“It is ok” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suites Petit Polanco

Suites Petit Polanco
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico City
Suites Petit Polanco
Ranked #239 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Los Angeles, California
“It is ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

If you are looking for a safe cheap place for a long term stay in Mexico this place is ok. the two bedroom rooms are better than the single bed room. the single bed room have windows that do not close and can get cold if i stayed in December. Stayed there for a month the location was good . . it does not have many of the amenities and facilities that I was used in suites in the USA. The people who work there are friendly but none of them can speak any english. There is a good numbers of restuarants to eat from . My favorite was veggie salads that was on the same street and served great salads for a low price.

i used the gym and Spa at Hotel Habita for 500 pesos for the month.

Room Tip: pay more and get one of the two bed rooms. if going for a single room see the room before taking it...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Helsinki
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

I would really like to advise all of you to steer clear off this place. On my second night at the accommodation, I left to go out for dinner and upon my return some 4 hours later, it was visible that someone had been in my room. My things has been gone through and the lock on my suitcase had been broken (which was where I had some valuables as there's no safety boxes in these flats). Upon inspection it turned out that my camera and some cash had been stolen - done in a way in which I perhaps may not have noticed. I am, however, a bit OCD about my stuff so could immediately tell things had not been left the way I'd left them. This resulted in an all-nighter with the security staff and the police force (and my crappy Spanish). The security guy eventually confessed, but had already earlier handed my camera over to someone else so there was no getting it back. A long wait and many attempts at putting the story to Spanish at the police station were what I was left with from this case. This place is not safe, please do not consider staying here

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
26 Thank AroundTheWorld2013

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Location:

Very good location in Polanco. The Metro station is a 3 minute walk away. At the Metro entrance you will also find a big Superama (supermarket) that sells every food item you could possibly need and a safe and well priced Sitio taxi station (they charge 30 pesos in Polanco and fair prices - roughly 10 pesos per kilometer - to other areas). Smaller 24h supermarkets and several restaurants and cafes are right in front of the house and along the street.

Tip: most taxi drivers don’t know where Calle Newton is and how to enter it (one way street) Tell them its “Horacio con La Martine” Every driver knows Horacio and then you just have to turn onto La Martine when you see the Superama/Metro station and the next corner is Newton 116.

Staff & Cleanliness:

The staff is really nice; whenever I had a question, broken lightbulb etc. they were really helpful. The cleaning ladies are impeccable. They did a great job, even cleaning the dishes when I did not get to it in the morning which always made me feel kinda guilty so I tried to be as tidy as I could. :-)

There was a regular change of linen and towels which were very clean and nice. There is a laundry machine and a dryer upstairs that you can use if you ask at the reception. There is a guard at the door 24h and you cannot enter the house without him opening the door which made me feel really secure.

Rooms & Comfort:

Some rooms are nicer than others, try to get one with hardwood floor, the carpet in mine (number 6) was not the nicest. However, I liked the layout of my apartment. It had a living/dining room with a table for eating and a sofa for watching TV, a small kitchen and then the bedroom with the bath on one side and a big wardrobe room on the other. The shower was hot, the bed was really, really comfortable.

On the plus side, the bedroom window opens to the patio so street noise is minimal. On the negative side, this will mean you hear noises from the other rooms (the patio is really tiny so the other windows are close by and they also do not shut properly). So you can hear your neighbors and the laundry machine in the attic and the annoyingly loud elevator pretty clearly. Bring earplugs.

Also, if you stay in winter, bring a hot water bottle. It’s not freezing cold but since the windows all have small gaps I had some nights where it got chilly and I was glad to have it. The kitchen was small but functional and clean (refrigerator, toaster oven, stove, microwave, blender, some pots, pans and dishes.)

All in all it's a good place to stay if you are not bothered too much by occasional noise from the neighbors and the elevator.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business