I was about to reserve a private home in downtown Guanajuato when I came across the reviews for Casa Zuniga. I was very curious about
this B&B because of the glowing reviews from other travelers. I felt drawn to the place and informed my traveling companions that we HAD to go to Casa Zuniga. I am so glad we did! Everything written about Rick and Carmen is truer than true!
Our time at Casa Zuniga was totally stress free-from the moment we stepped out of the taxi on arrival to our final good byes, I felt like we were under the guidance and protection of some divine power. And we were-the spirits of Rick and Carmen!
The Zunigas are the most incredible couple and we all feel so grateful that we had the chance to meet them and spend time with them in their gorgeous home.
The home is perched on the hillside near the Pipila ,steps from the funicular and a walking path to downtown. The view is breathtaking but still very convenient to all the attractions the city has to offer. The house itself is an engineering wonder-the landscape determined the architecture and Rick and Carmen have a sense of the aesthetic that perfectly balances interior and exterior spaces. There are numerous communal areas and many private spaces to suit whatever mood the traveler may experience. The house is immaculately clean and the bedrooms are huge and comfortable. Breakfast is included and consumed whenever one wants . The food is delicious and abundant and all special diets are considered. Conversation around the table is always stimulating and fun and many new friendships are formed over plans for the day. Rick and Carmen refer to the guests as "company", as friend rather than stranger, and this in itself is a reflection of what kind of hosts they really are.They truly make everyone who enters feel at home. In fact, we were so comfortable after a couple of nights that we went to breakfast in our pjs!
I cannot thank Rick enough for all the time he spent went us. He is so generous with everyone and so kind hearted. His passion for Guanajuato is contagious and we all found ourselves under the spell of this magical place.I believe this is due in part to Rick. He shared his tremendous wealth of knowledge with such enthusiasm and charm we could not help but fall in love with the experience! It was the most stress free but informative visit you could imagine. We are all now in love more than ever with all things Mexican!!!
The only negative about our stay at Casa Zuniga was the walk up to the panoramica where our taxi was waiting. I couldn't believe how hard it was to climb those steps....I had to stop at least twice and catch my breath (and my heart). It was really difficult to leave my new friends and home away from home, Casa Zuniga....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is our wish to provide our guests the best service possible from first contact to check out. We can only do this working directly with each guest. To that end, we are now independent. To make a reservation, either go to our web site-availability calendar or e-mail us and we can help you pick a bedroom, arrange BJX transportation, send directions, etc. Adults only, LGBT friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Zuniga B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zuniga Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Zuniga Hotel Guanajuato