“Top Notch Service”

The St. Regis Mexico City
Ranked #7 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 21 April 2014

With an amazing location this hotel offers a world class service that is expected from the brand. From the moment a butler takes your suitcases from the car you feel already welcome in the property. The lobby is situated on the 3rd floor, while doing check in you are received with a glass of champagne. The check-in is smooth and fast. You are taken to your room by your personal butle which shows you the amenities of the room and asks for any needs like the complimentary ironing in the hotel.
The room is spacious and very clean. The bed is just excellent when you need a good night sleep. The bathroom has all the amenities you would expect, with a separate shower and hot tub. The contact with the butler service is always easy and efficient, I used it to polish my shoes and they were ready and perfectly clean in half an hour.
In conclusion, its an excellent hotel that guarantees a truly excellent stay, and well worth your money overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AlonsoFA
Chantal G, Social Media & Marketing Executive at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Contreras g,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to review The St. Regis Mexico City! It makes us extremely proud to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. Reading comments like yours encourages our whole team to continue delivering service from the heart. I shared your review with the whole team and they were so proud to hear that we delivered an experience encompassing all the senses and emotions.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon in the near future!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Mexico City

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I visited the St Regis Spa Mexico City a while ago. It was a really good experience from the moment you arrive in the hotel. There's always someone taking care of you and answering your questions. Staff was friendly and professional. The Spa infinity pool has a great view of the city and the butlers are aways offering help. I had a holistic massage and it was amazing. I have ben to several 5 star Spas and this one is truly one of the best Spas Ive been to. I am originally from Mexico and like to go to Spas from time to time. I will definitely be back. Great in every sense.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SpaTravelerGirl
Chantal G, Social Media Executive at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear SpaTravelerGirl:

Thank you very much for your incredibly kind message regarding the services offered by our Butlers and staff in general. It shall be a great honor for our Director of Spa, Alejandra, to hear your comments, especially since you have been to many different Spas around the world. With your comments in mind, we shall continue to offer unconditional service from the heart.

We hope to welcome you very soon at The St. Regis Mexico City.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Beautiful hotel, clean, new, up to date in technology, unique and one of a kind bedrooms......and the brunch on Sunday more than delicious: excellent food, super assorted food ( chilaquiles, eggs, beans, fresh fruit, breads, mmmmmmmm yummiest!!!!), the decoration, and the service very very good
I highly recommend St, Regis hotel in Mexico City

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank contreras g
CarlosFajer, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your warm and sincere recommendation. We are very glad to know that your complete experience was beyond satisfying. We will be looking forward for your next stay,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is one of the best hotels I've been to. Room, facilities, services, everything basically. Attention to detail from the beautiful flowers to the all the staff knowing your name. That means it's excellent, really. However, because I stayed there for over 2 months and in multiple rooms I can say the following that could serve as feedback to the hotel staff (though I wouldnt say it would ruin anyone's stay):
1. The breakfast area is usually full, so if you are a business traveller like me it means you'll rather grab a coffee at Starbucks instead of waiting 10 min just to be seated
2. The breakfast area (again) offers very little on the buffet, you need to order any hot items, even a toast. So, again, as a business traveller I usually don't even bother the wait
3. The shower pressure varies significantly from room to room. Some are amazing, others, usually on the upper levels, pretty much suck
4. There is a great terrace outside the lobby, but the few times I was there I had to leave in 30 min for any other event they would host there
5. Depending on the side you stay, you will be waked at 7am by angry mexicans honking endlessly at the longest traffic light in Reforma.
6. This final point is really not the hotel's responsibility at all, but many times there is a govt event happening right outside the hotel on sunday. It is loud (really loud) and it starts at 6am and goes all the way in the afternoon. I was so traumatized I chose to stay at condesa on other weekends after this. So for these final points, I dont understand why arent the windows more sound-protective. Grand hyatt does a great job at that.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bernard d, General Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Elisa,

We are very grateful about your review and feedback. Your trust is a privilege and an invaluable chance to improve. I have personally spoke to Javier Perez Rubio, Food And Beverage Director, to optimize our restaurant reservations during high occupancy seasons, and to Rodrigo Montero, Engineering Director to check every shower in every room, just to make sure they all are in great conditions.
I have met the city’s Tourism Secretary, to request his help about this issue, in the meantime we are putting earplugs during weekend nights, to provide a pleasant sleep.

