“Great location and easy going place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hostal Condesa

Hostal Condesa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
Hostal Condesa
“Great location and easy going place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

The location of this place is brilliant! Condesa is a fabulous neighbourhood and the hostal is in a prome location, close to bars and great restaurants, and also a few minutes walk from the metro!!! It is also close to the metrobus!
For its location, it is pretty cheap.......but comfortable! Sure, it is not the Ritz, but the place is clean and you have access 24 hours!
We did not have a noise problem, except the church ringing its bells a bit early......it is located a few blocks away and is beautiful, but that is not their fault :)
Had a small mix up being overcharged with money......but they returned the cash asap! At least they are honest!!!!!!!
I do recommend this hostal for the budget traveller! ;)

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wazza H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

A nice and simple hostal located on the street with all the bars, restaurants and coffees - and the next metro is just five minutes away. The neighbourhood is beautiful and safe, with lots of places to discover. Would recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick O
Monterrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

We were 8 people, 4 men, 4 women, the main thing was a bedroom for men and bedroom for women with bathroom, this didn't happen.

They stole the credit card to one woman and tried to clone the credit card to another woman, because they made ​​the mistake of leaving their cards in the hostel.

Terrible service when we arrived to the hostel.

Room Tip: Try another hostel
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Omar S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Biggest problem is noise. Owner is very kind, but service is pretty limp. They just opened a bar on the ground floor and noise volume is big. Every yahoo in town is at high volume.

• Stayed July 2011
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

Well, it's not the Ritz, but it doesn't claim to be either. This place is cheap, friendly and conveniently located. If you are a semi-active individual, you can walk to pretty much any attraction in Mexico D.F. from this place and if you are not; well, the metro is only within a 5-minute walk. Even with my overfilled 85+10L Deuter backpack on my back, I was able to walk to the metro station with only minor back pains. The best part is that this place is literally only a 1-minute walk away from THE best Mexican food you can get in or out of Mexico! Sure, you won't see pictures of the rooms in the latest issue of Boutique Hotels Magazine, but the rooms are clean, spacious and functional. Hey, for the price we paid, we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

You must check out our site for all the info and pictures.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheVacationAdvisors
Oaxaca, Oaxaca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed at this place for three nights, the guy Manuel that runs the frontdesk can be rude, he misunderstood a conversation my friend and I were having and thought we were talking about him, he reacted very aggressive towards us and said a lot of bad things. We asked for towels on our first day and got them 30 mins later with an attitude. The location is perfect ! close to the metro station and to restaurants and bars, price is good. Manuel ! You can get that 100 % if you improve your costumer service and attitude.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank omar_alonso
Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

I stayed in Hostal Condesa for three nights. It was such a good experience, I have been traveling in Mexico and my last stop was Mexico City. I was a little bit worried because I heard some not so good things about security. From the moment I made the reservation it was a good experience. I booked a private room and it was really nice. The hostel has a common area with Cable TV and a computer but for my surprise I had my own TV in the room. I wasn’t expecting this in a Hostel.
The location is spectacular with lots of young people, bars and restaurants in a walking distance. I really recommend this hostel if you want to be in a very clean place and in the middle of all the night life in Mexico City!!! Definitely I’ll come back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo