“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #6 of 148 Mexico City B&B and Inns
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a great place to make your base while exploring the city. Fernando and Alejandro are very welcoming and easy going. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Good sheets and pillows and the shower is perfect for two.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FloydWilliams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I have stayed at Condesa Haus on my last two trips to Mexico City, and each time was a wonderful experience. The room was cozy, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is so, so delicious. Plus, it's in an amazing neighbourhood, with lots to eat and drink. I would recommend Condesa Haus to anyone who's looking for a place to stay in Mexico City. I can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SarahTToronto
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The Campeche Haus is beutiful, the rooms are simple, the bathroom is clean. The service is great. The rooms (or ours) was located adjacent to a huge extractor from the kitchen downstairs! The noise kept all day and most of the night! No elevator.

• Stayed February 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We visited Mexico City for seven days and stayed at the Condesa Haus for the second part of our trip. I wish we had stayed there the whole time. What a wonderful place. Beautiful old home in the heart of the trendy and safe Condesa neighborhood. We stayed in the Puebla room, an absolutely gorgeous room with a huge bathroom fitted with original puebla tile and a huge tub with a stained glass window. All of the staff was really friendly but gave you your space at the same time. They knew where everything was and gave us tips on how to get to our spots, easiest routes on the subway, when to take a taxi, etc. The rooftop deck was really cool as well as the patio outside of the dining room. Having breakfast every morning was really nice. Simple breakfasts yet nourishing. Really loved it there and would stay there again on my next trip to Mexico City. I'm giving five stars but my only complaint was the bed was not comfortable for me. Other than that everything was perfect! A wonderful place to call home at the end of busy days exploring the city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dianne V
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Before booking my stay, I read all the reviews and checked the websites of a several B&B’s in Mexico City. Since I was planning to stay a week and I was traveling alone, I wanted to make my decision carefully. This was not my first time in Mexico City and I had a specific idea of what I wanted. I chose Condesa Haus for several reasons – I liked the location, the website was informative and Victor, the online reservations person, was helpful and responded quickly to my questions. I arrived quite late on a Monday night and was greeted by Alejandro. He made me feel at home immediately and he was a go-to person all week long. The building itself is old and charming, complete with creaky floors, and dates back to Mexico’s Porfirio era. Despite the fact that all guest rooms were occupied and my room, the Playa del Carmen, overlooked the street, I found it extremely quiet. And, the shower was terrific! Over the week stay, the breakfasts were simple, but varied. My favorite was the mole negro tamale. The rooftop garden was always deserted when I used it; the fact that it was January probably had something to do with it. All in all, I found Condesa Haus to be exactly the kind of place that I wanted and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: The Playa del Carmen room, where I stayed was perfect for one traveler or a week. A couple might fi...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank lapintura
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our first trip to Mexico City was planned with some anxiety, which was immediately dispelled upon meeting Fernando, our host, at the Campeche Haus. We wisely elected to take the entire apartment for six nights, so that my wife and I, as well as our two grown children, each had a bedroom and a private bath. The rooms, including a large comfortable sitting room/kitchen (and two balconies) are stylish, updated, and immaculately kept. We slept wonderfully each night and lounged comfortably en famille. Every morning R. arrived around 7:30 and prepared different and elaborate Mexican breakfasts, except for the daily cut melons and freshly squeezed orange juice. We've never eaten pancakes as good, even at home.

The location is wonderful: pleasant surroundings just to walk about and proximity to many of the most important sites: here Fernando's expertise and his willingness to spend time discussing his suggestions were more helpful than even the best guide books. We in fact felt we were living in the Mexican version of Greenwich Village: diverse, excellent restaurants (including the Patagonia right below our digs), hip, amazing sites and museums, etc. And don't forget the nearby Frieda Kahla/Diego Rivera homes or the (in)famous Trotsky House.

Thank you Fernando and Campeche Haus: we will be back. Nothing needs to change!

Room Tip: The bedroom to the left of the landing now and then lets you know that the Patagonia Restaurant on t...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We spent one week at Campeche Haus, which is part of the bed and breakfast group of Condesa Haus. The rooms were well equipped, clean and the place had a rustique, original style which makes one really feel home. I had the opportunity to meet all the managers of the place. They are friendly, open and ready to help you. A person (Rocio, an invaluable plus of this place) came every morning to make us breakfast, which included all kind of mexican dishes, along with coffee, fruit, toasts, etc etc. Moreover, contrary to most bed and breakfasts in La Condesa, Condesa Haus accepts kids, and we are thankful for that.
The location is also fantastic, in the heart of La Condesa neighbordhood but at the same time quiet and calm. We had no problem to move in the city, and most attractions are quite close from Condesa.
I would definitively come back in my next stay in Mexico city.

Room Tip: In Campeche Haus, the rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family