“Baby swimming pool”

Ranked #11 of 56 Hotels in Guanajuato
Los Angeles, California
“Baby swimming pool”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Their swimming pool looks much smaller than showing on the picture. Only two strokes will reach to the end of pool. No jacuzzi. No pool tower. Too far from the city. Only 1 restaurant near by. Book the hotel in the city for many restaurants and shops in walking distance.

Room Tip: Not for the swimmer
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear Gregorio8282,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret our swimming pool did not live up to your expectations. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback and hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I really expected the same kind ofencellent service I have come to expect from the other Holiday Inns in the area. I was dissapointed. From the elevators not working properly to the rude person asking for the breakfast ticket. I have been staying in other HI in the area, so I have several of these tickets. I got confused and came down to the bakfast bar with the wrong one. She said this ismnot the correct one, so I said I am sorry, I will bring it over as soon as i get my computer down. By the way this happens to me very often and never had a problem in the other two HI. But here I could not get my breakfast if I did not have the correct ticket. I mean, the breakfast is included for everyone!
This is the second time I stay here due to Silao being full. Next time I will stay in Irapuato rather than deal with the staff in this hotel. Or having to wait for several minutes for the elevator because only one works.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Carlos H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Carlos H,

Ferdinand G
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We went to Guanajuato at the last minute and we chose this hotel. We have a great quiet night there. Super clean, comfort with aircon. The service was very professional and fast.. It was easy to get a taxi in the hotel to go down town, as the city is full of tunnels and weird streets to drive yourself. No doubt, we will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Germán F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
we hope your stay was a great experience.

best regards

Germán Flores
laredo, texas
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Here we are again 3 wonderful days. Super service great breakast n free wifi! Will def. be back soon. Clean rooms. Staff is very helpful. 5 min. ride to main city with taxi. Room faced the mountains. Theres an Applebees next door for quick room service.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank cs4
dear guest thank you for your preference and comments, we hope soon in Guanajuato
Rouyn-Noranda, Qc, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I came late at the hotel so I didn't use the pool or other facilities. The room was good. I booked the shuttle for 6am. after waiting a few minutes in the lobby at 6, the person at the desk ask me if I wanted to wait for an airline crew at 6:15. When I said no, they phone a cab. I thought they would pay for it... No, i had to pay. I was not impressed...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear Yvon_Bourgouin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad that you liked your room. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the shuttle service. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
Grand Prairie, TX
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed here the second night we were in Guanajuato as we had to move from Balcon del Cielo due to the intolerable sewage odor there. We rented a car so distance was no problem, besides we visited places out of town (like Monumento a Cristo Rey)
Hotel was up to the standards of any Holiday Inn in the US. Real pleasant stay

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago
Reviewed 16 December 2012

POSTIVES

 Great reception staff – lots of smiles (even under pressure).
 Good room – spacious, wifi fast, flat screen TV, good bathroom, good bed linens
 Plenty of on-site parking
 Good transport into the historic center (buses very frequent [2-3 minutes] by crossing the road at the bridge) – also lots of taxis. I wouldn’t recommend driving – very hard to park.
 Above average breakfast – several hot choices
 In door pools and exercise room.
 Business center with good desks and lots of PCs.
 Close to the intercity bus station (but far enough that you don’t see them).

NEGATIVES

 Breakfast coffee very variable and tea hardly drinkable.

CONCLUSION

A very pleasant stay. I recommend this as a hotel that delivers what guests want – it isn’t in the center but good transport links means that isn’t an issue.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe_33