“Like staying at a friend's house”
Review of Condesa Haus

Condesa Haus
Ranked #6 of 148 Mexico City B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Like staying at a friend's house”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is a very relaxed and calm hotel. It has no pretentions about being fancy. Indeed I'm not sure it even has a sign outside! Once inside it is calm, clean and my room felt like an additional room for the family living there it was so individual and personalised. The bed was large and comfortable. At breakfast everyone sits around the same table. The food was great. I was on a business trip and have to say I much preferred this hotel to a big impersonal Hilton etc.Thank goodness someone with local knowledge booked it for me!

Room Tip: Downstairs room has its own little shaded courtyard
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We loved our four nights stay at Condesa Haus and would go back in second! Perfect location, wonderfully appointed and charming room, very helpful and friendly staff with great suggestions for restaurants and other activities. Fernando's recommendations on dining and spots to go for an after dinner drink were spot-on. Our room faced the street and we enjoyed a lovely view of the leafy trees. We really didn't want to leave.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at Condesa Haus for four nights in March and it was simply SUPERB. Fernando (owner) and his staff are amazing specially Daniela Olsen who took over my heart with her smile and charm.

I had the Playa del Carmen room and I had my own two balconies. It was great to listen to the birds every morning (specially me, coming from a huge city like NYC). The breakfast is great, specially "huevos a la mexicana" with tortillas. Yummy!

Condesa Haus is NOT a hotel. Condesa Haus is a peaceful B&B. If you are loud and have an attitude this lovely place is NOT for you. Mexican people are very respectful so make sure you treat them with respect. The Condesa neighborhood is very safe and hip. A lot of restaurants and bars specially La Estacion Tapas & Vino (amazing tapas, good wine and great service). I also had a great experience booking my tours and airport transfers thru Wayak.mx.

Thank you Condesa Haus. I'll be back SOON!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Stanford, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Condesa Haus is a fantastic place to call home while you're visiting Mexico City. I was here for 4 nights in March with my girlfriend - and we loved it. The staff (bilingual) are super friendly, helpful and willing to go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. The breakfasts are fantastic, with fresh fruits, strong coffee and unique Mexican flavors every day. We even went to a local fruit market and purchased a few exotic items that we asked the ladies to add to our breakfast fruit salads in the coming days - and they were more than happy to oblige.

The Condesa Haus is literally a house - with a variety of funky, chic rooms. We stayed in Porfirio, featuring a claw-foot bathtub and a beautiful high ceiling. I booked late, so we had to switch two days in from Porfirio to Suite 1, which was also awesome - and included en-suite laundry, super helpful.

All in all, Condesa Haus is a find, and you won't be disappointed if you stay here.

One point: it's a B&B, not a hotel - so if you are looking for a 4-star hotel situation, then this place is not for you...but to really experience the style of Mexico City, you really should check this out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Our stay was really enjoyable. The hosts were friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious, and our room had a lot of charm. On Monday, the street turns into a beautiful neighborhood market. Loved it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Fresno, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We met family and friends in Mexico City. We all stayed at the Condessa Haus. It was like being in your own home. We all had our own rooms but the Haus was ours. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The cooks prepared our breakfast whichever way we asked. I would ask for a room in the back of the house if you are a light sleeper. The traffic (foot and auto) never stops. Fernando the owner couldn't have been more helpful and kind. Don't take travelers' checks they are useless in Mexico. But the city is modern and there are atm machines everywhere. The Zona Condessa area is one of the finest and safest in Mexico City. You will fall in love with Mexico.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room in the back of the house. Away from the street.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had two rooms for my wife and I, and our children . The rooms were both very spacious and had a great vibe. The young lady at the reception was very helpful and the breakfasts fine. The area the hotel is located is a really nice neighbourhood. We have no hesitation recommending the guesthouse.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family