“Very nice restaurant”

Neighbourhood: Coyoacan
Neighbourhood: Coyoacan
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We were given a starter of pate sliced vegetables and bread, there was a 90peso cover charge although I noticed some regulars turned this down. I had an excellent braised steak served sizzling and my wife a huge knuckle of pork. Good value for money. There was an OK pianist but the restaurant was almost employ on a Thursday evening. Pity.

Visited November 2013

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

We wanted to find a restaurant close to our hotel in Mexico City on Paseo de La Reforma during our visit. So I just selected "search" close to me and our hotel. SEP'S came up as #68 recommended restaurants in Mexico City. After a little bit of confusion about the exact location, Sep's is actually located on the corner of Calle Paris and Avenida Insurgentes. We found the previouse reviews to be "right on"!

Sep's is a bit "tired", but a change from the many restaurants in Mexico City. When ordering our drinks, we ordered a cervaza Corona and a michelada, we thought "standard fare" for Mexico. Wow...when the drinks arrived they we each served in a liter glass. No standars 355 ml (12 oz) glasses. This was our first introduction to the fact that Sep's would be different. I guess there was an earlier introduction; the restaurant was empty at 3:30 PM, but there was a pianist playing popular songs. This too was unexpected.

I ordered huachinango, with butter and garlic, and my Novia ordered chamorro al horno (roast leg of pork). While we were waiting we were served three kinds of bread on a cutting board with a bread knife, and a small bowl of butter and another small bowl of pâté. Unexpected, but very nice.

Our entres arrived, and by now we were not surprised, they were quite large and the quality was very good.

Sep's was a pleasant surprise. Trip Advisor and the personal reviews were spot on. This resulted in a pleasant afternoon comida in Mexico DF.

6 Thank George M
Columbus, Mississippi
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The food I ate was not spicey but well seasoned. I ate early and a young woman came out and played Rachmaninof's IIIrd. It was very good.

• Visited April 2012