“The staff make this an excellent hotel.”

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
Ranked #46 of 309 Hotels in Mexico City
Edinburg, Virginia
“The staff make this an excellent hotel.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in the US and numerous around the world. This hotel is very nice and has the nicest staff I believe I have ever seen in a hotel. I am still here until Friday but I don't expect anything to change before I leave on Friday. From the front desk to every employee employee they have don't everything humanly possible to assist. I'm in the tower so you have a few more benefits here but I really believe you'd receive the same treatment no matter what. The constant free bottles of water here just stands out.
I am here working with the US Embassy which is right next door but I'd stay here even if it was not next to the embassy. There have been some teacher protests in front of the hotel but I have not heard them at all. The rooms truly seem to be insulated from all the noise very well. You are within walking distance of many restaurants and many shops. I absolutely would not hesitate to come back here on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bigfoot424
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for your wonderful review while you are still staying with us. We could not be happier that you have had such a memorable experience with us, especially at our Towers Section. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. We wish you a safe trip back home. Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel is very nice and located in a good part of town with a big statue roundabout outside that is a big photo op location. The staff was exceptional. It has a Starbucks inside and the sushi bar/restaurant was very good too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for choosing us while your visit to Mexico City. We appreciate your nice feedback and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you soon. Cordially,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Maria Isabel is a classic in Mexico City. It's location across the street from the Angel de la Independencia position it right smack in the middle of everything. Walking and the area are very safe. The downside is that the hotel is outdated in some respects. I stayed twice in two weeks. My first stay seemed to be in a room in a newer area of the hotel. Elevators were fast and new. Rooms seemed newer as well. The second time I was given a room in an SPG Preferred Guest floor but I had to request a room change due to the heavy odor of mold and cig smoke. Granted they did accomodate my inconvenience but the older tower had three elevators two of which seemed to never work: a hassle in an 18 floor hotel.
Overall the experience was OK. Some of the staff at the Jolongo, the hotel bar, were a bit rude (even as guests). I would hesistate to pay full price but if you get a deal go for it. There are more pros than cons.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest: We appreciate your preference for the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers. We are working on a major project to renovate our elevators. We regret very much the inconvenience you experienced with this work.

We are in the process of giving a solution to your observations, in order to meet your expectations.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon. Cordially,
Buenos Aires
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I arrived at the Sheraton Maria Isabel around 3 pm on a Sunday afternoon. As a SPG gold member, they gave me a very nice room overlooking the Angel of the Independence and there was even a fresh fruit basket waiting for me. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and gracious. After a short nap on a very, very comfortable bed, I returned to use the rooftop pool. I thought I had read it was indoor but it was an outdoor pool (I think they cover it in the winter). The temperature was perfect and the views from the top of the building were amazing.

One of the biggest travel issues I have is air conditioning. I like it 60 degrees or cooler when I sleep so I was pleasantly surprised to see how quickly the room cooled down! At 7:30 pm, all guests received a phone message that the electric company had decided to turn off electricity to the hotel and surrounding building from 12 am to 5 pm that night and had not given the hotel any advance notice (so it was not at all the fault of the Sheraton).

When I let the manager know that I wouldn't be able to sleep without air conditioning, they arranged for me to go to another comparable hotel at no expense to me and were extremely apologetic even if it wasn't their fault - but the fault of the electric company.

For the short time I was there, I can highly recommend the quality of the rooms (very modern, unlike other reviews I read here), the superb pool and the outstanding staff for their service recovery. I'd definitely stay here again when I return to Mexico City!

Room Tip: I was in 1109, which is a Starwood Preferred Floor. The view was amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Matthewfromct
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your experience following your recent stay at the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the time you spend with us. Please contact us the next time you come to Mexico City. It will be a pleasure to prepare the details of your arrival. Cordially,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Yes in the heart of financial district, friendly and useful staff speaking English. Ye,s great view of the “Angel”. Clean rooms but, clearly update is needed to become a 21st century Sheraton. This is a pity to have such outdated amenities. The coffee maker didn’t work, but they exchanged it promptly. As a Starwood member, although no status, I was expecting a Starwood floor (not club), didn’t get it. After asking twice for bathrobe and slippers, I got them. So service can be improved, but rooms upgrade is a must!

Room Tip: you can ask for "Angel" view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you very much for your preference. Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers is working on a major project that will allow us to meet your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next trip to Mexico City. Cordially,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It was great to have selected the Sheraton Maria Isabel for our two weeks staying in Mexico City. The Hotel faces the Angel of Independence. It is located 10 minutes away by public transportation to "Centro Historico" or Chapultepec Park on Reforma Avenue, one of the most important main streets in the city. Around these two places, one can find a lot of the museums and attractions, restaurants etc. Polanco, a great neighborhood with fancy stores and beautiful squares and nature is relatively close too. For us who like to walk, was ideal to see a city who is friendly to pedestrian. Service at the hotel is outstanding. Our only complain is the air conditioner is noisy, but everything else compensate for the little issue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest: We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your long stay with us. Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers offers a great location in the heart of Mexico City and is centrally located on Paseo de la Reforma, overlooking the famous Angel of Independence. We appreciate your wonderful feedback and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Cordially,
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Towers sections and had access to certain perks such as free internet, access to the business lounge and many more priveleges.

It is true. The hotel is a bit on the older side as it has been built for many years now but it still remains luxurious. It is not modern and it doesn't pretend to be...it does have this older, lavish feel.

• Stayed August 2013
DianaVerdin, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest: We appreciate very much your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our Towers Section and its benefits. It will be a pleasure to have you as our guest in a near future. Cordially,