“Best in Guanajuato”

Ranked #2 of 255 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rustic mediterranean cuisine with Mexican influence in the heart of beautiful Guanajuato, Mexico.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Guanajuato is one of my favorite places in the world, but I've generally been underwhelmed by the food... Los Campos is certainly the exception to that. It is some of the best food I've ever had.. Gourmet, quality, fresh with precise attention to detail.

We are from Los Angeles and frequent top restaurants. Los Campos can hold its own with any of them.

The location is beautiful in a tucked away little square just off the main plaza.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've visited Guanajuato often, and restaurants come and restaurants go. I was so happy to have stumbled upon Los Campos, and thrilled to find out that this restaurant is just getting started by its intrepid partners. They have combined excellent dishes, quiet music and a certain understated confident ambiance and created I arrived in the midst of a downpour before the restaurant was open, but Michael, one of the owners, couldn't bear to send me back out into that deluge. From that simple act of compassion, I sensed the beginning of a great culinary experience. The menu is short and to the point, and the culinary confidence of the partners shone through each one. I enjoyed the Albondigas which possessed a wonderful density and spiciness. The championes were deliciously warm, and the sopa de mariscos was top notch.Everything about this restaurant points toward a prosperous future and I am looking forward to having a long, beautiful relationship with Los Campos for many years to come.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

While at a wedding in Guanajuato we heard about Los Campos. A group of us shared the stuffed tomato. Fresh corn, queso fresco, creama,yum. The sautéed mushrooms had to be sopped up by the home made bread. Barbecued pork tostada followed (my favorite) The pork abondigas also had a sauce that begged to be sopped. Pollo y papas had a citrus, sherry sauce with green olives. Buttery and tender. We ended with the beef and bacon rellanos with mashed potaoes. Mike the owner is gracious and personable , explaining the menu. He apologized for not serving liquor as his license is pending and will come within weeks. The new location on Alameda is charming and well located. Los Campos was definitely the best meal we had on our trip. Heidi Snowden, Sausalito, California

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just off Plaza Baratillo,. Modern with rustic touches, very clean and new looking. Michael (?) is very kind and attentive. Go the soup and sandwich lunch for 50 pesos....great preparation, presentation and simply very good food. Nice for a bit of a departure from the norm in town, wonderful ambiance and great food!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Very nice restaurant very centrally located. The place seems to have recently moved to a new location. Simple and short but nice menu. Good food but in our opinion not quite a great as the trip advisor ranking might suggest.