“Great place to stay in a wonderful neighborhood!”
Review of Condesa Haus

Condesa Haus
Ranked #8 of 151 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Great place to stay in a wonderful neighborhood!”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My boyfriend and I spent two nights at Condesa Haus, and we fell in love with Condesa and the location of this great hotel! Condesa is a wonderful neighborhood- it was lovely to spend our evenings strolling Condesa's streets and popping in and out of the neighborhood's bars and restaurants. Condesa Haus is in a great location and the rooms/apartments are cute, well maintained and stylishly furnished. Our only disappointment was that our in-apartment washing machine was broken- however Fernando was incredibly helpful and accomodating in helping us to send our laundry out to the staff. Overall, we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 January 2012

What can I say... What an AMAZING place! I was very lucky to find Condesa Haus. Our hosts were lovely, helpful, kind and very friendly. The accommodation was perfect. And the location completely amazing (there's even a great yoga studio right next door). It's the groovy part of Mexico City, full of cool bars and eateries and Condessa House is within a short walk of all of them. I really enjoyed my stay there and hope to do it again soon!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I was traveling with a group of six around the holidays, and unfortunately making plans less than a month before we were able to arrive. Thankfully, I picked up the phone and called Fernando!

Though all of the rooms at Condesa Haus were booked, Fernando was able to rent us a nearby apartment, just a couple blocks away, which was perfect for our group. It was a lovely apartment (3 bedrooms each with its own balcony and bathroom), located in a great spot and above a delicious Argentinian restaurant. It had everything we needed and at a very fair price. Plus, Fernando was very helpful in suggesting things to do in the neighborhood and beyond.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stay at Condesa Haus for one week at the Tepito room. What a remarkable place. The care that Fernando put for our needs was amazing.
He helped us with dinner reservations, tour bookings and my wife´s special shopping needs. Very comfortable king size bed and great shower.
We will definitely stay there again for our next trip to Mexico City...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My boyfriend and I had an amazing time in Condesa Haus. From the first minute we arrived we were greeted so warmly. Rocio and Fernando helped us a lot with tips of what to do in the city. When we were having difficulty booking our flights online for other destinations in Mexico they both helped us for a full two hours, making phone calls for us, emailing back and forth etc. They are both very genuine and kind people who want to make your Mexico city adventure as memorable as possible. Fernando even took us out with his friends one night. We went to an art exhibition followed by drinks at a few cool bars. That was a great way to experience the nightlife of Condesa. They also helped us organize trips to the pyramids and the church of guadalupe. The thing that blew me away was when Fernando himself brought us to the airport after we had been traveling all over Mexico and stopping over for a day in Mexico City. Suffice it to say the service was excellent. The rooms are very comfortable. They are individually decorated and have unique art pieces on display. I loved the room with the huge bathroom and mosaic tiles all over. The breakfast is always prepared fresh in the morning and is usually a mexican speciality. Condesa Haus is definitely the perfect place to stay if you're looking for an amazing and memorable time in Mexico City's coolest and trendiest area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gmiloda
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I come to Mexico City often for business and the duration of my stays have been getting longer and longer. I have searched for more apartment-style housing in Condesa but it is difficult to find a place that will let you rent of one month.

I was extremely lucky to discover the "penthouse suite" at Condesa Haus. The penthouse suite is a full-fledged apartment secluded away at the tippy top of the Condesa Haus building and i was able to rent at a great price for one month. Ferdando and Rocio went the "extra mile" for me in numerous ways - they felt like family and I always felt comfortable to give them a call anytime.

I was concerned that Condesa Haus, being located in the "heart of condesa," would be loud at night (I like quiet). But I was delighted to discover that it was usually completely traquil during the day and night. When there was noise outside, it was distant and didn't bother me. I never had trouble sleeping. As such, the location is perfect since you are in walking distant to the Condesa action, but when you get home you have an oasis of calm.

The penthouse suite is located a top two flights of fairly serious sets of stairs. This didn't bother me and I welcomed the exercise. I also had almost exclusive access to the deck which was great when I had a friend or two over for "happy hour." However, if you have a disability or are plain lazy and require an elevator, the penthouse suite might not be for you.

So let me conclude by simply saying this place was great and extend a big thanks and abrazo to Fernando and Rocio for being great hosts! I know I will be back soon...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Portland, OR
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We booked the "Funky Suite" apartment a few months in advance of a long planned vacation with friends. Just a few weeks before the vacation, we received an email from Condesa Haus, claiming that they had to cancel our reservation because they'd lost their lease on the "Funky Suite" and could no longer offer it for rent. As 5 people had already purchased airline tickets and made time-off plans, we scrambled and were fortunate to find another place to stay.

Yet, Condesa Haus still advertises the "Funky Suite" as available to rent, even today. So, it is apparent the story of the "lost lease" was a lie told to cancel a credit-card guaranteed reservation.

Do not trust Condesa Haus to honor your reservation. We got lucky and found another (more expensive, due to short notice) place to stay.

Do you want to trust your vacation to luck?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
CondesaHaus, Manager at Condesa Haus, responded to this review, 30 December 2011
Hi Leo,

Once again, we are very sorry or the situation regarding your stay at the Funky Suite. As I explained to you a month before your arrival date, we had a lease situation, and quote myself:

"This Suite is an off property we subleased, the owner let us know that the apartment was sold and unfortunately the new owner will not honor the previous lease agreement. We have been working with our lawyer in order to maintain our lease agreement this year. Is very difficult at this moment to see where will be standing with this apartment at the end of this month."

Due this situation, it was impossible for us at that time to commited the stay for you, it would be much worst if you will arrive and have no place to stay because the lease conflict, so, we had to make a decision, a sad and dificult one for all of us, and cancel your reservation.

Fortunately, for us at least, at the begining of December everything was solved, in the best possible way, and the new owner honor the previous lease agreement, so we recovered the Funky Suite for two more years.

As I mentioned to you, it was a situation out of our control, and we were truly sorry to cause all the inconveniences we did.

We still hope, that someday, you will give us the opportunity of staying with us and provide the service that has always characterized at Condesa Haus.

Best regards