“Friendly, helpful, comfortable”

Ranked #8 of 151 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Friendly, helpful, comfortable”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I had a great time here - Fernando, the host, was welcoming, and more than happy to have a glass of mescal with guests and talk about the city. Breakfast each day was brilliant, with a lovely Mexican woman serving up a range of options, including tortillas. The rooms were comfortable and there's a great balcony to sit at in the evenings, in an area that's accessible and packed with bars while staying quiet.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Originally we booked only two nights at Condsa Haus, but after arriving we decided to stay 3 extra nights - as the place was just charming, and Fernando the host was so friendly and accommodating to al our needs. The B&B is located in one of the most vibrant districts of Mexico City, with great cafes, shops and restaurants around.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone wishing to feel at home far away from home!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a great place to make your base while exploring the city. Fernando and Alejandro are very welcoming and easy going. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Good sheets and pillows and the shower is perfect for two.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FloydWilliams
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I have stayed at Condesa Haus on my last two trips to Mexico City, and each time was a wonderful experience. The room was cozy, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is so, so delicious. Plus, it's in an amazing neighbourhood, with lots to eat and drink. I would recommend Condesa Haus to anyone who's looking for a place to stay in Mexico City. I can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SarahTToronto
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The Campeche Haus is beutiful, the rooms are simple, the bathroom is clean. The service is great. The rooms (or ours) was located adjacent to a huge extractor from the kitchen downstairs! The noise kept all day and most of the night! No elevator.

• Stayed February 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We visited Mexico City for seven days and stayed at the Condesa Haus for the second part of our trip. I wish we had stayed there the whole time. What a wonderful place. Beautiful old home in the heart of the trendy and safe Condesa neighborhood. We stayed in the Puebla room, an absolutely gorgeous room with a huge bathroom fitted with original puebla tile and a huge tub with a stained glass window. All of the staff was really friendly but gave you your space at the same time. They knew where everything was and gave us tips on how to get to our spots, easiest routes on the subway, when to take a taxi, etc. The rooftop deck was really cool as well as the patio outside of the dining room. Having breakfast every morning was really nice. Simple breakfasts yet nourishing. Really loved it there and would stay there again on my next trip to Mexico City. I'm giving five stars but my only complaint was the bed was not comfortable for me. Other than that everything was perfect! A wonderful place to call home at the end of busy days exploring the city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dianne V
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Before booking my stay, I read all the reviews and checked the websites of a several B&B’s in Mexico City. Since I was planning to stay a week and I was traveling alone, I wanted to make my decision carefully. This was not my first time in Mexico City and I had a specific idea of what I wanted. I chose Condesa Haus for several reasons – I liked the location, the website was informative and Victor, the online reservations person, was helpful and responded quickly to my questions. I arrived quite late on a Monday night and was greeted by Alejandro. He made me feel at home immediately and he was a go-to person all week long. The building itself is old and charming, complete with creaky floors, and dates back to Mexico’s Porfirio era. Despite the fact that all guest rooms were occupied and my room, the Playa del Carmen, overlooked the street, I found it extremely quiet. And, the shower was terrific! Over the week stay, the breakfasts were simple, but varied. My favorite was the mole negro tamale. The rooftop garden was always deserted when I used it; the fact that it was January probably had something to do with it. All in all, I found Condesa Haus to be exactly the kind of place that I wanted and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: The Playa del Carmen room, where I stayed was perfect for one traveler or a week. A couple might fi...