“Chill Out Flats Feb. 14 - 21”

Chillout Flat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 152 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Vancouver
“Chill Out Flats Feb. 14 - 21”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This place is very well located to the historical centre of Mexico City. The hosts are helpful and friendly giving much information about the various sites to see and how to get to them. The place is kclean and well maintained and the breakfasts were nicely done by Liliana and William while I was there. David, the owner was also reallykind and helpful while I was there even though he was not onduty atthe time. The securikty is good with a doorman available 24 hours. I would recommend this place to others.

Room Tip: My room was away from the main street andit was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed in the Chillout Flat for three nights with two friends, having been tipped off by a guide book. I'm really glad I did, as this is a great place to stay. The rooms aren't luxurious per se but they are very comfortable. One of them even
had its own balcony. And because it's tucked away in an apartment block, you wouldn't know you were slap bang in the middle of one of the world's largest cities as it's so quiet. Special mention should go to the friendly proprietors, who were happy to provide advice on places to go in Mexico City, and the varied and tasty breakfasts. Oh, and it's great value too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank cjm2010_10
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We're a couple in our mid-late-twenties and had the pleasure of staying at Chill Out Flat for three nights. The room was clean and beautiful, and the owner David was so helpful and gave us lots of great tips on where to go and what to do in Mexico City. And he makes the loveliest breakfast! The location is very central and easy to find (we had a little difficulty, but that was due to our taxi driver's serious need of glasses!) Would definitely recommend and stay again!

Room Tip: "OM"-room was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mmyrvold
vlissingen, Nederland
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed in the Chillout Flat for 3 nights last month on our weddingtrip to Mexico with our family. The b&b is lovely! There is a doorman available to let you in the building. The rooms are fabulous and spacious (we stayed in the kundalini room).
Great host and super breakfast!

Would definitly go again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My partner and I had the pleasure of spending two weekends at the Chillout Flat B&B, and what a pleasant surprise. The location couldn't be better and the tiny hotel is charming. Breakfasts are delicious and David, the owner, is helpful and friendly. Although our first room didn't have an en suite bathroom (a bit of a hassle to walk down the hall to our private bath), our second room (the "OM" room) was gorgeous and much more private. The location is just around the corner from a Metro station, less than a ten minute walk to the Zocalo, and two blocks or so to a few pedestrian streets with fun nightlife. The Bellas Artes theatre is also a mere five minute walk from the front door. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, a nice bargain for the price, especially if you're able to snag one of the rooms with an en suite bath. We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carrie C
Vlissingen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We've stayed in the Chillout Flat Bed & Breakfast from the 11th of november to the 14th of november 2011. The eight of us enjoyed the comfortable five rooms of this lovely bed & breakfast. The Chillout Flat has a great style of decoration, feel and atmosphere right in the cente of Mexico City. It is clean and well maintained.

Our host David was a great host. Nice to talk to and with a high standard of service and kindness. The breakfast was lovely with a new specially prepared dish every morning.

Thank you David for your hospitality!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed there for five nights in October.
The room was not so spacious, but nice and clean. Had own bathroom and hot shower. Room service each day except Sunday. Nice Mexican food with freshly squeezed tropical fruit for breakfast.
Hosts were nice, David gave us a map and instructions what is advisable to visit in Mexico City. We had a lot of questions regarding the city, the people, the culture and he was very keen on answering them at the beginning but somehow I got the feeling that he got sick and tired of our questions afterwards.
When we asked for a favor (like calling the bus station for the schedule of buses to Oaxaca), he said he'd call them, but we had to remind him a couple of times. Not really a kind of a host I was expect him to be.
Sleep quality was generally good, exception was one night when guests arrived in the middle of the night and woke us up slamming the door of their room.
The living room was very pleasant, warm looking, many social games available, it was a place where you can meet other travelers and exchange experience. Coffee and tea were available all the time.
We really had a nice time there!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
davmarino, Owner at Chillout Flat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
First of all thank you very much for your review

I just want to reply about the two lines where you talk about a poor service from me (David)
concerning the amount of questions and information, I'm always available to ANY number of questions about anything that can make your trip a pleasant and safe one. I have never got sick about any guest, ALL of you are very important for us.

About the call to ADO (buses) please remind that the call WAS NOT for schedule of buses (already told you that you had a bus to Oaxaca every hour all day long ) instead of that, you have asked me to call the reservation center and make a reservation in Spanish for you, (yes you remind me once, and I apologized for the delay) then, after I made the call to the call center, and asked for your credit card details, you told me "Im not giving my credit card details by phone to that operator" so the whole operation was cancelled.

again thank you for being our guests
kind regards