“Very good hotel”

The St. Regis Mexico City
Ranked #8 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the St. Regis Mexico twice again over the last weeks and very much enjoyed it. First, we had an executive suite, which was lovely. Great interior design, comfortable and with all the amenities one expects from a St. Regis. On our second stay we tried out the luxury suite, which is significantly larger with dining table and a view – it is a great room, but feels a bit empty and cold. Though that is due to personal taste. I think I would prefer the executive suite again.

Facilities were great and staff is super friendly and helpful. I would especially like to point out the staff at the check-in, the bellmen and the concierge, who provided amazing service.

If there is one thing the St. Regis Mexico can improve on, it would be the service at its restaurant and bar. The food was pretty good, but not consistent. Chilaquiles at breakfast were amazing while most of the other dishes disappoint. One thing management needs to address is the attention to detail (this is the reason I only give four points; I compare to the St. Regis Singapore where service is impeccable): during breakfast as well as drinks staff was standing around, chatting with each other or the manager seemed to be engaging them in long conversations. This meant, guests had to come in from the balcony and find someone to place orders or get help. No one ever walks around to check on guests, whether the food is ok, the drinks need to be refilled or whether they require anything else. They need to be more attentive to their guests.

Else, we will for sure come back.

Room Tip: Try the executive suite, great space and very cosy
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for the time that you took on writing a detailed review on our property. The bespoke service is one of our core values, so please be sure that the comments have been addressed to the management team at the restaurant. We hope that you can have the time to visit us again and experience an unforgettable experience in Diana, as well as the entire hotel.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

we have all the spa was increidable we have a nice vista from the pool and gym the rooms wre increable

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thanks for your kind comments.
We are glad you enjoyed The St. Regis Mexico City, please come back soon,

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed here on last September during my 4 days Business trip to Mexico city. On my arrival, the VIP pickup service at airport was the beginning of a wonderful experience, the location is excellent which is walking distance to my office in Torre Mayor.

Upon check into my room, the butler tried so much to serve whatever I need and helped me unpack and organize my stuff which I believed was an excellent service. The service is excellent, most staffs were very friendly, smart and attentive, overall they shows the highest standard I've ever experienced.

The rooms are luxurious, well appointed with luxurious furnishings and high quality materials. The bathroom is fabulous and very large, it was equipped with a very nice bath tube, and a separate rain shower and of course, wonderful LCD TV in the mirror.

The breakfast was also outstanding, and the team at the restaurant is great. I liked it so much and ended up having most of my lunch and dinner there since its walking distance to my office.

Overall, if you're like me a St Regis Fan, you will love it as it is a shining example of the brand.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your warm comments. We are really honored knowing that we have conquered you with the St. Regis service. Furthermore it is really good to know your office is close to us in the Financial District and that we may welcome you soon.

Wishing you a lovely day,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I've just returned from St Regis Mx City and have to say the property is AMAZING. The best thing of the hotel is the staff : everybody is friendly and even the standard room offers butler service. Location (for leisure trips) is not the best for restaurants (I had to go to Polanco to had dinner several times),however, it is really beautiful,just in front Diana's Fountain. Before staying at St Regis, I had stayed at the 4 Seasons, which is gorgeous and has a different atmosphere (beautiful gardens,hacienda style).I highly advise you to stay at St Regis if you want premiere service and comfortable accomodations.

Room Tip: Upper levels offer great views of Paseo de la Reforma
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read such a kind review, thank you. We are really proud our staff made you feel welcome. Also we would like to announce the opening of J&G Grill by Jean George next May, that will represent an extraordinary culinary experience for you.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I just recently stayed there for a two day trip in Mexico City. I was curious to discover what it is now being called the most luxury hotel in Mexico City. My stay was ok, the hotel is very nice indeed, very modern, the room they put us was nice. I would have to admit the only bad part was not being fully upgraded to a suite as Plat member of their Starwood program. I really had high expectations on that side from previous stays at St. Regis Punta Mita where they really spoil you when you are a Plat member. Unfortunately, not in this one. I did not had a chance to use the restaurant or the fitness center.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for discovering The St. Regis Mexico City. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Even though sometimes is difficult for us to have enough suites for all our Platinum guests, we work on giving them always our best available room. Please allow us to welcome you back soon.
Best,

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The rooms here are very nice, and the location is good.
From what we experienced, Polanco would be the best area to stay in Mexico City but the location of St Regis is pretty good.

The breakfast is continental buffet, with a selection of dishes to have freshly cooked. Highly recommended.

The only problem we experienced was the air conditioning. You set it to the desired temperature and it then blows a lot of air, and makes a lot of noise, until it reaches that temperature at which point it turns itself off altogether. So you have alternating periods of silence and noise as it maintains the temperature. This was a minor annoyance whilst watching TV, but meant we couldnt sleep without turning it off.

Would be 5 stars if not for the air conditioning.

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor facing Chapultepec Park.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoneRangerAus
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to review The St. Regis Mexico City.
We appreciate your comments and suggestions. We apologize about the AC issue, we regret your stay couldn’t be perfect. Please allow us to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Delightful hotel in a prestine address. The only delemor was that the hotel had no Mexican feeling. Try the spa and the fitness center with the infinit pool is an oasis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, as there are many surrounding buildings
1  Thank George M
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Good afternoon George,

We are very glad you had a delightful time at The St. Regis Mexico City and that you could get indulged at Remède Spa.
We appreciate your time reviewing the hotel,

Kindest Regards,