“Home away from home”
Review of Condesa Haus

Condesa Haus
Ranked #5 of 161 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is the most relaxed I have felt in a hotel, considering it's so close to the center of Mexico city. i love room we got and the attention from the staff ensures good service and the most welcomeing hospitality.

Room Tip: the coolest room is called Porfirio, ask for that
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in Condesa Haus while celebrating my anversary with my partner. It was absolutely magical and the attention / service from the owners extraordinary. One of the best places to stay in México City, within the lovely "Condesa" neighbourhood

Room Tip: Many tematic room for all tastes, visit the website to select your preference.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Yes, the rooms are stunning and the location is superb but Condesa Haus' best features by far are the wonderful, friendly staff. By the end of our stay, Fernando and his team felt more like family. Our stay at Condessa Haus was one of the highlights of our trip around Mexico and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I only had 1 night here because our other accommodation wasn't available until the following day. We were sad to leave as the room was fantastic, the building a gorgeous old colonial one and the staff very friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I spent three nights at the Condesa Haus during our whirlwind weekend in the D.F. We took the Metro from the airport -- very convenient & safe 20-minute ride using two lines, and 50 cents rather than an expensive cab ride. Location is prime, as other reviewers have mentioned.Wonderful walkable neighborhood.

We stayed in the Puebla room. Very spacious,high ceilings, bed was hard, which didn't bother me, but my husband would've liked it softer. We slept well all three nights -- no noise issues, other than the birds in the morning and the church bells, great way to wake up! Beautiful blue-tiled bathroom is huge! We had no issues with hot water. Robe was a nice touch.

Breakfast is served from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Great way to start your day.

Owner, Fernando and staff are very friendly & helpful. I do wish we could've had a few more food recommendations -- especially for tacos & traditional cuisine. All in all, great place. Perfect location, friendly staff, clean, comfortable room. Check it out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joysen
Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you are visiting Mexico City I highly recommend staying at Condesa Haus. Location on a quiet tree lined street in a desirable neighborhood with plenty of excellent restaurants and bars within walking distance. Downtown, the financial district and most tourist attractions are a short taxi ride away.
I have stayed in three different rooms at Condesa Haus and I liked them all. The contemporary rooms are well furnished and comfortable, some with large bath tubs, full or Juliet balconies. Wireless Internet and an excellent breakfast were included.
The staff was so friendly and welcoming. They were willing to help with arranging taxis, providing directions and organizing tours. They had great suggestions on where to eat and what to see or do.
What an awesome place, I’ll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank zimpdx
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I am torn and would give this place 4 stars largely because of spectacular service but alas.

Positives:
- Ideal location, in the heart of Condesa but a few streets off from the hubbub
- Great service. Run by very responsive and cool young girls. Incredibly polite and willing to help
- Charming architecture. Colonial style, own balcony, etc. but with modern touch

Negatives:
- Noise!! Windows to the street are really thin. Hard to sleep
- Shower was impossible to get to a normal temperature. I ended mostly taking cold showers to not burn myself
- Bed is pretty prison-style hard (but maybe I'm spoiled)

Not a bad last minute option but I'd look around first...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aida82
CondesaHaus, Director General at Condesa Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thanks you for staying with us at Condesa Haus and thank you also for your comment. We would have loved to know the noise problem with your room to offer you a solution.

Unfortunately we didn't know this until we read this comment.
Again thank you for your stay and we hope to host you back in the near future.

Condesa Haus Management.