“Not bad, but nothing special”

El Canastillo de Flores
Ranked #201 of 245 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Tijuana, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not bad, but nothing special”
Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

My brother and me, take a breakfast there, and we ordered Chilaquiles with scramble eggs, and was good, but again, nothing special. If you want real delicious food, could go to "Restaurante El Abue", or "Cerro de las Ranas Restaurant Bar" over "Plazuela San Fernando" (this is REALLY RECOMMENDED).

Guanajuato, Mexico
“In Plaza de la Paz”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Mediocre food with a view. You can do much better.

Houston, Texas
“Horrible Restaurant”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This restaurant is horrible. The service is slow and apathetic. It took close to one hour to get our simple order done. While waiting, we asked the server if there was Wifi to which he replied yes. He said he would get us the password to it. After about 20 minutes and several reminders, he commented that the Wifi was out. Finally, after eating our mediocre meal, we ordered our dessert. We asked the waiter for a description. What he brought out did NOT match the description. We left without leaving a tip. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that credit cards are not accepted.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank George546
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“got rejected for table because I'm black - seriously”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I just tried to go there yesterday. It was OBVIOUSLY open, there were 3 people outside recruiting diners. Nobody sitting outside. So I start to sit down and make contact with the head waiter / manager. He says something complex (my spanish is basic) so I asked him if it wasn't open and he nodded yes. So I said okay - even though it was an obvious lie. I went like 50 feet away where they couldn't see me. Literally two minutes later three white american girls go right up and get seated. I'm black, of course. I went back and gave him a piece of my mind. These guys are scum, avoid them.

• Visited October 2011
Mexico City, Mexico
“avoid this restaurant”
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The worst food I have eaten in Mexico.
The arrachera steak was tough, my wife's chicken was terrible.
Unfortunate, a great location, wasted.
DOES not accept credit cards either.