“NO CHAIRS, NO AIR !”

Fiesta Americana Reforma
Ranked #44 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel on April 04/2014.
I have never seen a hotel without chairs in the lobby /areas ?? Where you want the people to sit down and relax??. It has the space to put some chairs or make small areas for people to sit down.
At night we were sweating ,because the air condition was turn off. We could not set the temperature. The sink faucet make a sound every time you turn it on.The shower was not working properly, it was a little water coming down,with a little pression.
The bathroom was only for one at a time , only can fit one person.
The pillows were old and hard as a rock. No iron ,No blower.
This hotel has a good location ,but they need Help! and need remodale the facilities ,Urgent desperately to compete with the rest of the hostels.

Room Tip: Check before you reserve the room ,the amenities the room will have
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MANUEL G, Director General at Fiesta Americana Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and the time you took to share your recent experience at our hotel, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay with us, your opinion is very important and also help us to improve our work day by day.

We guarantee we will be working in each detail that you mention so we can make you feel each visit at home.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,765)

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed three nights for a congress.
The bathroom could have been cleaner and it took very long to get clean rooms for all the delegates. Otherwise the staff has been very attentive - opening the business center before hours and organizing a trip to the pyramids.
Breakfast and lunch that we had at the hotel were not very impressive.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments are very important to us.

We appreciate your opinion and we assure we will work in the opportunity areas that you mention so we can offer you a nice stay every time you visit us.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Good location, a bit tired in decor. Restaurant very poor, breakfast buffet a zoo. Conference and events team useless, despite an agreed programme in writing they chose to deliver something else. Desperate to ensure that each correction was paid for as it happened, despite my bring a resident Front desk and concierge staff were however superb - friendly, helpful and efficient.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris C
MANUEL G, Director General at Fiesta Americana Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and the time you took to share your recent experience at our hotel, please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced, your opinion is very important and also help us to improve day by day.

We guarantee that each visit you will feel at home.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Fiesta Americana Reforma is a great location for visiting mexico city. I've also stayed at the Hilton Reforma a few blocks away, which is a little more modern and expensive but very nice. The Fiesta was very clean, the room was nice, and the reception desk and concierge were very helpful. From the hotel you can walk to the Zocalo, take a quick bus to Chapaltpec Castle, hop on the metro (about 4 blocks away) to go the Coyachan or anywhere. Wireless internet in the room worked well. All in all, of the 4 hotels I've stayed in Mexico city (1 in Santa Fe, 1 in Zocalo, and 2 in Reforma), this is the best value, although not quite as nice as the Hilton (which costs a little more). I don't actually like staying any closer to the Zocalo because the area isn't as nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank westcoaster2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments are very important to us and also help us to improve day by day our operation.

We greatly appreciate your good opinion about the location of the hotel, and we hope you come back very soon at Fiesta Americana Reforma.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Large chain hotel close to the centre of Mexico city, 20 mins walk to centre 25 mins walk to historical area. Some shops in the area, but no restaurants or bars. 5 mins walk to metro station. Very good sized room with king sized bed, safe, mini bar/fridge, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, good TV with CNN but minimal other English language programs, coffee machine with filters charged for, A/C or heating. Free snacks tea/coffee on 22nd floor. Good restaurant with reasonable prices and good quality food.. Friendly helpful reception. Gym. Starbucks in foyer, useful for Wi-Fi. Some on site shops including a travel agent

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColinEssex

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your compliments that I assure you will be passed on to our staff.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

61 YEAR OLD MAN ASSAULTED BY SECURITY TEAM LEADER, RAYMONDO AND RAMON

I stayed at this hotel the entire month of November, 2013. I paid cash; two weeks before i actually checked into this hotel. I was lead to believe the rooms are heated as the one i saw on the 22nd executive floor had a thermostat with a heat setting upon seeing a sample room. This is why I chose this hotel over others because I required my room to be heated in November. I also stated I needed to HAVE A SECURE AND QUIET FLOOR; all being assured by Juarez Jazmin in sales by email

(It is important to let you know that our professional and dedicated staff do not allow the entrance of external people to our hotel for security reasons,

so we can assure you that you will have a good night.
Please for reservations you just need to contact our reservations department toll free number
Juarez Jazmin Friday, October 11, 2013
I WAS GIVEN A HEATER. I WANTED NO HOOKERS RUNNING THROUGH THE HALLWAYS AS THIS WAS WHAT I HAD EXPERIENCED BOTH AT THE GRAN PANORAMA HOTEL AND HOTEL MONACO.

Well I heard hookers being around in that hallway at night; the fire door at the end of the hallway was being tied open to allow girls to access the floor. I saw the rubber rope used. In morning I confronted Ramon who worked the security at night if he was letting girls in at night?; He said Yes; For money? yes Sir for money. Shorting after that I was assulted by the security team leader and Ramon, dragged into the stairwell. They tore my clothes, I had phoned the police and they came, I was taken to PGJ for victim assistance via a police car. I saw two detectives, I saw a translator of english to spanish, I saw two female doctors I was assigned a lawyer by the Mexican Government. I was told to go back to the hotel by my mexican lawyer and the detectives, this happened Nov 13th, 2013. I experienced intimidation by other management members such as Raymondo Valle. He threatened me and blocked my room access by blocking my room key all for more money I suspect, I had prepaid the room in cash until November 28th; this even after him being told at the RGJ station the prior night and he was told by the police to leave me alone, I had my email wifi cummunication tampered with (wire fraud) on the Fiesta Americana Reforma wifi and the Starbucks wifi in the lobby as I was not able to send email to my Canada Embassy in Polanco or any government address of @international.gc.ca

They are extortion people wanting your money by any means possible and even after the assualt Nov.13th they remain on the job. I saw them there the day I checked out November 28th, 2013.

Don't stay at this hotel; they will lie to you. They will extort your money. They will want you to meet their girls and if you try to meet women in a normal common old fashion way at Starbucks or others places you will be encourged by extortion to speak to their so called women of the night, .

A nice location in relative terms in downtown Mexico City but a large part of the staff are losers. Only the maids I feel are honest and I mean real honest as I left change money around in the room and once had left the security safe open by accident with over near $90,000 peso's cash in it.

Room Tip: The higher the floor number the better the room for quietness.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Reforma in Mexico City, the last time I stayed at this hotel had been 10 years before, and I thought that it wasn't going to be a good experience; especially, since the price was unbeatable. How wrong I was, the hotel hasn't lost its excellent location, excellent service, but also the rooms are being kept in good shape, and cleanliness keeps being their trademark: congratulations. The service was great, but the only problem was that the taxi drivers from the hotel were too expensive, and the city is not that dangerous anymore, so we ended up using other taxis, and had a wonderful time, while saved a lot of money.

Room Tip: Make sure that you stay in a room in between the 5th floor and the 8th floor, and facing away from R...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
MANUEL G, Director General at Fiesta Americana Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014