“Don't Stay Here! Owner is a scammer and stole my money!”

Hostel Condesa Chapultepec
and 1 more site!
Hostel Condesa Chapultepec
“Don't Stay Here! Owner is a scammer and stole my money!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Please people do not stay or trust staying here. I always stay in HI hostels whilst traveling and they have always been amazing. However on this ocasion it was terrible. The owner even though it states hosteling international would not give me my discount because he said my membership is not valid when it's been only active for a few months. When paying for my own and my buddies accomadation he would never have change and we would always have to going looking for the owner for our change. Towards the end of my stay I was owed quite a substantial amount of change and he never gave it back with my so called member discount. He is a sliemy piece of work this guy guys and you should not stay here. I even worried about my belongings. As for the rooms. They are triple bunk beds with the worst ladders and no real charging facility's. there is 1 bathroom under a stair case. It's a shower and toilet crammed into a 1m2 space. U can't stand up and there is nowhere to leave ur towel or cloths and the water from the shower floods the floor. Do yourself a favour guys and stay at Mexico City hostel I heard there far better and wont rip you off.
Enjoy Mexico City it's wonderful just not this hostel! Peace

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mitch R

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hostel is in a nice area in Mexico City lots of nice restaurants close by 2 blocks from the metro rooms have triple bunks bathroom is basic cant understand why people say this place is horrible its a hostel seriously the owner is a really lovely guy helpful and friendly they have bikes for rent there is a kitchen washing machine and common area it's true he's not always there but the number connects to his personal phone and he can help you

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed twice in this hostel and enjoyed it both times. Great location with a friendly knowledgeable manager. The dorms are high ceilinged with large, comfortable bunks and big lockers. Bathrooms are a great use of space with plenty of hot water. My only complaint was that breakfast finishes too early, if it had finished at 11 I would have made it at least once.The kitchen is a little antique but the señoras across the street make the best tacos in town and Burguesa down the street does fantastic cocktails.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The manager is rude, the place is horrible, please dont stay.here mates!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank zonana123

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I spent a couple of days at this hostel, since the arrival the staff was nice and helpfull, I choosed a dorm bed and I got surprise by the comfortable bed, a lot of space, electrical pluggin on my bed and a huge locker for my bag; on reception gave me a free map and told me about all the things to do around, on the morning included breakfast (basic but fair), and free internet all day every day!!!!!. I had nice time douring days waching museums arround, and on my way back I found great atmosphere to chill out, before going out for party; on my 3rd. day they fix everything for my tour to the local ruins and each time back on the hostel I had a great night of quiet sleep. this place is great value for the money and the location is amazing.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Lienka33
San Francisco
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I had the mis-fortune of staying in this hostel. The reason I chose this hostel is due to its
excellent location. But the hostel is really badly managed and taken care of. The shower in the bathrooms do not function reliably.

Also, the manager who manages this property can be very rude with the guests. I stayed there for a week and one night, I paid him for that night's stay. The next morning, he accused me of not paying him for last night and demanded me money saying that "He does not want any argument". I literally had to replay the last night's incident reminding him exactly when and where I paid for last night.

I would avoid this hostel if you want a safe and happy stay in Mexico city. There is another nice hostel in the condesa-roma neighborhood if you prefer to stay in this neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank sunil137
UK
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This place is really very basic - toilet cubicles have shower curtains rather than doors, the common room has a couple of old computers and a few chairs, the rooms have 3 bed bunks - I was glad there weren't any people in the 2 bunks above me! It's not clean, but not filthy. When I stayed there it was practically empty, so it was okay, but I'm sure with more people this place could become pretty bad. The guy who runs the hohstel is friendly and helpful - but as the last reviewer pointed out, he isn't always around. Stay at one of the hostels on the Zocalo - much better.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo