Camino Real Guanajuato
US$105
Socavon(Guanajuato)
US$46
US$45
Hotel Balcon del Cielo(Guanajuato)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$66
All reviewsroom priceminute walkdowntowntaxicitypesosbellboyarchitecturecasa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of a group tour booking and we were extremely pleased. Although it is a little off the beaten track, it is not far to the city centre which is a short cab ride or bus away. The hotel is very well kept: gardens, nice pool, main restaurant and room. The king bed was really comfortable, room well appointed and very quiet other than some corrider noise when guests were chatting. There is a room safe which was big enough to hold a laptop, which was important to me. The breakfast buffet offered some great local dishes, and was very extensive and tastey. Definitely great value, and the wait staff very attentive. The bar lounge was very quiet and a bit high priced for what you got, but a nice place to meet friends. The front desk staff were very nice and dealt pleasantly with our limited and amusing Spanish. And then there's the city of Guanajuato...fabulous! We would go again in a heartbeat and stay at the Camino Real.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank walkabout55
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Camino Real Guanajuato was a superb hotel overall. It is one of the few hotels in GTO with a pool and exercise room. The service was excellent and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a bit out of the center of town which turned out to be just fine as it is quiet and restful at night. The hotel is clean and the rooms were roomy. The price is on the high end for GTO but by no means the highest nor unreasonable for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ILoveItHot
Reviewed 14 April 2011

As an avid traveler, I am very forgiving of several different types of experiences. Unfortunately in this situation that is not the case...
In November, my husband and I were married in San Miguel de Allende and we were passing through Guanajuato for one night on our way back to Leon. We booked the Camino Real rooms through Expedia as we were driving to Guanajuato from "SMA"- (we booked two rooms as one was for my parents). The rooms came to approximately $451.00 for the one night. When we arrived at the hotel we saw that we could get 2 rooms for $242... I asked if there was any difference with the rooms and reception told me that the rooms were the exact same but for the extra $200 we would each have a robe to use in the room. As we weren't concerned about the robes we asked if we could change our reservation to the lower priced option. The lady at reception mentioned that I would have to do it through Expedia. As Expedia's "out of country" number wan't working I hit the "cancel" button online and also emailed them to let them know that I was changing the reservation. I confirmed with reception that we were ok to do this and that they wouldn't hold up the other 2 rooms for us- they said everything was ok... I even confirmed with them at checkout and they still said that it wasn't a problem!
Unfortunately, when it came time to check my credit card statement, I noticed that Expedia charged me twice for the same rooms! So I ended up paying over $700 for what should have been $242 for 2 mediocre rooms..!! I then dealt with the largest fiasco dealing with the hotel- asking us to speak with Expedia and vice versa... extremely unprofessional and very frustrating.
This was never resolved.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gatanikocat
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Asked for and was promised a pool view. Received a parking lot view room.

Could hear neighboring room go to the bathroom.

Neighboring room door opened (without locks) into our room.

1 hour for reception to coordinate valet parking to bring my car.

Disaster!

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Timfox2000
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Nice hotel on a hill with pleasant interior court surrounded by palm trees and a pool - secluded from noice and traffic. Good site for business meetings, including conferences, as well as tourist looking for 4 star quality. Rooms (some along long balcony) date a bit, but still decent quality and amenities, including large bathroom. Good restaurant.

Walking distance to sites, but bring good pair of shoes. ATM machine near hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business