“Marriott Quality Indeed”

Ranked #23 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Marriott Quality Indeed”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I impulsively bought a ticket to Mexico city because 1) I've never been. 2) It was my fraternity bro's bday! I was greeted by very friendly faces in the valet. I walked up to check in but was directed to the executive lounge because of my status. I ascended to the 16th floor: Got my keys; A salad; a couple sandwiches; and then retreated to my room.

I was given a corner room with a nice view of "Calle Reforma" You can kind of see the Angel of Independence in the distance (there's actually an incredible view from the terrace in the concierge lounge). The room was very comfortable. It was just me alone so I didn't need that much space.

The bed was heavenly. Very comfy sheets and pillows. Bathroom was kind of awkward with the way the door opened into it. But it was nicely decorated. And had a myriad of products to use: lotion, shampoo, body wash, handwash... etc

The hotel was definitely modern. Had all the amenities an american hotel would offer.

The pool was quaint. Small but comfy. shallow. only good for laps really. or cooling off. After climbing over 1000 steps at the pyramids in Teotihuacan I sat in the hot tub for like ever... it was perfect.

My overall impression of the hotel is great. Good service. Amicable staff. My only gripe is that my guest (friends) had to check in and leave their IDs while they were in my room. It would have been a pain if i would have met a lady friend.... which i didn't. so you dodged a bullet marriott!

I told the concierge agent that I was going to have visitors. I wasn't told that I would have to go through all their polity and what not.

The hotel is right in the zona rosa... I literally exited and circumvented the building and bam! there it was... It was like a 7 minute walk to the Insurgentes Metro Station. The Roma district is about a 20 minute walk. Taxis to polanco or condessa are 50-80 pesos (a few bucks). And the angel de independencia is like 100 yards away... There was a bus stop across the street which was awesome cuz I could take a bus from La alameda for 5 pesos... (like 40 cents).

The location is pretty awesome! :)

FYI: for elites... there is light dinner in the concierge lounge. And breakfast. I never made it to breakfast because it's from 6-9am (4-7am PST)... But I was up in time to grab small bites. They always had something... the food on the first night was pretty good. Friday fish night i wasn't too crazy about cuz i'm not a seafood eater. But they had paella and salmon and shrimp soup. All kinds of stuff... I stuck to ham sandwiches. :)

I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sammy C
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Sammy C.

Your experience and comments shared with us help us, supports our policy of continues improvements, not to mention a shot of motivation to the entire staff at México City Marriott Reforma.

As you know Mexico City Marriott Reforma´s Executive level offers complimentary hot plates, with up to four options for breakfast, dinner and with unlimited consumption of non alcoholic beverages; all of this we are happy to extend to our guests, above Marriott Hotels standards. This has deserved very positive comments from Platinum and Gold Elite members.

We are very pleased to hear our efforts generate these kind of comments.
Looking forward to seeing you enjoying our services and facilities, we remain.

Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you care for some view and sun light, make sure to book the rooms with view, cause the all rooms on the right side of the building face the wall from the next door building, really ugly. Rooms are comfortable as the Marriott standards and very clean too. Make sure you use the gym and spa facilities, really nice, with great equipment, dry and steam sauna, awesome to relax after a working day. Breakfast is really good, but they need work on place's ventilation, you leave the restaurant smelling food, which is really awful to go work after breakfast.
Lobby is not cozy, too dark and not inviting, you don't get find a place to plug a your computer to power acs, kind hard on these days.

Room Tip: Make sure to book rooms with view please! and don;t get dressy to have breakfast, go have it before...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest.

Your nice constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated, and we thank you for them.
Your motivating comments in regard to our room’s ´amenities and breakfast are pure adrenaline to our staff.

In regard to views from our rooms, 50% of our units offer full or partial view of Reforma Avenue; however our entire inventory has the same size, standards, decoration; amenities, etc.,to meet the needs and requirements of the discriminating traveler and upper scale visitor.

It would be a pleasure continuing being your honored hosts in your future visits to Mexico City.

Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I just spent 10 days at the hotel Your employees truly understand and demonstrate customer loyalty and service. We feel like I am at home, and are very comfortable. This is true of all of your employees at this hotel

I have stayed at this hotel over 12 times in the last 2 years, and everyone remembers me and my name!

Rib Eye tacos are are the BEST!

Thanks

Dear Guest.

We appreciate the positive comments in regard to our staff and food.
We feel very proud to know that we cover all your expectations.

Our staff has the philosophy to always give quality service.
Our staff has the philosophy of service embedded and it s great to hear their hard work is recognized.

We hope to have the honor to continue being your host in your future visits.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great hotel, spacious comfortable rooms. Only complaint is that there is free internet only in the lobby and you have to get a password which is only valid for 1 hour so it is an inconvenience to ask for a password evertime you need to access the internet.
Very nice gym and lap pool. Also saunas and steam rooms in both men and women's change rooms.
There is a nice mall nearby and lots of restaurants on the streets behind the hotel. Central location. Nice to walk and people watch on Paseo de La Reforma in front of the hotel. Many small convenience stores near the hotel where you can buy bottled water etc

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zeehash
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest.

The time dedicated to share your experience of your last stay in Mexico City Marriott Reforma, is greatly appreciated.

Your nice comments in regard to the rooms, spa and location are fabulous rewards to us.

In reference to your observation in regard to our complimentary internet service, we are pleased to offer our Business Center, available 24 hours a day, including complementary internet service for all the time that you might need it.

We look forward hosting you again in a nearest future.

Sincerely.

French Riviera
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Was staying only for one night, so did not have time to explore all aspects of the hotel, but overall I liked the experience. Location is great, rooms are spacious, and I've had one of the best breakfasts an hotel every offered me.

It's a shame that in 2014 internet is still not systematically included in the price of the room, but apart from that the experience was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest.

Your comments in regard to our rooms and breakfast are much appreciated. We are glad to know that you found our service “up to your standards” and that our staff provided you with the experience you expected.

Regarding internet charges, we continually monitor our competitive set and our cost benefit analysis shows that our offer in MB is higher and at better prices.

In addition our Business Center is available 24 hours a day, including complementary internet service. Shall you need additional assistance in your room, as follow rates and MB offer:

TIME MB COST (MxCy)
1 hour 4MB $50 Pesos
6 hours 4MB $150 Pesos
12 hours 4MB $200 Pesos
24 hours 4MB $250 Pesos

We look forward to continuing being your honored hosts in your future visits to Mexico City Marriott Reforma

General Director
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Business travel can be tough on the waistline, so I'm always grateful to show up at a place that provides a fighting chance to stay fit. Great gym here: lap pool, decent free weights and machines as well as numerous treadmills, stationary bikes and elliptical machines- all new. Breakfast has your standard heart attack on a plate options (yes, delicious) but also fresh fruit, smoothies and even bowls of green salad. Since my lunch and dinner options have been woefully deficient in the greens dept, I've been doing salad with breakfast. Weird, I know. Also, Paseo de Reforma offers a nice long straight shot on lighted sidewalks if you are looking for a decent running route right out the hotel door.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest.

We sincerely appreciate the time dedicated to share with us your experience at our hotel. We are pleased to hear our healthy breakfast option, deserved your approval.

Thank you very much for the motivating comments in regard to our Gym and Breakfast. Our Room Division Manager and the Beverages & Food Manager are working very hard and very close with their team to achieve this and we very pleased to hear our efforts generate these kind of comments.

Santo Domingo, República Dominicana
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed for bussiness / pleasure here with my wife and my daughter. Good room. Ask with a view to Reforma street, the side view is not that good. Excellent food and restaurant, Good room,. Centric location. Near reforma 222 nice mall and next to Venece Street with several restaurants. One block from the Angel where you can take the turibus for tours around the city and to other cities next to the DF. Executive lounge service was excellente.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you for sharing your nice comments with us, we are really pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and pleasant in our hotel.

On behalf the Mexico City Marriott Reforma´ Staff, we want to thank you for your preference, and we hope to host you again in a nearest future.

Sincerely.