“Great Location Only”

Ranked #46 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Toronto, Canada
“Great Location Only”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Yes in the heart of financial district, friendly and useful staff speaking English. Ye,s great view of the “Angel”. Clean rooms but, clearly update is needed to become a 21st century Sheraton. This is a pity to have such outdated amenities. The coffee maker didn’t work, but they exchanged it promptly. As a Starwood member, although no status, I was expecting a Starwood floor (not club), didn’t get it. After asking twice for bathrobe and slippers, I got them. So service can be improved, but rooms upgrade is a must!

Room Tip: you can ask for "Angel" view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for your preference. Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers is working on a major project that will allow us to meet your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next trip to Mexico City. Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It was great to have selected the Sheraton Maria Isabel for our two weeks staying in Mexico City. The Hotel faces the Angel of Independence. It is located 10 minutes away by public transportation to "Centro Historico" or Chapultepec Park on Reforma Avenue, one of the most important main streets in the city. Around these two places, one can find a lot of the museums and attractions, restaurants etc. Polanco, a great neighborhood with fancy stores and beautiful squares and nature is relatively close too. For us who like to walk, was ideal to see a city who is friendly to pedestrian. Service at the hotel is outstanding. Our only complain is the air conditioner is noisy, but everything else compensate for the little issue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest: We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your long stay with us. Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers offers a great location in the heart of Mexico City and is centrally located on Paseo de la Reforma, overlooking the famous Angel of Independence. We appreciate your wonderful feedback and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Cordially,
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Towers sections and had access to certain perks such as free internet, access to the business lounge and many more priveleges.

It is true. The hotel is a bit on the older side as it has been built for many years now but it still remains luxurious. It is not modern and it doesn't pretend to be...it does have this older, lavish feel.

• Stayed August 2013
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest: We appreciate very much your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our Towers Section and its benefits. It will be a pleasure to have you as our guest in a near future. Cordially,
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently when in Mexico City on business. As a Starwood Platinum member I usually get upgrade to the Club Floor where the Club Lounge is well stocked and staffed with friendly folks. The property is in the heart of the financial district with Citibank, Bank of America, the US Embassy and the Mexican Stock Exchange virtually on the door step. Ask for a higher floor room that overlooks the Angel de la Reforma.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your preference and loyalty to Starwood Hotels. We appreciate your sharing your experfience with us and your recommendation.

We hope to see you soon.

Whitman, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The service upon checkin was okay, and the breakfast was hearty. A good selection of pastries, meats and cheeses, fruit, and heartier fare like pancakes, bacon, refried beans, and chilaquiles. The tamales were stupendous! The room was comfortable and clean. The air conditioner worked well, if not a bit noisily. The pool water was kept at a decent temperature, but the paint around the edge of the pool was peeling. I had to pick it out of my hair. The rest of the pool area had garbage everywhere, and some of it had been blown into the pool. My biggest complaint, however, is of the concierge. I asked her about the location of an Ado bus stop, and she told me using a very rude tone, "we don't know anything about that". Contrary to what she told me, the bellhop was able to tell me exactly what I needed to know (that the bus stopped in front of the hotel). He clearly possesses the knowledge, helpfulness, and respect that the woman at the concierge desk is sorely lacking. She made a fool of herself, and she made Sheraton look bad. I didn't catch her name, but she was the larger of the women working the lobby the afternoon of August 17. If I ever return to this hotel, I will direct all my questions and requests to the bellhops, as I refuse to be on the receiving end of such disrespect and lies. That bellhop deserves a raise.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank G-Thing44
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your time in sharing us your experience, same that helps us to correct our opportunity areas. We regret to know about your experience with our Concierge. We are looking into this matter, in order to avoid it happens again with other guests.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I booked this hotel with high expectations for a weekend trip to DF.
I was a bit disappointed however. The hotel urgently needs an update. E.g. in my bathroom, the sink was falling apart an one of the electr. sockets was kept in place with a piece of folded paper (?!). This is more something I would expect from a cheaper place honestly.
Also for 2 days of internet, I paid the same amount as for 1 month in my house. That's really ridiculous.

The location of the hotel is very good and the staff is very helpfull, that I must say.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PeterJLP
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for sharing us your recent stay at the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers. We offer you an apology for the issues you experienced and these has been shared with the area involved. We appreciate your time and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again soon. Cordially,
Norrköping
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Growing in Mexico I always wanted to stay in the Maria Isabel Sheraton. I travel to Mexico City 2 to 3 times a year and like to stay in different hotels.
This hotel in very beautiful but very noisy. You can hear people in the other rooms very clearly and unfortunately my neighbors during my stay where not in a quiet mood. I did change rooms but the noise from the other guest was present.
Probably I will be back to this hotel but I will ask the reception to give me a very secluded room in some corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank José A
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your preference and for choosing us as your home away from home. We regret to read about the noice you experienced during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again and please ask to our Guest Service Agents a room away from noice.