“Professional or traveler will enjoy the Dickinsion Guesthouse”

Dickinson Guest House
Ranked #4 of 59 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Chicago,IL
“Professional or traveler will enjoy the Dickinsion Guesthouse”
Reviewed 12 February 2007

The Dickinson Guest House provided ALL of the amenities a business professional requires with the added bonus of a well supplied kitchen to cook a feast (i.e thanksgiving dinner), W/D, and a private "CLEAN" bathroom. I was accompanied by my fiance and we enjoyed romantic dinners and privacy that is often lacking in a busy hotel. Since the moment we arrived we were graciously greeted at 6am. James helped us on various occassions ranging from connecting my laptop for wireless internet, providing directions to tourist sites, suggesting special atttractions that we certainly would have missed, and most importantly seeing to our comfort and enjoyment of GDL. As a medical professional, I travel very often and seldom have, I come across a quiet, clean, comfortable living accomodations as the Dickinson Guest House. James is a kind-hearted, generous, sociable person easy to be around and engage in good conversation. For future travelers, I must highlight that this guest house is close to all venues of transportation and is located in a safe neighborhood. In fact we walked a couple of times at night from the nightclub or simply enjoyed the rose garden nearby. I "HIGHLY" recommend this place (great price for what you get). My fiance and I will certainly return for another romantic escape.

• Liked — personable and gracious hostess, comfortable room, safe neighborhood, business amenities and privacy
  • Disliked — needed more pillows
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank medabi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boston
Reviewed 11 February 2007

If are looking for complete privacy...this is your place! I really enjoyed my stay and will stay there again if I return (availability willing!!). The place is not gargantuan, but definately not tiny either, and VERY comfortable. Everything seemed to be brand new and tastefully decorated; again, I will have to say this added to the comfort level.
Mr. Dickinson gets A++ honorable mention for his accomodations; from the actual room/house, right down to the hospitality he continuously showed throughout my visit. The room and house remained spotless the entire duration (5 days) I was in residence...and let me tell you that I am extremely picky - as I'm quite a bit of a 'neat freak'.
All in all, this was a spectacular value for a minimal cost. I have absolutely no complaints - only praise. I would most certainly recommend tourists or business people take advantage of this wonderful alternative to a hotel...I'm pleased to have found it myself!

• Liked — Value, hospitality, cleanliness, comfort.
  • Disliked — I have no complaints
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank MissesJones