“A sacrifice give the location”

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
Ranked #46 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
“A sacrifice give the location”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

It was my first time staying at the Sheraton on Reforma. It is in a prime spot of the city. However, this did come at a premium: the traffic can be bad at times and on top of that they have the great fortune of having the American embassy on the same street.

The hotel has some years and it is evident in the rooms, most notably the bathrooms. Other than that it was a stay without incident.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for your time to leave a review about the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers. We are working hard on giving a solution to your observations. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago
Reviewed 6 June 2013

While the location is excellent the rooms and service leave a lot to be desired. It is an older building but the furniture and fixtures are definitely up for a face lift! The bathroom is not only tiny but is so old I had a hard time knowing if it was dirty or worn out. The air conditioner is so loud it was hard to hear anything but the air being pushed out, and when the air wasn't on I could hear my neighbor as if he was in my room. On the bright side I learned a great deal about a certain teleconference service at 7:00 am, thanks to a very nice sales presentation courtesy of room 1026. I stay a Starwood properties all the time and this is the only time when they have not let me bundle the internet into my room charge, the front desk lady informed me that no Starwood property does that, hard to believe since I did it last week at a Starwood property in Guadalajara. To say the front desk staff was not helpful is an understatement, they were rude and dismissive all three times I had to talk to them. The hotel cab that took me to my meetings my first day not only had no idea where he was going ( the address is a well known building in the Santa Fe neighborhood) but then his car broke down halfway there which just turned into a disaster. Beyond that the food is drab and the selection leaves much to be desired. I hate to say this but there are so many other wonderful hotels in Mexico City that I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Moni558
Dear Guest:

Thank you for leaving your feedback following your recent stay with us at Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers.

We regret to know about your experience and offer you our apologies. Your food feedback has been shared with our Food & Beverage team and we are giving a follow up with the Taxi Stand outside of the hotel.

We are working on a project in order to give a solution to your observations and to ensure the level of service that you expect from Sheraton.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Great location in the middle of Reforma. Nice big room with excellent bed and separate dressing area. Breakfast good. Gym excellent. Small pool on rooftop, would have expected something bigger as this is a massive hotel. Decor a little worn but everything works. We got a v good rate. Don't expect character though- everything bland and beige but comfortable with good service.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your preference and your review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our services. Regarding your observations, we are happy to inform you that we are in the process of giving a solution. We hope to see you soon.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Booked for 67$ a night on PL. Arrived at around 1h30PM but room was not ready so they stowed my luggage, I went for lunch then finalized check-in. A lot of people in line, but staff made this efficient with minimal waiting time. For 30$ more a night, I upgraded to a larger room, with free breakfast and internet.

The room was quite nice, spacious, with a nice classic European wooden decor. Nice king bed, flat screen TV, decent wifi connection, large and classy bathroom, bathrobe included. A nice little touches was the daily fruit selection left on my desk on both days. And the view of the Angel was unbeatable, especially at night.

The breakfast is served in the Manhattan Deli, and comprises gringo and Mexican fare, with a few dishes for Japanese guests (arrive early for dumplings). I definitely went for the Mexican dishes (ricos chilaquiles, flan, some sort of queso fresco in sweet cane juice...yummy). And they have an orange press for fresh juices.

The gym was quite decent, with a good mix of weights, machines and cardio. They are renovating so should look even better (the men's change room needs a freshing up for sure!). Only down side, the pool which was small and full of people. But the view atop the hotel is quite nice.

There is a pharmacy/market (Sanborns), plenty of restaurants and cinemas close to the hotel. Its about a 20 minutes walk to the Bosque de Chapultepec, and a 30 minutes walk to the Zocalo. Mind you, it would be great if a subte station was closer.

Overall, a great stay in el DF thanks to Sheraton Maria Isabel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Guest:

We are delighted to know about your wonderful experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our Sheraton Fitness. The improvements has been done. Your feedback has been shared with our Food & Beverage area, who will be glad to read it. Guest experience is what matters us most and it is always really rewarding to read that we succeed. Thank you again for your trust, and we hope to welcome you back soon on your next visit.
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Good hotel in Mexico City and in a convenient location. The hotel is spacious and has many areas for conducting business and relaxing. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The hotel would have a 5 rating if we had better service from the Amici restaurant.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We appreciate your nice comments about our facilities and staff. We regret to read about your experience at our Amici Restaurant. Please rest assured we are taking care of this and hope you find the difference during your next trip. We hope to see you soon.
Bournemouth
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Good facilities. Rooms comfy. Coffee shop attached to hotel.
Good atmosphere in bar area. Food ok. Breakfast buffet is good.
Security aspect. Right next door to US embassy with people queuing all day. Armed guards all over the embassy.

• Stayed May 2013
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear Guest:

We appreciate your taking the time to post your review about your experience at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. Hoping to have the pleasure of see you again soon in Mexico City.
Northern Virginia, Virginia
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

I was traveling for business for one week. This was my first time to Mexico City and my company put me up in the hotel due to the fact that the hotel is safe and it's right next to the U.S. Embassy. I am a woman who was traveling alone.

My hotel room had a great view of the angel statue. Getting a taxi to to the hotel from the airport was easy. The bellmen were excellent as were the front desk staff. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the room. I had a great experience both with check in and check out. It was nice to put the taxi back to the airport right on to the room charge.

I ate at Starbucks, the Manhattan Deli and I had drinks in the lobby bar as well as the nightclub where the (large) mariachi band was. The food was so-so, the coffee was excellent and the drinks were fine if overpriced.

They put fresh fruit and tons of bottled water in my room every night. I thought that was a nice touch. I ended up giving a lot of the fruit to the ladies with their kids who were panhandling on the reforma.

The location is walkable on a large pedestrian boulevard which was quite pleasant and safe feeling. I only went out alone in the day time but you could walk to reforma 22 which is a huge luxury (outdoor) mall with tons of restaurants and also a more traditional shopping arcade. A 7-11 is very very close by as well.

The pool was a bit small but it was still nice to have as an option and it is on the roof after all (!!)

• Stayed May 2013
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Guest:

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your first time to Mexico City and that you enjoyed our services and facilities. We appreciate your sharing us your memorable experience and hope the opportunity of welcoming you back soon. Cordially,