“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Kloster

Casa Kloster
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guanajuato
Casa Kloster
Ranked #40 of 73 Guanajuato B&B and Inns
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2003

We had a good experience. The host was very pleasant and helpful. We were not looking for a fancy place to stay and this was by no means fancy but as comfortable as it could get for their prices. We shared the bathroom but this was not a problem at all for us, they were clean at all times and the location of the house was just perfect (right behind teatro juarez). I really recommend this place if what you are looking for is to experience something different and to save some money. The beauty of Guanajuato is outdoors anyway, we went back to the house only to sleep and because the place was in the middle of town we had no problem with transportation.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2002

A few years ago, I stayed in Casa Kloster for about a month, while getting settled into the city for a job teaching in a language school. The price at the time was extremely affordable (about $6 US per night), and the downtown location put me within a close shot of the school, as well as my favorite stomping grounds. The rooms and bathrooms (you share) were always quite clean, and a bedside jar of drinking water was refreshed daily.

Probably what was most enjoyable about my stay were my fellow travellers. The hotel is regularly frequented by backpacking travellers from Canada, Australia, all parts of Europe, and other locations. Many of my most enjoyable times were spent sitting around sharing travel and life stories with this group of people, and one fellow I remained in contact with for a few years afterward.

If a person is looking for deluxe resort accomodations, this isn't the hotel (and probably not the city - stick to Cancun), but for those wanting a more than affordable stay and a great time, I would recommend Casa Kloster most highly.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2002

I just returned from two weeks in Mexico, and am very happy to have spent two nights at Casa Kloster in Guanajuato. My girlfriend wanted to try a more "hostel-style" location, after we'd spent several nights trying out a number of different hotels.

Casa Kloster's strongest points are its low cost (90 Pesos per person as of June 27, 2002) and most importantly its very, very traveler-friendly atmosphere. The building (a large old-style center-courtyard home) is run by an entire family, has four private restrooms with hot water available at all times, sixteen visitor rooms, soda pop and beer available in the office between 10am and 11pm, and a vibrant garden located in the center along with a dozen or more caged (and well tended-to) songbirds.

You should know at least enough Spanish to reserve your room -- but if you're a fluent speaker or are actively learning, you'll find the employees at Casa Kloster to be open, friendly, and just as conversational as you wish them to be. And if you are travelling with children, you can expect to be treated as extended family from the moment you arrive.

My only regret is that we weren't able to stay with them longer!

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member