Pros: location - in a quiet street, but close to Reforma, within a 15-minute walk from Zocalo. Nice decor of the restaurant and lobby. Bathrooms look nice and clean, rooms are big and refurbished, but wouldn’t say the décor is nice.
Cons: Hotel seems to be constantly fool of large groups, which makes it hard to get something for breakfast, or to get to the elevator in the morning. Rooms are very dark, pillows ridiculously high. The windows of most rooms don’t give you any view or light, and almost no ventilation, as they face a narrow “well” inside the building. Shower – typical American shower head stuck high in the wall splashes everywhere around, but not on you. Maybe if you are a tall American it is convenient. Last: you have to pay for the internet.
All in all – if the hotel was sold as a 3 star, I’d give it very good, but you have higher expectations on a 4*.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A first class hotel, the Regente it's located in the heart of Mexico city, steps away from Reforma and Insurgentes main Avenues, walking distance to Zona Rosa, the Zocalo and subway. 140 Newly-refurnished queen bedrooms, experienced staff, Korinto's Restaurant daily buffet, bar, air conditioned, heating, safe deposit, cable TV, electronic locking, hair dryer, purified water, business center, fitness center and WI-FI in every room. Don't pay more! We have everything at a low cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Regente City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regente Hotel Mexico City
- Hotel Regente City Mexico City