I was in the hotel a complete week, from Tuesday to Tuesday with my brother. I get it through www.hoteles.com and I get a good price I guess, $7,000 MXN for the entire week. maybe the main issue, is that to go to the center (like the "Teatro Juárez", need to take a walk of approximate 15 to 20 minutes (that depend on ever persons' speed). And the Hotel is in the Hight, I mean, that if you came from the center, you need to walk Up, and is some heavy, we take taxi because we tired, or sometimes we didn't want to walk, and because we been late :P
The service was gentile, they get my luggage to the room.
The room was really nice, with a safe for free on the room and in the lobby (but I only used the safe on the room), the service clean the room every single day, from the beds, to the bathroom, they change the towels too, of course has a mini bar, but I didn't take anything.
The TV isn't a HDTV, is a CTR TV with plain screen (at least on the room that I stay). The channels, well, they have Canal 2 & Canal 5 (Televisa), Canal 7 & Canal 13 (TV Azteca), also Sony, Fox, CNN & Nick (don't remember all, but mainly them, don't have Warner.
It have also hooks for hanging clothes and also have table to iron clothes.
The Internet service is wireless, but they only give you ONE free account, if you want another, you have to pay $50 MXN (Mexican Pesos), and you have to go to the lobby to change them every two days, and beware, because they didn't remember that you pay for the another account, and in my case, almost I have to pay again. I use it to Skype with video chat wit our parents, and the connection was really good (sorry, but I really forget to do it a speed test). For YouTube, sometimes get really, but really slow.
They have a pool and a gym (I didn't use any of both, could, but didn't).
The Hotel have restaurant, but we never eat there.
Also, the same Hotel have the info and the relations with the Company for Tours (Grupo RYO San Cristobal was the tours company that I use), like the tour "Ruta de Independencia" (go to Dolores Hidalgo Cuna de la Independencia Nacional, Atotonilco and San Miguel de Allende), the tour across Guanajuato (Guanajuato's Mommies, Valenciana, Mines, Typical Candies, Jewelry made by hand, the tunnels, and the statue of "El Pipila"). The other tour is the "Cerro del Cubilete" (here go the Cristo Rey statue, and to the a dinner on a local little restaurant, the food is good, but not from another world :P ). And the BEST OF ALL, "Las Callejonadas", THEY'RE THE BEST!!!
For the 4 tours, I pay approximate $1,000 MXN (Mexican Pesos) in total for my brother and me (not $1,000 for each of us, $1,000 for the both).
If you want to get a service to go to the Airport of "El Bajío", the Hotel have the service too, for $500 MXN (Mexican Pesos).
At the last day, we have some little freeze that bought at the OXXO, also a pizza box, and when we go to take it to the trash, the service personnel really fast to take it to trash.
We down to the lobby with the luggage, made the checkout, the girl ask us if we take something from the mini bar, but we didn't, so we tell her that, and that's it, simply. The service personnel but help us to get it to the taxi (to go to the Airport).
In general, I really like the Hotel.
I hope that this review can help you, and good trip :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Real Guanajuato is located in one of Guanajuato's most beautiful haciendas "San Francisco Javier" with beautiful garden and a pool, 155 rooms includes Deluxe rooms, Juniors, Master and a Presidential Suite. La Huerta Restaurant center piece is a 16ht century chapel is open from 06:00 to 23:00 hrs from Monday to Sunday, also we offer 24 hours Room Service. We have meeting rooms and facilities for banquets until 380 persons. Swimming pool and children pool is open from 08 to 20 hrs. Is located at 10 minutes from the main attractions of the city's Historic Center like Alhondiga de Granaditas, Teatro Juarez , Mercado Hidalgo and Museo de las Momias. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Camino Real Guanajuato reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Guanajuato Hotel Guanajuato
- Camino Real Hotel Guanajuato