“The best in Guanajuato!”
Review of El Abue - CLOSED

El Abue
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“The best in Guanajuato!”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Great little place. Not too much seating and the menu does not change, but it does not need to. Best tortilla soup on the planet ( I have spent a lot time in Mexico, grew up in California and now live in Houston and I love soup). I love the chiles en Nogada here and the apple pie is wonderful. They bake their own bread. They have a few wines by the glass. My novio loves the michelades here too. I lived in Guanajuato for a summer and I have come back 4 times to visit for day and this is always where I go for lunch or dinner. The waiters are super cute too ;)

• Visited July 2012

Tijuana, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really, Really Delicious!”
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Restaurante El Abue
I have to start that the restaurant is not easy to find, my brother and me found it almost on the last day. And I was searching it since the second day. The maps are wrong, the local is where s the "Teatro Juarez", go to the front, at the end, go to the left and you gonna see a big fountain, keep right the way, and there it is.

Now the review, we only could take a breakfast on the last day, the day that we return to our city.
We ordered "Huevos revueltos con Jamón", "Huevos revueltos con Champiñones", "Chilaquiles Rojos" and Chilaquiles Verdes", and we both drink Chocolate, and I must said, that ALL was really DELICIUS!
The prices, was normal (I don't remember each of it, but in total of that, I paid $170 MXN).

I have to say that this, and other restaurant that is name "El Cerro de las Ranas" in "Plazuela de San Fernando", that is where we eat various days, and I have to say, that also is really DELICIUS! (Super Recommended too).
I hope this review can help you :)

Leon, Mexico
“Our favorite little restaurant in Guanajuato”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I've been to Guanajuato more times than I can count, and this is our favorite little restaurant in town. The food is extremely good, and I enjoy the unique touch the put on some typical Mexican fare. It has the flavor of genuine Mexican home cooking.

Visited May 2012
Indianapolis
“Decent, but unpredictable”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have eaten here three times over the last two years. Loved it the first time, disgusted the second. the third time was not the cliched 'charm'. It was average at best. The famed enchiladas are just OK, you can find better. I had high hopes for this locale and I do hope they improve

Visited April 2012
Guanajuato, Mexico
“Pleasant”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Good location and attentive wait staff but food can be inconsistent