“A very pleasant stay.”
Review of Casa Vilasanta

Casa Vilasanta
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over the Christmas holiday and had a great stay. We arrived in the city at 7am in the morning and made our way to the hostel to drop our bags off, to be told that we could already check in to our rooms. This was a very pleasant surprise as we were tired after an overnight coach trip. From then on the stay was perfect. Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, powerful shower and kitchen facilities to make our own food if we wished.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonny C

Reviewed 30 December 2012

We had a fantastic time there! The stuff is really very helpfull and friendly, they making your stay easy. Great kitchen, good rooms, fantastic chillout area and a "rooftop" terrasse with even sunbeds... You can wash there, have Wifi and TV's. The rooms are nice and clean! Great place!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Casa Vilasanta is a Cozy Hostal centrally located in the center of Guadalajara and within walking distance to many of the sites the city has to offer.I found that each guest was treated with the utmost respect and courtesy; From the time you check in to the time you check out the staff always greeted you with a warm smile and prompt attention to fix any issues.

Rooms: The rooms were Bright,spacious,basically furnished with a comfortable bed,desk/drawers. Cleaned on a daily basis and sheets were changed every 2 to 3 days. Towels were provided and a lock for valuables if you didnt have a lock of you own. Bathroom with Hot water shower (most of the time). Wifi was available in most rooms for free.
The only con I can think of is that rooms did not have phones ( If thats important to you).

Common Areas: a Big airy Living room with Free amenities such as a Cable TV couches,chairs,tables with plenty of options to sit down and eat, read, write, Free Wifi, 3 computers internet enabled, Kitchen for cooking, Fridge to store food, Use of Laundry machines, Rooftop sun deck.Its great place to hang out with other travelers. The atmosphere was quite pleasant and had a wide variety of guest of all ages/nationalities. Casa Vilasantas seems cater to most types of basic travelers.

The location is quite good with plenty of options to sightsee,dine,buses,taxis,subway and it felt safe at all hours. In my opinion Casa Vilasanta is one of the best budget options in Guadalajara with amazing staff and a Home away from Home feeling.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Casa Vilasanta is a Hostal among the best in Guadalajara.
The place is located within walking distance to most of Guadalajara sights and if you dont feel like walking most bus routes and subway are near by.
The rooms are basic but very well taken care of, Very Clean, Beds are comfortable, Air Conditioned if needed, Wifi,
They also have a huge Kitchen and Living room area where you might cook your meals or simply sit with a friend to mingle. Upstair they have a Nice terrace with beach chairs to sun tan. The Casa Vilasanta staff is very warm and friend.Always willing to help and attentive. The receptionist Lady is amazing nice and a fountain full of knowledge. She was always there to answer any questions and he customer service skills were among the best I have seen in Mexico
Casa Vilasanta is a place I would'nt hesitant in recommending or returning to

Room Tip: If youre a light sleeper dont stay in a room with windows facing the street as lots of noisy traffic...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank YogiJuancarlos
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My partner and I bicycled in to Guadalajara, in to our 10 month on the road to the Casa Vilasanta without reservations. We were greeted warmly and shown the rooms that were available. We were blown away by the cleanliness, charm and beauty of the rooms. Each room is private with a private bathroom and your own door key. Included in our huge ground floor room was four dressers, two of which had the capability of being locked, a huge plus for us (we locked our bike panniers/gear in them but it was really unnecessary as the entire staff and guests are respectful and to be trusted). Granite counter-tops in the bathroom, beautiful tiles floors, stained glass windows and doors, and an insuite a/c-fan unit. The beds are comfortable enough (I like mine a little firmer than ours was) for the price ($450 pesos a night but you get one night free if you pay for a week in advance). We always had hot water (after letting the tap run for awhile) and the room included a couple of lamps and a television.

