“Simply the best in Mexico City”

The St. Regis Mexico City
Ranked #7 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I've had the opportunity to stay at the St. Regis on several occasions this week and I can say with confidence that is among the best in Mexico City and the best among the group of 4 and 5 star hotels that I stay at regularly.

Rooms are pristine, moderns and comfortable. Even standard rooms are generous in size with good size bathrooms and showers, seating areas and desks. Luxury suites are an indulgence and includes a stylish living room, dining room, powder room and giant shower room.

Service is to be expected for a St. Regis and attention to detail is excellent. When I complimented a butler on his St. Regis cufflinks, I found a box of them and a handwritten card waiting for me in the room later that night. Shirt and suit pressing is done sometimes within 30 minutes. Room service is 5-star dining experience.

The King Cole bar is a nod to the St. Regis New York roots and the cocktails still have a ways to go compared to NYC or the share of high-end cocktail joints that are popping up around Mexico City, but the atmosphere is great and the service is very good.

The food selection is excellent, with Diana grill providing excellent, high-end breakfast and lunch with an option to sit outdoors on nice days. J&G Grill downstairs has excellent cocktails and bars.

Finally - location, locatoin, location. You're only a short walk/drive from Polanco, La Condessa, Zona Rosa, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Chantal G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Cristopher U,

First of all we would like to thank you for your kind comments, it is with great honour that we receive your review of The St. Regis Mexico City. At our hotel we strive on offering our guests experiences which surpass their expectations and which cater to their every needs, as a St. Regis connoisseur as yourself we are glad to learn that your stay with us was exceptional.

We look forward to receiving you in the very near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I cant find one negative thing to say, it was what I expected and much more. The only down about my stay is that there was a Redbull convention and when I was checking in the lobby was packed by these convention people that seemed very arrogant and rude, but no fault of the hotel. I haven't had chance to contact the hotel since my stay as I was blown away with a pastry they had in my sitting area of the room I cant even describe it but, I would like to know what it was. Thank you St Regis Mexico I look forward to my next trip to Mexico I felt super safe and fell in love with your service and hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Chantal G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Nava G,

First of all we greatly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and services. We are exceptionally glad to know that your stay exceeded your expectations and that we were able to deliver a bespoke service experience. Please do not hesitate in contacting our Guest Recognition Manager, Pilar Carreon at: pilar.carreon@stregis.com regarding any questions you have from your stay.

We look forward to receiving you soon in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Definitely the best option when visiting mexico city..
Since you walk in the doors it smells like a spa.. And the rest of the experience is just like one. Big rooms, spacious bathroom/vanity area, great view! There's a very nice terrace in the bar with excellent strawberry mojitos!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Carlos F, Commuity Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very glad we could seduce your senses through small details like our tea bouquet, our breathtaking views, or a delicious drink at the bar.

We will be honored welcoming you back soon,

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2013

A good quality hotel that probably deserves it's top ranking in this city. Front desk & most staff very professional. Quality rooms, modern decor & very clean. Main breakfast restaurant lacked a comprehensive selection compared to other hotels in its class however was acceptable. Despite the very comfortable stay the only blemish seems to over-shadow the quality of this hotel. I dined one night with a number of colleagues in one of the hotel restaurants, J&G grill & whilst the food was fantastic the wine service questionable. In requesting a recommendation from the wine waiter for a local wine we were guided to a particular wine although not directed to it's pricing on the extensive wine list, trusting (as reckless as this sounds) that it would not be disproportionate to most other wines. In tasting the wine (entire table of guests) it was concluded as nothing spectacular however we wanted to keep an open mind in sampling local product. When the bill came it reflected what ended up being one of the most expensive wines on the wine list & certainly not worth a fraction in our view of what we paid. We addressed it with wine waiter who was quite dismissive & unfortunately we did not take it much further to avoid putting a damper on a good meal & company. When dining there again a couple of nights later I curiously asked a different wine waiter to recommend a wine & he directed me without haste to the same winery for a variety of their wines from again an extensive selection, although to be fair this time pointing out the pricing in wine list. I do not believe it is any coincidence & it does raise questions as to what was driving such recommendations by both wine waiters & whether this is appropriate for a hotel of this class. I conveyed my concerns in a subsequent hotel survey but the response was almost text-book & did not really appease the situation. Unfortunate experience for what is a quality hotel in Mexico City.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your comments about your last stay. We are pleased to know that the hotel succeeded in delivering an extraordinary stay. We are sorry to hear that your dining experience at J&G Grill was not totally satisfactory. We would like to assure you that our wine selection is hand-selected and we look to bring to our restaurants the highest quality in wines. We apologize that the wine selected during your dinner was not a bespoke selection, we will make sure each option is perfectly paired during each visit to our restaurants. I hope we may welcome you back very soon,

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel around 10 times while traveling for work to Mexico City. The hotel was perfect. The location and views were great. The room was excellent. You had your own personal butler. The best part of the stay was the waterfall shower..it was simply awesome. The pressure was perfect which made the bath really refreshing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest,

It is an honor to know you are already a St. Regis connoisseur, we are pleased to have conquered your senses. Please allow us to keep indulging you during each stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I normally stayed at the Four Seasons and I am happy I picked the new St Regis Mexico City. I love the tower and residential feel. The lobby is well above the street and you are greeted by champagne and a butler in your room. The workout facility and pool were very nice and the concierge was able to take care of my every last minute need. The rooms were small but well appointed and nice bathroom product. Location was good and safe.

Room Tip: WHen booking with a family, book an adjoining room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Chantal G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Peter G,

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. It is with great pleasure that we learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and special amenities we offer. Our associates are dedicated to offering you and all of our guests a memorable stay at our property.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Beautiful, modern and excellent service. When visiting DF I usually stay on the other end of the park, Polanco area but this time decided to try the St Regis. Oh, I am so glad I did.
Stayed for 2 nights this past weekend and will do so again.
Service upon check-in was excellent and also a nice glass of sparkling wine was offered. Escorted to our room and explained how to use everything. A room on the 9th floor with king bed and sitting area, bigger than my first apartment. Floor to ceiling windows, desk, large sofa with leather ottoman and the bathroom was wonderful. I especially loved the rain shower and 2 sinks. The bed was so comfortable, I could have stayed in it all day.
There is also a "butler" at your service for every room, whatever you may need.
Breakfast buffet was included, fresh fruit/yogurt/bread and cold cuts very good.
We also ate at J&G restaurant which was good, the avocado pizza. I also opted for the crusted cod which was great.
There is a state of the art gym which overlooks the city and a beautiful pool. Also pilates & yoga classes or personal trainers. The spa was very good, massage and facial :).
The location is along Reforma which you can walk to many areas including the museums or ride your bike on Sundays (no cars).
I rate the St Regis 4.9/5.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but opt for a higher floor. Use the gym and pool they are beautiful. All rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple