“Good pizza, pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Chao Bella - CLOSED

Chao Bella
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ubicado En Una Hermosa Casa Historica Del Centro De Guanajuato, El Chao Bella Cuenta Con 3 Salones Que Pueden Ser Usados Como Privados Para Reuniones De Todo Tipo, Una Area Para Niños Y Una Terraza Al Aire Libre. Desde Sus Balcones Podran Apreciar La Bonita Vista De La Calle Juarez, Calle Principal Del Centro Historico. Chao Bella Es El Lugar Perfecto Para Disfrutar Una Rica Pizza Fina, Una Exquisita Pasta O Ensalada Acompañada Por Una Copa De Vino Tinto Y Un Simpatico Ambiente. 14 Años De Calidad Y Buen Servicio Nos Respaldan.
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We enjoyed having a pizza at Chao Bella on a night we were tired and not very hungry. It's a good choice for an easy meal -- the pizza, which comes in one size, was relatively small, but exactly what we needed. The beer was cold. The atmosphere was OK, a nice room with televisions going everywhere and very bright overhead lights. Not romantic, but a good place to stop with a large family. It wasn't crowded. The service was attentive, and the waiters were both fluent in English. The price was reasonable. If we were staying longer, we'd probably stop in there again. (You can get a table close to a window for a view of the street... however it was chilly the night we were there, so we weren't tempted to do that.)

Reviewed 31 January 2013

We visited this restaurant in January, 2013. The food was exceptional and the service was superb. We had escargot, pizza and a great ceasar salad. The waiter was very attentive and the chef visited the table to check on our food. The owner was often present and very personable. It was an overall wonderful experience.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

The food and wait staff were excellent. I appreciate the fountain of information provided our waiter about the Guanajuato area. This was great for my wife and I, as this was our first night in Guanajuato. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I loved this restaurant when it first arrived in Guanajuato, when the owner/chef and his wife were making most of the food. My last visit was during October 2012 and I was disappointed. It wasn't busy, but the server was so slow. He brought us the wrong salad, but we ate it anyway because we were tired of waiting and very hungry. The vegetarian lasagna was too heavy, and too salty. The atmosphere is pleasant, but for the price, I'd expect better cuisine.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

... I had spaghetti carbonara, and it was above average. Had a latte for dessert, and it was OK, too. I agree with the comments of others here about the staff; they are helpful and friendly.