The rest of the hostel/hotel is beautiful too. The interior courtyard is tastefully and colorfully decorated and includes tables/chairs, couches and corner lounges for whatever mood you're in, as well as a flat-screen TV. Off the main courtyard there is a dining area with filtered water available for anyone and nice silverware and dishes for community use. There is also a room with commercial-sized refrigerators and shelving. When you arrive they label two milk crates with your name, one for the fridge and one for the shelving, for you to put your groceries in. While we were there everyone was very respectful of each other's space and food - nothing was ever taken or moved from our crates. Off that room there is a huge kitchen with stainless steel workcenters and shelving. Toasters, pots, pans, dishes, utensils, detergent sponges and towels, everything you would find in your own kitchen is available for community-use. While we were there, about 50% of the time we would run in to other guests in the kitchen but it never felt crowded and it was nice to have conversations to get to know other folks who were visiting Guadalajara.

The second floor has another outdoor seating area with long hand-made wooden picnic tables and sun-lounge chairs and lots of plants and flowers. It's a nice place to hang out and get some sun or fresh air.

They also had two pc computers on the lower level in a corner for community use but they were running off a wi-fi connection. There is wi-fi in the main seating area. It was very slow and spotty while we were there and we couldn't use it most of the time from our room. The router was located on top of a high lighting fixture on the ground level so it wasn't able to be unplugged/reset to fix the problem. However, one night when we experienced a thunderstorm the electricity went out in the neighborhood and that reset the router. The next few days the internet worked great!

Except for the frustration with the wi-fi we felt this was a great and affordable place to stay. It's in the americano and historic center of Guadalajara so there is a lot to do in the area and you don't need a car (a big bonus in our book). Lovely neighborhood and lots of little cafes and restaurants nearby. Highly recommend for anyone.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the rooms they have available before you choose - they vary in size but are all the s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sheila P
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My partner and I stayed at Casa Villasanta for 2 weeks, and we were not disappointed. Our bed was HUGE, and had plenty of room for activities. It came equipped with one of those eggshell mattress pads, which greatly improved my sleep quality. I have been suffering from bruxism/TMJ for quite some time, and it cleared up in a few days after staying in one of the luxurious rooms in Casa Villasanta.

The pillows they provided ranged from extra soft to somewhat firm, which was what made the stay worth it. I was able to have firm tension for my knee pillow, as well as a soft, hypoallergenic pillow for my face. I came to Mexico to learn about the language and culture, but I ended up in bed for every free hour that I had.

When I did decide to leave my quarters, I found that the hostel was located right in the middle of everything awesome. It's right in the middle of downtown Guadalajara, walking distance from Parque De Revolucion, and Avenida Juarez, as well as the Mercado San Juan De Dios, where all my black market desires were fulfilled. It was like the internet in real life.

All the staff are very friendly, and can give you tons of information about attractions, nightlife, historic areas, etc., all you have to do is ask.

I am recommending that all my friends who come to visit me in Guadalajara stay at Casa Villasanta, they will love it, as I have.

Room Tip: Ask for the biggest bed they have, it's worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jtothadub
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I dont usually write reviews but just had to share my exerience at this hostel/hotel. Coming from the UK to stay in mexico i arranged this Hostel. The price was briliant and i chose to have a shared room. The rooms are very spacious well mine was. and you have everything you need. It is situated near downtown only 5-10minute walk, cose to the metro system and buses. Its nice and quiet at night so no booming music from a nightclub keeping you awake when you want to sleep. I met some brilliant travellers alike. The main area of the hostel is situated right in the middle and it is brightly decorated. Everyone reaxes and socialises, watches tv and eats food in this main area. The kitchen is very big and everyone has there own box in the refridgerator, all you have to do is wash the things you use.The staff have excellent english and are extremely friendly with everything and anything you need. Rooms were kept clean at all times and fumagated regularly to keep any bugs at bay. All in all i think this is a brilliant place to stay and was blown away by how good it actually was and would not hesitate to stay here again. I spent 4 weeks here and it felt like home, safe, comfortable and friendly. 5*

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo