“Casa Zuniga es perfecto!!!!!!”
Review of Casa Zuniga B&B

and 1 more site!
Casa Zuniga B&B
Ranked #1 of 83 Guanajuato B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I was about to reserve a private home in downtown Guanajuato when I came across the reviews for Casa Zuniga. I was very curious about
this B&B because of the glowing reviews from other travelers. I felt drawn to the place and informed my traveling companions that we HAD to go to Casa Zuniga. I am so glad we did! Everything written about Rick and Carmen is truer than true!
Our time at Casa Zuniga was totally stress free-from the moment we stepped out of the taxi on arrival to our final good byes, I felt like we were under the guidance and protection of some divine power. And we were-the spirits of Rick and Carmen!
The Zunigas are the most incredible couple and we all feel so grateful that we had the chance to meet them and spend time with them in their gorgeous home.
The home is perched on the hillside near the Pipila ,steps from the funicular and a walking path to downtown. The view is breathtaking but still very convenient to all the attractions the city has to offer. The house itself is an engineering wonder-the landscape determined the architecture and Rick and Carmen have a sense of the aesthetic that perfectly balances interior and exterior spaces. There are numerous communal areas and many private spaces to suit whatever mood the traveler may experience. The house is immaculately clean and the bedrooms are huge and comfortable. Breakfast is included and consumed whenever one wants . The food is delicious and abundant and all special diets are considered. Conversation around the table is always stimulating and fun and many new friendships are formed over plans for the day. Rick and Carmen refer to the guests as "company", as friend rather than stranger, and this in itself is a reflection of what kind of hosts they really are.They truly make everyone who enters feel at home. In fact, we were so comfortable after a couple of nights that we went to breakfast in our pjs!
I cannot thank Rick enough for all the time he spent went us. He is so generous with everyone and so kind hearted. His passion for Guanajuato is contagious and we all found ourselves under the spell of this magical place.I believe this is due in part to Rick. He shared his tremendous wealth of knowledge with such enthusiasm and charm we could not help but fall in love with the experience! It was the most stress free but informative visit you could imagine. We are all now in love more than ever with all things Mexican!!!
The only negative about our stay at Casa Zuniga was the walk up to the panoramica where our taxi was waiting. I couldn't believe how hard it was to climb those steps....I had to stop at least twice and catch my breath (and my heart). It was really difficult to leave my new friends and home away from home, Casa Zuniga....

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank jbrauwn

Reviewed 10 November 2009

Guanajuato is such a beautiful and fun place to visit on vacation or in our case a our honeymoon. Rick and Carmen at Casa Zuniga only enhanced our experience. The hospitallity was absolutely amazing. The food was just incredible. The view, let's just say we mapped out each day's walk from the balcony of our room! With the help of Rick ofcourse. It was our home away from home!

1  Thank BigguyRo
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I've heard it said that Guanajuato is the "Crown Jewel" of Mexico and I'm telling you that the Casa Zuniga is Guanajuato's "Crown Jewel". I know,I know....... there's all the beautiful Colonial Architecture, Museums, Climate, Friendly People, etc. and all of these will be greatly enhanced by your stay with the Zunigas, especially if it's your 1st visit to this great city....

BUT I PROMISE YOU THIS, NONE WILL GIVE YOU A FEELIN AS WONDERFUL AS YOUR STAY WITH RICK AND CARMEN.

Rick should have a card and put on it "One of the World's Last Nice Guys"

A truely unique experience and should be on your bucket list.

Do yourself a favor, STAY THERE!

Budinski
New Orleans, LA

2  Thank BudinskiNewOrleans
Reviewed 8 November 2009

As good as it gets. A new, large house in an ideal location, kept spotlessly clean. Guest rooms are large, some with amazing views of Guanajuato. Breakfasts are abundant and delectable. But what makes this bed and breakfast even more unusual are the hosts (owners) Rick and Carmen. Rick not only informs about the rich history of this unspoiled town, but willingly volunteers as the best of all tour guides. This historical, charming, small ( pop. 150,000) university town comes alive under his guidance. Built with the riches coming from silver mines, it was a central point in the war that freed Mexico from Spanish control. This history, and its unique physical location and visual beauty brings throngs of Mexican tourists (still not discovered greatly by foreigners), particularly students to learn about their history. The people have a sweet, gentle quality. They enjoy tourists. The streets are completely safe at all hours. Missing Casa Zuniga and Guanajuato while traveling in Mexico would be a major lost opportunity to see an important part of this fascinating country.

1  Thank DocMontreal
Reviewed 4 November 2009

We spent our honeymoon in beautiful Guanajuato. We loved Casa Zuniga so much that we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. We are in fact already planning our next trip. Rick and Carmen are beautiful human beings. They made our stay so memorable. We really felt as if we were staying with family. Rick is very knowledgeable and will give you the best recommendations for getting around. And the breakfast they prepare every morning is plentiful and delicious!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irazema
Reviewed 2 November 2009

We have stayed at a lot of places in Guanajuato over the years but this was the best all around EVER..The staff is so friendly and knows everything,the food is all they say and it is such a good value.Everything you need for a stay in beautiful Guanajuato.Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BoingPappy
Reviewed 28 October 2009

My husband and I spent 3 days at Casa Zuniga last week. The great reviews that other guests gave are all true. Rick and Carmen's home is incredible. It's not a luxury B&B but is a beautiful home that reflects Rick and Carmen's hard work in getting it built and decorated. We loved being able to walk up and down the path to town or ride the nearby funicular. The walk was great after one of the huge breakfasts served each morning! Rick and Carmen will take care of your every need while at Casa Zuniga - just ask and they will deliver.
We stayed at a luxurious B&B in San Miguel de Allende (which we loved) that cost more than double what we paid at Casa Zuniga; we loved Casa Zuniga even more! I will always stay at Casa Zuniga if I return to Guanajuto. I highly recommend this place!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple