Viva la Mexico. I have some time now so I decided to write.
I landed in Mexico City just yesterday afternoon and it's been smooth sailing so far. I am here for a conference and I immediately saw the hosts waiting on its guests at the airport; one quickly assisted me in obtaining transport to my hotel.
The ride from the airport isn't that long - but the TRAFFIC!!!. Believe it all - the traffic delayed my arrival time from 20 mins to about 45 mins. No biggie though - the taxicab was clean, smelled good and AC was working!
Upon arrival at the hotel, you can tell that it is a little above the rest that you drive past - beautifully designed entrance and for those who may be in a wheelchair or have strollers or walkers, there is a side-walk lift to carry you to the entrance level. Upon arrival, the bell hop quickly grabbed my luggage and whisked it away to the front desk before then whisking it off to the room I was to stay in, while I remained at the front desk to finish up my checking in.
There are only 36 rooms, sorry - suites here so dont expect to see too many guests or staff - PERFECT! Especially for a business traveler who may want some peace and quiet on his/her trip.
My first room smelled like smoke and once I reported it, they immediately switched it out, no problems! There is a ton of closet space, ample hangers, mini fridge, LCD TV, DVD Player - it is your home away from home. The bathroom is fully stocked - toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving kit, sewing kit, and the usual gamut of shampoo, conditioner, body gel and lotion. Water - hot and pressure always strong.
There is also a small gym on the top floor - with enough equipment to keep you toned while you're here. Treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, leg curl, adjustable bench, decline bunch and weights ranging from 5 lbs - 25 lbs.
The ceiling height may be a little lower than what you're used to - but that may only be a problem if you are over 7' tall!
There is a mall about 10 minutes walk away from the hotel and there you can find GNC, ALDO, the bank, a decent food court with american fast food standards as well as some Mexican chains.
I saved the best for last - the breakfast! Now, Mexicans sure love their food - and guess what - so do I. Breakfast is a wide array - spanning the usual cereal, fruit and yogurt and going to salmon, ham, eggs, refried beans, chicken tenders....the list goes on. It was great.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Mexico City as when I return, this will be my first pick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eurostars Suites Reforma is an ambitious hotel for ambitious people, who do not resign themselves to having any room in any place. We serve people who seek the best for themselves and for their companions and families. The Eurostars Suites Reforma is an exclusive hotel located in the most exclusive area of Mexico City, in the heart of the Paseo de la Reforma and endowed with the greatest luxuries that a hotel of our category can provide: spacious suites, king-size beds, luxurious bathrooms, a fitness centre, business corner and all the appropriate technological appliances. Opened in 2008, the hotel offers a youthful, modern, minimalist, pleasant, cosmopolitan ambiance. Thanks to our glass-encased facade, natural daylight penetrates every corner of our establishment. The design, with loft-type ambiances, contributes towards making the light flow through the hotel. The suites are supplied with all kinds of exclusive features, such as tea-and-coffee machines, DVD players, high-speed Wi-Fi connections, ironing kit, etc. Paseo de la Reforma is the financial and business heart of the country and, surrounding the hotel are the corporate headquarters of the country's main banks and companies, in addition to art galleries, antique shops, fashion boutiques and the best restaurants and night spots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Eurostars, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Suites Reforma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Suites Reforma Hotel Mexico City
- Eurostars Hotel Mexico City
- Eurostars Hotel Reforma
- Eurostars Suites Reforma Mexico City