“Great stay”
Review of Casa Vilasanta

Casa Vilasanta
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed at Vilasanta while attending 2 weeks of intensive Spanish school. The place is very clean and the staff is awesome. The industrial kitchen is great. I have a very restricted diet and so it made life much easier for me. You will have your own giant basket to store your food in the large industrial refrigerators and also a basket to store dry food items. The location of Vilasanta is awesome too. Its about a 2 minute walk to the East / West and North / South subway lines plus you can walk to all the Centro attractions in 20 minutes or less. I can't speak for all the beds but i can say that the king size bed in room #2 is really comfortable. The shower is a little iffy with the water going hot and then cool and back and forth but thats my only real complaint and to be honest i have had lots of completely cold showers in Mexico so this was sort of an upgrade. The place really felt like home and like i said the location is excellent. Also the neighborood felt totally safe too. Lots of friendly people.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ivor A

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My home away from home. The staff here is simply amazing, every morning you get to wake up to the most beautiful woman in the world, Chary. Then there is Willy, Paulina and Marta, my extended family. No matter how rough my night was, they were there to cheer me up in every which way. They are some of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure to meet in my entire life. I leave Guadalajara in 5 days and my heart just aches over the fact that I have to leave these lovely people. And if that's not enough to convince you to stay here, I must mention the amazing downtown location, lots of great places to eat, walk to and see. Location is great. The plaza and terrace are marvelous as well, everything is so vibrant and well taken care of. The scenery here is lovely. It's clean, the kitchen is really nice, the beds are comfortable and etc. Some really cool people stay here, its just beautiful. I don't have a single negative remark about Vilasanta....Please stay here and enjoy everything I have enjoyed!

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter what room you stay in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aplatt18
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Casa Vilasanta is the most beautiful and comfortable places I've stayed at. The central common area allows guests to visit and become friends. The entire property is decorated and kept just a beautiful as can be. It is centrally located and a quick walk to downtown shopping and cathedral areas. I'm a white female and felt safe walking all over town by myself during the day. I took the subway and buses by myself as well. Hostel staff are super friendly and always happy to help.

A slightly negative note: some of the rooms sare pretty dark and our bathroom has mold on the ceiling.

An open, fully stocked large kitchen, allows you to cook your own meals. Laundry facilities upstairs.
This would be a fantastic place to live while going to school as many others were doing. A person could easily call this home and I'm sorry we had to leave after only a few days.

Room Tip: They're all beautiful but if noise would bother you, ask for an upstairs room at the far end. O...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Though not the cheapest deal in terms of dormitory bed (among other cities in Mexico), the dormitory bed provides standalone bathroom and room cleaning service everyday. The wifi is also strong. Please note that there is no breakfast provided in the deal.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This review is long overdue, (we stayed in March 2011) but I still remember being impressed. Loved the character of the this place. From outside it's jus door along a white wall, but inside its colorful and warm. We arrived early morning from a red eye flight, and they let us check in right away, to get some sleep for a few hours before meeting our friends. We were only 2 people, reserved one bed, but they gave us a large room with one queen and one twin bed on the first floor right at the entrance, high ceiling and ensuite bathroom. Room and bathroom itself was adequate, but the sitting area outside is what impressed us the most. Our friends had a room upstairs, much smaller but way more modern looking, newer and updated I suppose, opposite of our room, but not complaining, it was just interesting to see two different styles, one old and original to the building, and the other appearing to be newer addition, both nice and adequate, considering we only paid $20 a night for our room. But since our room was located on the first floor near the entrance, im assuming theirs was much more quiet. i slept with earplugs but still heard noises in the AM. Nice area on rooftop. There was also a kitchen and nice dining area, we never used but just walked by to check it out. there was drinking water available in a cooler when we stayed. Overall would definitely stay here again when visiting Our friends in Guadalajara

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

this casa is great, a nie teras on the roof, well organised kithen, big fridges to store your things, wide rooms with TV, aircondition and everything, internet everywhere.
and very friendly and helpful stuff. to walk 10 min froms downtown
this is the perfect place fo visiting guadalajara, a city that is worth to visit.

Room Tip: chose the room upstairs, they are during the day more quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Basel_Number_1
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over the Christmas holiday and had a great stay. We arrived in the city at 7am in the morning and made our way to the hostel to drop our bags off, to be told that we could already check in to our rooms. This was a very pleasant surprise as we were tired after an overnight coach trip. From then on the stay was perfect. Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, powerful shower and kitchen facilities to make our own food if we wished.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends