I stayed at the Quinta Las Acacias for a week in November while studying at a nearby language school. This a comfortable hotel with a charming, old-fashioned but very well-maintained decor. My standard room was huge and super-comfortable: it had a large and very welcoming bed, a great chaise for lounging and a small desk. The room was kept spotlessly clean. My room rate included breakfast, which was very good. I was permitted to choose any entree from the menu and also received coffee, juice, fruit and bread. I also was pleased that Wifi access was included in my room rate - and the access worked consistently throughout my visit. (On the other hand, the TV is about 12". I didn't mind, but some people might so I thought I'd mention it.)
The negatives are relatively minor. First, the staff, while pleasant, do not seem very pro-active or solicitous of the guests' needs. This doesn't seem appropriate at such a high-priced hotel. Second, the hotel, while convenient for me, is about a 30 minute walk from the historic town centre, and there aren't a lot of dining options nearby. While it is easy (and cheap) to get a cab into the centre of town, it is harder to get one to go back and so sometimes it would be nice to have more dining options nearby. Third, the sound insulation (vis a vis the street outside and regarding other rooms) is poor. The hotel knows this and leaves earplugs in the room - you'll need them because there are very loud cars and trucks racketing by - and it feels like they're just on the other side of the bed. I also could hear irritating Muzak-type music playing in the dining room while I was in my room. There also was a comfortable lounge located just outside my room on the second floor - and if anyone spent any time in there, it felt like they were having a conversation in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quinta las Acacias, a Mexico Boutique Hotel member, was built in a XIX century French style. Our main assets are the attention that we bring to our service and design. Indeed, we succeeded in joining/mixing the classic European style furniture and antiques with the Mexican handicraft beauty; it creates an elegant and welcoming atmosphere in all the rooms and areas which invite the guests to relax and enjoy an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quinta Las Acacias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Las Acacias Guanajuato
- Quinta Las Acacias Hotel Guanajuato