staff. Since all the other rooms were already taken, the staff promised to move us to better rooms the next day. As promised, on the next day, we were moved to two superb suites, each with two full size beds, plenty of space and large windows overlooking a beautiful historic church.

The hotel staff also helped us secure a wheelchair, which along with the hotel's several elevators made my mother's physical limitations quite manageable. The wait staff at the ground floor restaurant were charming and delightful. The concierge desk set up a driver and a car for our excursion trip to two nearby towns and gave us excellent restaurant recommendations.

My mother really got to experience what we have always loved the most about Mexico: its warm and hospitable people. We thank Hotel Morales for helping to make our trip with my mom so memorable. We recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Don't expect king size beds! "Queen size" means "full size" by American standards. So, if, as a couple, you need more space when you sleep, go ahead and ask for rooms with two beds. If natural light is important to you, make sure to ask for rooms overlooking the street. The double paned windows keep the noise down. However, if you need absolute silence, you may want to ask for a room overlooking one of the interior courtyards and expect darker rooms. Either way, the rooms are very clean and tastefully furnished in an old-fashioned, traditional Mexican style.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have been to hotel Morales before but not since it has been renovated. The hotel is in a great location and it is an easy walk to shops, the market and restaurants. Our room was spacious, clean and there was a walk in shower with plenty of hot water. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. There is wifi in the hotel, but not in all of the rooms. When checking in I asked for the password and the desk clerk found a room that had wifi. The staff are very accommodating and many speak English. The restaurant serves good food and there is a breakfast buffet and the prices are very reasonable. There is a lovely pool on the top floor and a very nice gym. We would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was #231 which is away from the street and the lobby which can be noisy. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I will definitely stay here again if I ever get a chance to back to Guadalajara. The concierge let me us his phone to call the US to talk to my credit card company. He was wonderful with answering questions for me and helping me translation issues. The restaurant and bar staff were very prompt and accomodating. The rooms were clean and stocked daily with amenities.
Loved the roof top pool and the exercise room

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor towards the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends