“Vale La Pena...”

Ranked #38 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Portland, OR
“Vale La Pena...”
Reviewed 16 April 2009

I found this place by accident and booked only for one night so that I could move to a more economical choice for the rest of the week. Yea that didn't happen. It's a little expensive for Mexico standards but well worth it.

The owner is an architect and it is well obvious that extreme care was placed in every detail. Besides the hip Mexican vibe that this place exudes, chill electronic music, white decor, mod lounge furniture and great coffee table books you will get great service. I was greeted with a glass of wine and loaned a laptop for the weekend. I barely wanted to leave to see the sites! Writers or anyone wanting to escape and hide out to get work done, this is your place.

One note, you will need to tell your taxi driver that it is in Chapalitas (a barrio of G) There is an incorrect web page out there indicating that the Clarum is inside of Parque Agua Azul and this is NOT CORRECT. It's right on the corner of Parque Juan Diego and looks more like a house but visible is the 101. Once you are buzzed inside it will look more like a hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank kimarago

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
laguna woods,california
Reviewed 17 April 2008

My wife and I stayed at this wonderful boutique hotel on our recent visit to Guadalajara. The hotel only has about six rooms. Each room is decorated in a theme. We found the staff to be extremely gracious and accomodating. We only ate breakfast there as the dining room was being remodeled. If you are traveling to Guadalajara and want a "boutique" hotel experience ,We would recommend this hotel !A plus is the rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business

Mission Viejo CA
Reviewed 1 March 2008

I was real excited to try this new hotel I found on TA due to the great reviews.
Well first of all the hotel is in a residential neighborhood that almost any taxi driver in Guadalajara could not find. Location is in a safe area great for walking around, but most likely you will have to cab or drive to go out to dinner or shop.
When I got to the hotel I was given a room that was a bit on the small side of things. The front desk man soon came by and upgraded me to a suite which was a great room. The afternoon shift front desk guy was an amazing help for restaurants and fun stuff to do.
For the most part it’s a Hip little boutique hotel, I would say great for young people.
The only bad experience I had was when I went down to get breakfast in the morning. There was no breakfast, I even called down to have a hot breakfast made, and there was no chef available to cook some eggs. The guy at the front desk made me a couple pieces of toast and fruit, which I would assume would be a continental Bfast.
Upon checkout I was charged for a plate of fruit (lame).
I have stayed at several hotels in Guadalajara on several business trips and I would most likely not stay at this hotel again if I was traveling solo.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Punkwheet

california
Reviewed 2 October 2007

I stayed at this hip and trendy hotel in my first visit to guadalajara and had an amazing time. Loved the friendly staff, the place, its design and chic style, and the location......Overall I had a lovely time. I strongly recommend it.

• Liked — the style of the place
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank carolka

Regards
Distrito Federal , Mexico.
Reviewed 1 October 2007

I got to this hotel by accident cos´my other hotel was at full capacity so they sent me to Clarum´s . I found at this hotel a very clean and simple design , the staff there its very very friendly . There was some details in the room that are not important yet they are a very nice way to make you feel like home. I had some troubles with the wi-fi connection but the front desk guy was very helpful and got it fixed for me. I spoke with some people and i found that by the time i stayed there the place was almost new so i can only think that with some time and this kind of efforts this hotel its going to be a gem a , discreet , comfortable and trendy hotel that the people that is actually searching for a cool place and not Mexico´s cliche of a country or old hotel style.

• Liked — The decoration.
  • Disliked — That they should have a pool.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple