We so wanted to love this place, TA scores were high, the facade was pretty, the location convenient, the furniture both in the lobby and rooms (we had to move three times in four days) were very pretty, and everyone was very pleasant. We also booked a room a day in advance, as we had a red eye in, and wanted to check in around 7:30 AM, in short, pay for a room we didn't sleep in to check in early, thus, so far so good. That night, around 4:15AM, the air conditioner started wheezing and coughing. Tee shirts, towels over the head, but it was irritating. Then at 6:00 AM the AC sounded like it just exploded, fan broke, something but it was loud and gave out. Called the front desk, and tried to go back to sleep. We had an appointment, and had to leave by 11:00, but we were assured everything would be moved, and our stay would improve. Not so fast, so while I applaud the logic of giving us a JR Suite, it was right on the front street, so again, noise all night, and this AC was gurgling and acting up. The bed was also smaller than our first one. (I am 6'2") So, while I was waiting for the wife to freshen up in the AM, I went into the quieter courtyard, to read and relax. By providence, a manager showed up, as the GM was off on Saturdays. He was kind enough to understand the predicament, and we moved again, this time one floor above our last room. Better sized bed, and more importantly, it seemed quieter. Well, then it the AC was wheezing when I turned it back on from sleep mode by 3:30 AM. Does anyone do any R&M on this property, especially with the AC units? So, again, three rooms in four nights. What point is there annoyance and time loss for packing, and repacking, and moving? Besides all the AC units, we had one room (208) whose sink handles didn't stop, you had to find the sweet spot in the middle to turn them off, and there was no F-Frio for cold and C-Caldo for hot on the shower handles, so be careful when you turn the water on. Our last room, 308 the toilet chain/plastic was broken, so we had to wait until the next morning for that to get fixed. 222 was right on the street, and let me tell you, the street comes alive at 5:15 AM, and goes until about 2:30/3:00 AM as there is a bus route. In summation, nice location, pretty appointments and remodel, nice staff, lousy R&M and tough sleep deprivation. Given that it is in Guadalajara, and not out in the country, and that goes for US, Europe, South America, it was very frustrating, but in fairness they did try and make it right. If this place had better R&M, this would have been an objective super review. Next time we will try the Villa Ganz or Fiesta Americana. We just prefer the historical, laced with decor details and convenience to other styles. But we need to be able to sleep without interruption. I really do hope they try and fix these Repair and Maintenance issues, as this place would be really wonderful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms have Colonial Decoration & Architecture, T.V. with Cable and Remote Control, Free High-speed Internet access and/or wifi, Air Conditioning, Safe Box, Wood Floor, Electronic Lock, Coffee Maker with a free courtesy on the first night, Telephone, Wardrobe , Alarm clock, Iron & Ironing Board and Private Bathroom with Hairdryer and Vanity Mirror. We are happy to inform you that we have a CONCIERGE who can help you with just about anything you need: Car rental, restaurant reservations, information about the different tours or places to visit in Guadalajara, etc. His name is Manuel Mejia FACILITIES:guest's Parking, Spa, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Gym, Room Service 24 hrs,Bar with live music Wednesday and Thursday from 19:00 to 22:00 , Panoramic Terrace, Meeting Rooms, Two Elevators, Business Center, Public Telephones, among other services. Historic & Colonial building under protection of I.N.A.H. (National Anthropology & History Board of Mexico). Artistic Heritage and Architectonical Jewel of this city, restored in 2005. Is is located 3 blocks away from Cathedral, Government Palaces and Degollado Theater. Do not forget to visit our web page where you will find everything about the fascinating Hotel Morales our History and our most distinguished guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Morales Historical And Colonial Downtown Core
- Hotel Morales Guadalajara