“YUM.................”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mestizo

Mestizo
Ranked #3 of 235 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“YUM.................”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ate lunch there and couldn't have been happier. The place was empty but the service and food were both exceptional. We couldn't believe how cheap it was for the quality.

Montreal, Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was my girlfriend and I s best meal of our two week Mexico trip. The decor is charming and the food is delicious and creatively presented. The chef came out to ask if we enjoyed the meal, nice touch.

Seattle, Washington
“Mestizo restaurant ..... YUM!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I enjoyed this restaurant. A small place, cozy surroundings with ceramic art displayed. I had the filet mignon with caramelized onions; it was delicious. Carmen had the salmon which was excellent as well. We had tapas as an appetizer and they were very tasty. We both had the house wines and they were very good for the price. The food was very good, the prices reasonable, the service personable, and the decor very pleasant. All in all I'd give it a 8.5 on my personal richter scale.

Ajijic, Mexico
“Best Deal in Town….Great Food/Best Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was our favorite restaurant that we ate in on this trip. The food is fantastic and the prices
are incredibly low. I had a filet mignon 11/2 inches thick with caramelized onions in a reduced balsamic with goat cheese for the equivalent of 9.00 US dollars. Glass of house wine was reasonable and it was a full bodied malbec. My husband had the fish with ginger and almonds…..also delicious. The parmesan corn soup was very good. The service excellent. The restaurant is upstairs and about 1 block and on the same side of the street as the Diego Rivera Museum. You have to look up to see the name. There is a shop upstairs in the front with lovely
ceramic pieces.

• Visited March 2014
“Outstanding - Do not miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We both had their onion soup spiced with a little brandy and it was excellent. I had a beef tenderloin covered with carmelized onions that I do not think that I have had a better one at any restaurant in the world at any price. This outstanding dish was under $10 US. Since we live in Sonora we know the cost of beef and the cost of this piece of meat from the butcher is about $4.50 The entire meal including the wine was excellent.

• Visited March 2014