“Quiet Boutique hotel in Sante Fe with Gorgeous Views”
Review of Distrito Capital

Distrito Capital
Ranked #147 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Panama City, Panama
“Quiet Boutique hotel in Sante Fe with Gorgeous Views”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This hotel is located in the very nice area of Sante Fe. The lobby is on the 5th floor and the rooms are on the 25th and up offering beautiful views of the area city and hills beyond. There are 30 rooms and suites and I stayed in one of the rooms.

What I liked was the free internet..more hotels must start offering this instead of charging for it. There is also an ipod dock if you bring yours with you. The desk has space to plug your netbook/laptop and camera in to recharge. Behind the desk is a sofa and small marble table. I mostly used the sofa to put my suitcase on. There is a mini bar fridge and snack drawer. The prices were not bad at all for a hotel but the only quibble I have is the water. No comp water given, even the first night bottle given free would add so much more of a positive experience. Instead I grumbled as I had to pay 6.00 US for a small bottle of water. Hotel, please note this and change...it would make your guests feel better about staying here. The rooms are very plain and simple - leading to the look that the designers wanted for this hotel. Black, white with lemon yellow accents. The bathroom has a huge soaker tub plus rain shower - this shower was wonderful and very nice toiletries with wonderful soft fragrances like Rum body wash, Peppermint shampoo and Cilantro hair conditioner. The mirror is hidden yes, but it is right next to the sink so not that hard to find and there is a handle to see it. Nice big sink, fuffly white bathmat. There is also a small ironing board and iron and safe big enough for netbook, ipad, camera etc. The toilet is in its own little room along with a small sink. The windows are covered in blinds that move up and down by a switch located right by the bed...easy to use. TV is attached to the wall and offers a variety of stations including English.

The bed I think is a queen with four pillows, Housecoat and slippers, and even earplugs are supplied although I never used them at all during my four nights here and I am a light sleeper.

The lounge and pool is on the 5th where the lobby is. Very relaxing area to sit and have a drink or even work. I worked there quite a bit as it was nice to sit with my netbook and a nice cafe latte and listen to the water in the background. The pool is even heated for cool mornings and evenings. Four 'bed' type seatng areas so you can even lay down and just listen to the water. Little vases full of bright lemon yellow marigolds on all the tables and in the evenings candles are placed on the tables as well to give that magical feel to the evening.

I thought the service was great from both the reception and lounge area...I speak English and had no problems finding someone who understood me. Nice helpful staff and friendly too. This hotel is not far from the convention center so is very handy for those here on conventions. There is a 7/11 down the road as well as a pharmacy. For those wanting to shop there is a huge mall within walking distance offering anything you could want.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms really as they all have good views
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ICanTravelPanama
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Distrito Capital.
All our guests recomendations are very important and help us to improve our service every day.
We hope you come back soon.

Best Regards.

Rodrigo De La Hoz Foglia.
Distrito Capital Santa Fé
Mexico city

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and I stayed in Distrito Capital due to a business trip in México City, in the area of Santa Fe. We had our dog with us and the staff took great care of it. Our dog was walked twice a day while we were on meetings.
We wanted to try real Mexican food and the staff at the Front Desk recommended the hotel restaurant which was a huge surprise. It was excellent, superb food very well presented with fantastic flavours.
Really I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel. You will not get disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Distrito Capital. We hope you come back soon.
For all of us was a pleasure to serve you.

Best Regards.

Rodrigo De La Hoz Foglia.
Distrito Capital Santa Fé
Mexico city
Austin, Tx,
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This hotel is all "looks" and ZERO functionality! Service is absolutely non-existent, staff is indifferent , manager is absent and unresponsive. We travel for pleasure at least 4 times a year and this has been by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. (husband fell due to room design and dislocated finger, next day there was no water, contacted front desk, and response was slow and defensive, iron in room was broken and ruined clothes, next door guests were loud and obnoxious, prices of food and drinks outrageously high). We could not get out of hotel fast enough. When asked to speak to manager, the response was "it's the weekend, he is not here".... No wonder the hotel is so, so bad.

This trip was completely ruined by our stay at this hotel. First and last time.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Not worth it!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
SantiagoLeon, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Mr o Mrs Madolali

Thank you for staying with us at Distrito Capital, we regret you had a negative experience with our staff and in our hotel in general. We deeply appreciate your feedback, it helps us to continually improve, I'm already working with the staff in order to attack these problems at once. Our priority is our guest's complete satisfaction, and that's the philosophy every employee must have.

We would like to invite you to give us another chance and stay with us again, you will shortly receive an e-mail with further information.

If you have any other comment or suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Gerardo Osorio
gosorio@hoteldistritocapital.com
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We spend a great time in Mexico City; the location of this hotel is the best. You even don't have problems with the traffic jam and there are many choices of transportation.
My only observation are the beds, the matress was very small for 2 people...
For the rest, the attention, the amenities and the bedroom are ok.

Room Tip: Verify the size for the matress.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I spent 3 nights sub my girlfriend and it's wonderful...the corner suite is amazing...the view is awesome specialy at night, the design is absolutely genuine very chic and trendy, well the staff is very kind and I just want to say thanks for.everything. javier and Isabel. I'll be there soon.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank maleger
Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2011

My company has an office in Santa Fe and I needed a room for a couple of nights. I usually stay at the NH (which is a Nice Hotel -- pun intended!), but it was booked. Distritio Capital is just across the street and operates on 5 floors of a hi-rise building. The lobby is very modern with an understated design. The rooms feature 30 foot ceilings, most painted all black, and one full wall is a window overlooking the city and mountains, which is spectacular at night. the bed was comfortable and the shower worked well There is a TV, Wi-Fi, and an iPod docking station as well as a mini bar. It was quite dark in the room, making it difficult to put on makeup (they really should add lighted cosmetic mirrors to their amenities). The restaurant area is nice and relaxing, and the continental breakfast was tasty. Note that there is a lot of construction going on in the area, including at night. The hotel was kind to provide earplugs, which helped mute the sound.

Room Tip: Ask about whether the room overlooks the construction site and if they are doing night construction.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MG_IslandHopper
New York
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We are staying here for 3 nights. Our room is on the 28th floor and its like being in an eagles nest with an amazing view of Mexico City. I'm not in love with the minimalistic decor and black walls. Everything is hidden including the bathroom mirror. It took us a day to locate the light switch for the main overhead light!
The bed is very comfy and the shower and tub are great.The breakfast was excellent- fresh juices, assorted healthy cereals and baked breads and boiled eggs, served in a pleasant restaurant with a view of the landscaped terrace. Can't really comment on the location because we chose the Santa Fe area to be close to our friends home.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple