“nice hotel, crappy staff”

Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel
Ranked #25 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The rooms are pretty good, tiny but good. They are much smaller than the Sheraton that is 2 blocks away, which is pretty old but still better than this horrible hotel. I travel on business a lot and this was the worst stay I had in 7 months in Mexico.

I need my bills to be emailed to me since I travel a lot and don’t have time to scan them to submit them as expenses. I requested this when I checked out and never received it. I have called them 3 times and never received the bill.

The staff is unprofessional, specially the one in the concierge. The only good thing about this hotel is that they have a steakhouse on the second floor that is really good since it is a franchise that does not belong to the hotel.

My recommendation is to stay at the Marquis that is 3 blocks away from this hotel, in which the service is incredible, it is only 10 dollars more per night and has a magnificent Mexican restaurant. The only downside from the Marquis is that you don’t get any frequent traveler points.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a pretty ugly view so it does not matter.
2  Thank Hernan L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The hotel is at good location, but the lobby and the rooms are very small.

I paid $230 dollar per night. Some nice or better hotels close by are only $80-100 per night. It is not worth it if paying by yourselves.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have stayed here on two differnt occasions. The Marriott Reforma is in a great location at a good price. Only a 20 - 30 minutes ride from the airport. It is located right on the main avenue with many surrounding restaurants and shop and very close to the U.S. Embassy. I would avoid the side streets south of the hotel in the evenings as I got approached several times about "nice ladies. There is a very good Argentinan restaurant across from Hooters that serves great steaks and chicken at a resonable price.

The Marriott lobby is quite large with a little store to buy stuff like water, soda, souvenirs, medicines, etc. There is a bar with a lounge band in the evenings. The executive lounge on the 16th floor is quite spacious and has an outdoor area to relax. The gym is sufficient. There is a pool, two jacuzzi's in the common area and a steam room and sauna inside the mens locker room.

The steak house inside the restaurant was just so-so. The Sunday brunch at the restaurant near check in was fantastic! I would highly recommend to add this to your stay.

No wireless was a surprise, but that didn't concern me. I would stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: There are many ATM's near the hotel, so no need to hassle with the banks at the airport to excha...
1  Thank USAsolotraveler
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I missed my flight from Atlanta to Mexico City due to Airplane mechanical failure. I called the Marriot toll-free number and reported it. After waiting on the phone for 30 minutes the clerk informed that the she had informed the Marriot Reforma hotel, and I will not be charged a “no show” because force majeure (no fault of mine).
Later, I checked my account; I noticed there is a stay list from the August 14-15 my Marriott reward to include points. I knew I did not stay at this hotel during those dates; I check my visa account, and the stay is indeed a real and valid charge. I called the Marriot toll free customer service; they did know why I charge for an extra night and stated they would look into it. They Marriot had yet to inform me at what happened. I called the hotel and they stated they had billed me the fictitious night due to “no show” caused by the broken airplane that cause my trip to be cancelled.
I called Marriot customer service and after speaking to many rude Marriot employees to date the problem as not been solved, and I am still invoiced $$141.23 by the hotel.
I need Marriot organization to step and keep their word.
By the way, I am a Marriot platinum member – if this is way I be will treated I am moving on to different hotel chain that takes care of their customers, solves issues and have integrity.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank bryanwes
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed in a standard room which was ok but a bit small for two adults and a child.

The hotel has a fantastic executive floor with gret views of the city and all day food/non alcoholic drinks included in the price.

The location is excellent, close to the monument to independence, giving good access to the city centre.

Great breakfast buffet at the main restaurant, you see a lot of business people having working breakfasts.

Overall the staff is very professional and attentive, congratulations to them.

Room Tip: Ask or a room with a view, ours was facing mostly a wall. Standard rooms can feel a tad small, a sui...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This hotel is extremely well located in Mexico City. You can't beat the location as it is so central.

The hotel has been nicely renovated and is kept up very well. The lobby is very tastefully decorated and modern. The guest rooms are pretty standard Marriott-style rooms, even on the concierge level. The bathrooms are very good size and well equipped with every amenity.

The staff is very friendly and everyone speaks English well. Check-in was fast and easy.

The concierge level lounge is on the top floor and has a great outdoor patio with outdoor furniture perfect for sunny days. The lounge has a great breakfast with hot food options, snacks and light eats all day long and has a real nice spread in the evening to 10pm. Lots of hot food options even though they only say just one is offered nightly. And the staff attending the lounge are very attentive and extremely friendly.

The pool is a decent size outdoor pool with comfortable lounge chairs, but offers no view as it's on the 4th-5th floor and surrounded by large walls. The gym is a good size and has great equipment - lots of cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights.

All in all, a great hotel in a perfect location in Mexico City.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank flyboy55
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This hotel is nice enough but really? It was built 3 years ago and it dies not have wireless. Do not stay here if you are on business.

• Stayed: July 2012