I went to Guanajuato with a friend for the last Cervantino Festival. As this was spontanious we were glad to get a room. At least we had a bunk bed on our own: in the same room was a double bed, occupied with 3 guys. This was still fine, as the whole beautiful city was crowded because of the event. BUT
- the staff was really unfriendly, no help at all with questions (e.g. how to get to the Museo de las Momias)
- there should have been breakfast (included), but once there was nothing, once only coffee (we asked more than once at what time it's supposed to take place)
- kitchen was very dirty
- there was one room with showers and toilet for around 4 dorms (?) - waiting like 40 minutes to use the loo in the morning
+ nice building, the view from the rooftop terrace is stunning
+ the room was clean and good
+ central location, walking distance to all touristy hotspots
It might be a good choice during low season. I'd reccomend it only if you are in desperate need of a (not too expensive) place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casa del Tio is located just a few steps from El Jardin and Teatro Juarez, in the hearth of the historic center of Guanajuato. Everything is a few minutes away by walking. This hostel is unique for the special attention to their guests. The hostel has a free Internet wireless service so you can use your laptop in the terrace or in the cafeteria. The rates are a bargain! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your La Casa del Tio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.