“Clean, stylish small hotel”

Eurostars Suites Reforma
Ranked #109 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Houston, Texas
“Clean, stylish small hotel”
Reviewed 30 November 2010

This was my second stay at the Eurostars Reforma this year. It is a small property, only about 36 rooms, so the staff will give you personal attention. The room decor is european modern, and the place was kept very clean. Large walk in showers with plenty of hot water, and loads of closet space. The 32" LCD television is nice, and bigger than most Mexico City hotels offer. My only complaint is that housekeeping starts their day late, so my room was often not cleaned until after 5pm.
Overall, a nice quiet place to stay close to Reforma, but without the bar noise of staying in the Zona Rosa.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grnwayrob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Berlin
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I stayed here for three nights after the overseas flight, the fresh design and good quality of the bed made me relax and feel at home. My room was on a higher floor with a fantastic view over the city and of the mountains. Very calm.
Location is top, walking distance to Zona Rosa with its night clubs, bars and restaurants.
I stayed in a more exclusive hotel in the city afterwards which had a far lower performance, so the value for money is very good in the Eurostars Reforma, if not cheap.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 9 August 2010

after checking the photos and reviews booked this hotel via booking.com three months ahead of arrival. Upon arrival there after 12 hours transatlantic flight at around midnight and striving to get finally to bed - was told by the receptionist that there is a problem with the room and it is not available!! Having asked - what sort of problem - was told the bath of the room is aparently overflowed and the floor is flooded so they cannot let me into the room - request to have a look at the room denied.
Instead they offered a taxi that would bring me to their other property Eurostars Suites Zona Rosa (claimed 5*) and if I will not like that hotel a perhaps the next day the room originally booked may become available. Having no other choice since it was 1am by the time accepted this. Well, this alternative accomodation was a 3 star some twenty years ago perhaps, but today it is a run-down backpackers hole with broken plumbing, room was stinking of smoke. The receptionist demanded on the spot payment for one night before handing over the key, otherwise I would have to leave the premises, the rate charged was 10 USD higher than the rate of the original reservation.

The next day after an hour of arguing at the reception of the Reforma was given a room there that I oroginally booked. It was indeed a fairly comfortable and corresponded to the photos, but after having had an ordeal the day before, the whole impression was spoiled. Apart from that must say that the airconditioning sounds like a departing B747, so if you want to watch TV and hear something or make phone call you have to switch the aircon off. The breakfast was included in the rate but was useless - stale budget ham and one sort of cheese, thats it - so afer two days gave up upon it.
Lodged a complaint to the booking.com since it was their reservation that was not honored and they intervened (after four days) - the hotel director called and offered one night free (it was a stay of total 8 nights)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Guadalajara,Mexico
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We stayed 5 nights last week, on a visit to the world's largest city.The hotel was fully non-smoking and in a wonderful quiet location, but near to the Zona Rosa and Chapultepec park.
The hotel serves a very good and full complementary breakfast,is very clean and away from the noise of Reforma.
While using taxis on the street is not usually recommended,because we live in Mexico, we just walked to Reforma some 50 meters away and caught taxis.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
New England USA
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We had a terrible experience in this hotel. We booked the hotel for a week and after the first night we had to move out because of the terrible attitude of the staff and service. First when we arrived we asked the desk to show us a couple of rooms to choose one, since they had a lot of empty rooms. The bell boy "Fernando" was rude, he had a bad attitude and he did not appreciate being disturbed to show us rooms. At one point he barked at us because the elevator was waiting and we didn't run soon enough to catch it after we finished looking at the rooms. Then at night when we got back we needed some water, they don't provide drinking water so I was told by the accountant Carlos that was covering at the reception that I should buy the water from the mini bar. When I opened the mini bar a bounch of bottles flew out of the mini bar and one small bottle of wine broke....So now we have broken glass and wine all over the floor. I call the desk to explain what had just happened so this man Carlos said you have to pay for it, you pay for accidents too!! It took them an hour to come up with a mop to clean the wine and broken glass was left all over 'till next morning... The next morning we go down at 10:00 AM for breakfast. Breakfast is from 7-11 AM. Breakfast was almost finished by then. They had some processed orange juice left. (Processed orange juice in Mexico?, come on?) And lots of boxed cereals.The staff in the restaurant were interns from a local culinary school and they were so nervous they would just hide in the kitchen and wouldn't come out...we were the only guests in the restaurant at this time. We ended just getting up and went out for breakfast in Sanborns. I am fluent in Spanish that's how I found out.
We did complained to Jorge at the desk and he was full of smiles but didn't address our problems. We told him we were going to check out before 12 and we refused to pay for the broken bottle of wine. He smiled and did not charged us for the wine. He looked embarrassed. We had to pack all our stuff and came down we our suitcases. Fernando the rude bellboy with an attitude was sent upstairs to check the mini bar and the room, as we were checking out. A few hours later when we were at the new hotel I relized that I had left my BlackBerry charger plugged at the wall in the room. We called them and explained and had to go back to the hotel but they denied I left it in there. I looked in all my luggage again for the 3rd time to give them the benefit of the doubt and couldn't find it. I called them again and told them that I had charged my phone that morning and had forgotten to unplug the charger. They kept saying that it wasn't there...so I had to buy another charger 3 times the price I would have paid in the US, 'cause they stole it. I will never go back there....the hotel's minimalistic, modern look it's just a bite to get guests and provide them with horrible service and rude attitude.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, and overall it was a very nice experience. It is located just a half block off Reforma, and across from the Zona Rosa. I found the location very nice and quiet. The place was exceptionally quiet at night. There are only 4 rooms per floor. The room was very spacious, esp. for the price, and everything worked well. The bed was firm, but not the rock slabs I've had at some other hotels in Mexico. Lots of closet space, and a nice glass shower with plenty of hot water. Issues were the breakfast buffet, which one day had plenty of offerings, and the last two it was hard to even get a clean plate or glass. Also, there is only one computer in the lobby "business center", so it was occupied much of the time. A second computer would alleviate this problem.
The hotel's restaurant is breakfast only, but there are plenty of options in the surrounding blocks. I found an excellant Italian/Pizza place 2 blocks over on Rio Niza owned by a Frenchman called Mezzo Mezzo that was awesome. There are also restaurants in the Centro Reforma 222 shopping center across Reforma Blvd., including PF Changs and a Suntory Sushi place.
This is a nice place to stay if you want a clean, quiet small hotel in a safe,central location.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Grnwayrob
Norway
Reviewed 10 November 2009

nice, minimal. Good value.
breakfast could have more choices. Internet is a bit unstable, but OK for most of the time I was there.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business