Casa Estrella de la Valenciana
US$82
TripAdvisor
All reviewsliving roomlovely housejaviercasatowntaxisinks
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Visited the hotel for one night and was very pleased in the stay. Service from all the staff was great, the hotel is beautiful and very well kept. Definitely recommended for any visit to Guanajuato. The included breakfast was great with home made chilaquiles and fresh orange juice and fruit. Overall the whole family was very happy staying at the hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is the best B&B I have ever been in my life. I stayed there 3 nights with my boyfriend, it was perfect: great room, great service and good advices, great breakfast with fresh & delightful products; the view is wonderfull and the swimming pool is delightful. Everything is lovely and comfortable. The B&B is 10 minutes from the city center of Guanajuato by car.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a lovely way to begin our trip to Mexico! Staff were so friendly, knowledgable & helpful. From the Mexican tiles to the juice glasses, every detail at Casa Estrella has been carefully thought out. Breakfasts were creative, delicious and ample. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Our week long stay at Casa Estrella was a treat like no other. The inn itself is a fine example of authentic handcrafted vernacular architecture, with massive stone walls, retaining walls, buttresses and arches, gorgeous stone and tile patios, terraces and balconies, incredible vaulted brick ceilings (bovedas), gorgeous local hand painted tile in the kitchen and baths as well as a beautiful mural in the dining room by local ceramic master Capelo, handcrafted custom cabinetry and furniture built on-site by local craftsman, and custom handcrafted light fixtures and art galore! We truly appreciated the authentic spirit of Casa Estrella. And the owners/ hosts Sharon & Ralph are only making it better & better. During our stay two teams of local stone masons were constructing huge stone retaining walls on the property, walls so thick they will be around for many centuries if not millenia. The newly remodeled vacation rentals and casitas and the stone driveways, retaining walls and buttresses they added are mind built built works that will stand the test of time. The views overlooking Guanajuato and the surrounding mountains from our room/ balcony and the patios and terraces truly made me want to breathe it in. The staff at Casa Estrella made us feel right at home and did a wonderful job of taking care of any of our needs. 1st class all the way. And the food... WOW! Fresh squeezed orange juice every morning, along with coffee, tea, milk... a wide variety of freshly chopped fruit, along with several varieties of yoghurt and cereals... and the main courses were such delicious mexican dishes that just melted in your mouth. I'm not exaggerating. Yoga with David & Kate (a special retreat) overlooking Guanajuato was a great way to start our day and wind down again at the end of the day. And with the pool and jacuzzi, and the new Aurora Spa, Casa Estrella is a first rate luxurious experience. Thank you to everyone at Casa Estrella for making our stay in Guanajuato such a memorable experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I booked Casa Estrella just one day before. Never heard of it before. I was drawn by it's 9.5 qualification and I can tell you, I'll always remember those 2 days there.

The place is just gorgeous, perfect for a romantic getaway, the staff super friendly and I met some really great people.

The view is the best in all Guanajuato. Breakfast at the terrace was just perfect.

I don't want to sound like a cliche, but the whole experience was more like being a guest in a friend's home. Plus I think I really made some good friends there.

Thank you Casa Estrella!!

Room Tip: Any room, just stay there
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business