after checking the photos and reviews booked this hotel via booking.com three months ahead of arrival. Upon arrival there after 12 hours transatlantic flight at around midnight and striving to get finally to bed - was told by the receptionist that there is a problem with the room and it is not available!! Having asked - what sort of problem - was told the bath of the room is aparently overflowed and the floor is flooded so they cannot let me into the room - request to have a look at the room denied.
Instead they offered a taxi that would bring me to their other property Eurostars Suites Zona Rosa (claimed 5*) and if I will not like that hotel a perhaps the next day the room originally booked may become available. Having no other choice since it was 1am by the time accepted this. Well, this alternative accomodation was a 3 star some twenty years ago perhaps, but today it is a run-down backpackers hole with broken plumbing, room was stinking of smoke. The receptionist demanded on the spot payment for one night before handing over the key, otherwise I would have to leave the premises, the rate charged was 10 USD higher than the rate of the original reservation.
The next day after an hour of arguing at the reception of the Reforma was given a room there that I oroginally booked. It was indeed a fairly comfortable and corresponded to the photos, but after having had an ordeal the day before, the whole impression was spoiled. Apart from that must say that the airconditioning sounds like a departing B747, so if you want to watch TV and hear something or make phone call you have to switch the aircon off. The breakfast was included in the rate but was useless - stale budget ham and one sort of cheese, thats it - so afer two days gave up upon it.
Lodged a complaint to the booking.com since it was their reservation that was not honored and they intervened (after four days) - the hotel director called and offered one night free (it was a stay of total 8 nights)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eurostars Suites Reforma is an ambitious hotel for ambitious people, who do not resign themselves to having any room in any place. We serve people who seek the best for themselves and for their companions and families. The Eurostars Suites Reforma is an exclusive hotel located in the most exclusive area of Mexico City, in the heart of the Paseo de la Reforma and endowed with the greatest luxuries that a hotel of our category can provide: spacious suites, king-size beds, luxurious bathrooms, a fitness centre, business corner and all the appropriate technological appliances. Opened in 2008, the hotel offers a youthful, modern, minimalist, pleasant, cosmopolitan ambiance. Thanks to our glass-encased facade, natural daylight penetrates every corner of our establishment. The design, with loft-type ambiances, contributes towards making the light flow through the hotel. The suites are supplied with all kinds of exclusive features, such as tea-and-coffee machines, DVD players, high-speed Wi-Fi connections, ironing kit, etc. Paseo de la Reforma is the financial and business heart of the country and, surrounding the hotel are the corporate headquarters of the country's main banks and companies, in addition to art galleries, antique shops, fashion boutiques and the best restaurants and night spots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Eurostars, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Eurostars Suites Reforma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Suites Reforma Hotel Mexico City
- Eurostars Hotel Mexico City
- Eurostars Hotel Reforma
- Eurostars Suites Reforma Mexico City