I will be looking forward to your further comments.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

as one can see I travel a lot and I love .I try to stay in several places, at several price levels. I chose this hotel for the last two nights of my stay in MEXICO CITY...as a treat ,so to say.
Of course one can not compare a 600us hotel to my other 2 hotels which were in the 60us price range...so I will not do it.
The reception is on te 3rd floor. The elevator just takes you to 1 to 3 and then upon arrival you are greeted with a glass of champagne. loved it. very well educated staff.
You see they are professionals. They wanted to talk english but since I speak fluently spanish no problem :) I had a suite overlooking the gorgeous blue lit fountain and beautiful paseo de la reforma (avenue:) . I could even see chapultepec castle.
I loved their King Cole bar with their sound selection of international and mexican (try the white ones) wines. very pricey but well worth it. the grill and the other restaurants were outstandiing.
the rooms as you would expect, modern, pretty, very comfortable. loved the lcd with 70 or more programmes (i dont watch tv too much,especially not in mexico).
I loved their clean , modern,contemporary style.
as you can see...sometimes even I CAN'T COMPLAIN:)
best hotel in mexico .... so far
enjoy

Room Tip: try to get a suite....what difference does it make either to spend 400 or 700 us ? ask for chapulte...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank adrianmiami

Dear Adrian,

We are delighted reading a review from a traveling connoisseur as you, someone who is not afraid of discovering the most authentic places, or staying at a beautiful urban resort. I am extremely happy to know that you loved The St. Regis Mexico City, because we correspond it, loving to serve, to surprise, to seduce every sense of our guests.
I hope to meet you sometime and enjoy the view of the terrace while the jazz band plays your requests,

Best Regards

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in the most comfortable bed ever with impeccable service from the moment you enter. Centrally located in a safe and posh area, doesn't quite feel like the Mexico you have in your mind, but wherever you are, it doesn't matter with this stay. All amenities are gorgeous, from gym to pool to King Cole bar. Top hatted bellman are a little silly upon entering, but support the fantasy they want to create for you. Only complaint, where's the Mexican food?! Yeah, we still want to be in Mexico that why we're there! Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chichinyc
Bernard d, General Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment, we are thrilled knowing about your experience. We are delighted to know you had a comfortable, impeccable and fantastic stay. We will be waiting for your next visit to sublime your senses with delicious and authentic tacos made by our chefs, just as they would prepare them for their own family, along with guacamole, blue corn tortillas, a homemade soup and a refreshing margarita, not forgetting a dessert that will make you feel like a Mexican child enjoying for the first time the sweet essence of this country.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent location, outstanding service, and beautifully appointed rooms. The beds were super comfortable, great water pressure/ shower, and very quiet. Sadly, the only drawback for us was their restaurant. The restaurant itself is beautiful - both the outdoor seating and inside. Upon arrival, we had lunch on the terrace and everything was cold - not even warm. My side dishes came when I was done with our meal and they were cold - those I sent back because who likes cold beans? The service was not would I would expect from the St Regis - needless to say, we ate the rest of our meals out. I would stay again, but with the food being average for the price (very expensive for Mexico City), we'll eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bernard d, General Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We are terribly sorry about this experience with your food being cold on Diana’s terrace. Please be confident I spoke personally with Guy Santoro, Executive Chef and Javier Perezrubio, Food and Beverage Director, to ensure we resolve this using a cloche, especially when is windy on our terrace. I have also asked Javier to look at our service procedures to assure your next visit is perfect. We are sure that Diana and J&G Grill are great examples of Mexico’s gastronomic heritage.

Please accept my sincerest apologies,

Warmest,