“The best!”
Review of Centro Bharati - CLOSED

Centro Bharati
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Centro Bharati is located in the heart of Guanajuato, Gto, Mexico, as a platform to bring about a natural and progressive awareness of the self. This beautiful cultural center offers the following services. International Fusion Cuisine. Whole Wheat and Homemade Breads. Clothing and Accessories from India. International Therapists. Clean and Newly Renovated.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I love everything about Bharati: the people, the food, the service, the boutique and the atmosphere. I eat here several times a week after work, and usually order the special of the day. Sometimes I get one of their healthy juices, cookies, or tapioca in the morning. Bharati serves the best vegetarian food in Guanajuato. They also make their own bread and desserts, which are delicious. If you want to eat some healthy, clean, tasty, food in Guanajuato, this is the place to go.

2  Thank Barbarita5

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in GTO visiting our niece. We discovered this amazing oasis of healthy and delicious options from the local fare. Incredibly helpful staff. The healthy juices they sell at the door in the morning were great. We were even treated to a customized to go meal we took to eat on the plane home. Terrific staff. My wife who is very health conscious loved the place and their food.

1  Thank Fittings89
Reviewed 19 March 2014

During a 3 month stay in GTO I visited Bharati on at least 4 occasions. Let me tell you that I was pleased each time. Their spin on the samosa is out of this world...talk about bursting with flavors! The à la carte menu is such a great deal as well. The soups are really fragrant and hearty and the curries will cure what ails you. I wish they delivered food here to Ottawa, Canada but with the price of gas these days I highly doubt it. If you are in GTO or plan on visiting this enchanting city, this is a must...an absolute must. They also sell cratfs amongst other things. The place truly has a serene and peaceful feel to it. You will not be disappointed...

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The servers at this place were so nice that we really wanted to like it. The only positive thing to say about the food is that it is healthy and inexpensive, but it has no relation whatsoever to Indian food. We’ve traveled in India and eaten at Indian restaurants around the world, so we do speak from experience. Go to this restaurant for plain vegetarian food, but not for a taste of India.

Centro B, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centro Bharati, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We're sorry to hear your expectations regarding our cuisine were not met, in all of our publications our menu is defined as Fusion Cuisine, highlighting traditional indian flavours with a Mexican twist.

Since we opened our restaurant in October 2012, we have received many suggestions to lower the intensity of the spices, as the Mexican cuisine & palate is familiar with fiery salsas, but very little to no trace of cumin, fenugreek, tumeric, curry leaves, green mango powder, black salt, etc. Many of our dedicated Mexican and foreign clientel appreciate the underuse of heavy spices, oils and condiments, and its a joy to see such clients return day after day. As our menu changes each day, you might like to look out for the days we feature more authentic indian dishes such as chana chole, palak paneer, and tamarind rice - or ask a waiter for extra masala spice & we would be more than happy to acomodate you.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a relaxed restaurant with good vegetarian food, slightly Indian based but the spices are very subtle. Bread is great, made on the premises and the only brown bread I saw during a month in Guanajuato. I visited twice and had the 'menu especial' both times - soup, salad, rice and a vegetable curry. The desserts looked good but I was too full. Definitely visit this restaurant if you want a good experience.